Your military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag...

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

If not active, its undoubtedly protected free speech. But, if pino trump gets his way, that will all change and you dummies will wish you had paid more attention to liverals.
Your military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag...

...that's a bullshit argument.

:wtf:

Uh --- yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeah OK. Should be in the Non Sequitur forum.

I guess you're right. Military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag.
The Constitution is what says that.

My post -- I think there is some constraint if you're active. IOW, active military give up certain rights.

You're free to say it, I'm not going to arrest you, but it's a bullshit argument. Veterans did not earn a right to tell others it's ok to disrespect the flag.

Vets, active, retired or reserved are required to know and obey the UCMJ to wit:

The “lawful command of his superior officer,” 891.ART.91 (2), the “lawful order of a warrant officer”, 892.ART.92 (1) the “lawful general order”, 892.ART.92 (2) “lawful order”. In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ."

What does the UCMJ have to do with veterans?

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

If not active, its undoubtedly protected free speech. But, if pino trump gets his way, that will all change and you dummies will wish you had paid more attention to liverals.

I guess you're right. Military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag.

My post -- I think there is some constraint if you're active. IOW, active military give up certain rights.

Why don't you attack Trump for something he's actually said and not stuff you makeup about him? The only people who have ever proposed to outlaw speech are all Democrats.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

You don't have free speech in the workplace, period. Your employer gets to decide what's allowed and what isn't.

You're free to say it, I'm not going to arrest you, but it's a bullshit argument. Veterans did not earn a right to tell others it's ok to disrespect the flag.

according to you those men disrespected "the flag" "the military" "the country" even though they SAID that was not their intent.

anyone who actually DID serve, reserves the right to say they are not in fact offended in the least.

WEAK minded emos, like our tough guy draft dodger in-chief, feel threatened because they are weaksauce on the inside.

these same dumbo FRAUDS are CURRENTLY also having "free speech" rallies to protect 'rights' of torch carrying nazi confederate militia.

WHY do YOU and our so-called POTUS protect and defend this form of DISRESPECT to our flag??

c.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

523.jpg

^ "sons of bitches" or "very fine people"?? :eusa_think:

I served 4 years and I'm not offended and don't talk about it much or bring it up every other post. If one wants to kneel, lay down,turn their back on the flag I don't really give a damn. They are not offending me at all. If standing for the anthem is their contracts then the probably will be punished in some form. Seems the only ones offended by this are the Trump suckers. It's a piece of fucking material for Christ sakes. If you want to be offended say something to the people wearing the flag. Or in kid rocks case cutting it out and using as a poncho, but you sure want him to run for office. Now he offends me because he is a pathetic piece of shit.
View attachment 151775Yeah...this guy is running as a Republican, isn't he?

Yep, he certainly is but he is a patriot. He wears that flag proudly.
How do you see that? He cut a hole in it. He's wearing it as he sings about sex, drugs, etc....and he's sweating all over it.

Oh, I get it.....it's the (R)....it's ok if it's an (R).

There's always a small cadre of douchebag military veterans who stand by to make excuses for the Democrats and all the unpatriotic shit they pull. It's bullshit.

back at you
but REALLY there is no excuse to call ANY of our vets douchebags.

Sure there is.
An easy thing for the trumpanzees to do.....a very easy thing....it shows the contempt they really hold for veterans (unless they can use them)

according to you those men disrespected "the flag" "the military" "the country" even though they SAID that was not their intent.

anyone who actually DID serve, reserves the right to say they are not in fact offended in the least.

WEAK minded emos, like our tough guy draft dodger in-chief, feel threatened because they are weaksauce on the inside.

these same dumbo FRAUDS are CURRENTLY also having "free speech" rallies to protect 'rights' of torch carrying nazi confederate militia.

WHY do YOU and our so-called POTUS protect and defend this form of DISRESPECT to our flag??

c.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

523.jpg

^ "sons of bitches" or "very fine people"?? :eusa_think:

I served 4 years and I'm not offended and don't talk about it much or bring it up every other post. If one wants to kneel, lay down,turn their back on the flag I don't really give a damn. They are not offending me at all. If standing for the anthem is their contracts then the probably will be punished in some form. Seems the only ones offended by this are the Trump suckers. It's a piece of fucking material for Christ sakes. If you want to be offended say something to the people wearing the flag. Or in kid rocks case cutting it out and using as a poncho, but you sure want him to run for office. Now he offends me because he is a pathetic piece of shit.
View attachment 151775Yeah...this guy is running as a Republican, isn't he?

Yep, he certainly is but he is a patriot. He wears that flag proudly.
How do you see that? He cut a hole in it. He's wearing it as he sings about sex, drugs, etc....and he's sweating all over it.

Oh, I get it.....it's the (R)....it's ok if it's an (R).

I was being facetious. But many on this board does think it's alright because he is a republican.

Vets, active, retired or reserved are required to know and obey the UCMJ to wit:

The “lawful command of his superior officer,” 891.ART.91 (2), the “lawful order of a warrant officer”, 892.ART.92 (1) the “lawful general order”, 892.ART.92 (2) “lawful order”. In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ."

According to Article 2 of UCMJ, "Retired members of a regular component of the armed forces who are entitled to pay" are covered by UCMJ.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

what rights? I never gave up any rights while serving.

According to Article 2 of UCMJ, "Retired members of a regular component of the armed forces who are entitled to pay" are covered by UCMJ.
key word there is "retired". That is because we are enrolled in the retired reserves and therefore eligible for recall. Non retired veterans are not subject to recall and subject to UCMJ.

"Who are entitled to pay" That rules out 99% of them.

The constitution does.

And if you're fighting in service of those freedoms and protecting everything the flag stands for, then yes, your service makes you uniquely qualified to speak on this matter.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

what rights? I never gave up any rights while serving.
Oh? Freedom of protest while in uniform? Freedom of movement while on duty? Who else can be written up for destruction of government property for continuously getting sunburned?

Burning the flag, or disrespecting the flag, means I no longer am listening to your message. I no longer want to hear you, all I know is that you are an enemy of the United States, and I don't care what you have to say.

So you don't understand the Constitution? How unAmerican

Forum List

Back