Your opinion on the name September for a baby.

What is your opinion? Do you like the name or dislike it? Why?

There is a direct reason I am asking, but I'll withhold my opinion for now so as not to influence answers.
You mean you aren't going to use a name like "Adolf" or "Aryan Purity"? (Names picked by another Nazi until the state took those kids out of there.

I don't see there being a problem with it. March, April, May, June, and August are already names. June is my mom's middle name. :) :) :)

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

My philosophy has been to avoid doing more harm than good. I think cutesy/weirdo names, especially for girls, can be a hindrance to their credibility in later life.

True story... a kid back in High School's name was Richard Head.
He would have been born in the mid 1960s, so it isn't like his parents were unaware what that name would inflict on their child.
And he was relentlessly teased for it.

As for the name September, not one I would choose for sure.
Kids look for any reason to isolate a kid to pick on and bully. Weird names are a top choice.

What is your opinion? Do you like the name or dislike it? Why?

There is a direct reason I am asking, but I'll withhold my opinion for now so as not to influence answers.
It’s a nice sounding word and name but what I don’t like about it is the lack of available nicknames. Sep maybe or Temby… but I’m a firm believer in good solid nicknames, short ones for friends to call you and a long formal one for resumes and for your mom to call you when you are in trouble. for those reasons I wouldn’t go with September.

I'm named after the month of April myself but September for a name just sounds a bit too awkward to me. Then again one of my favorite girl names is Journey and many people will probably find that strange since it's either a trip or a seventies band lol

You mean you aren't going to use a name like "Adolf" or "Aryan Purity"? (Names picked by another Nazi until the state took those kids out of there.
It’s not for me. The guy wants September, but the girl objects. I’ve yet to know about how this works, but seems couples disagree on some crazy names, and then settle on something else.

It’s a nice sounding word and name but what I don’t like about it is the lack of available nicknames. Sep maybe or Temby… but I’m a firm believer in good solid nicknames, short ones for friends to call you and a long formal one for resumes and for your mom to call you when you are in trouble. for those reasons I wouldn’t go with September.
Thanks. I think the nickname thing is a good point. I’ve always thought July a good name, with Jules or Julie as a nickname.

We have April, May and June as longtime female names. Sometimes July and August. Why not September? As for black females, all you have to do is find a bunch of letters that end in "isha'.

I don't like September for a name....but

strangely enough, I adore the name Dakota, I love it!:)
I've seen guys named Dakota, but always thought it was a girl name. I see girls' names ending in the letter A, and boys' names ending in the letter O. I do like Dakota for a girl. Also like Savannah. Probably some other geography names that don't come to mind right now.

Forum List

Back