Your rights have been taken away as of today

Obama already made a statement saying he would veto this bill no matter what if it contained that in it.

He has said a shit load ... all not truths so why believe him now?

The ironic part is that you were correct, he promised to veto and then merrily signed it anyway. Nice going BO. It is a nice topper that the dems here seem to be giving him a pass over the whole thing....

Washington Republicans want to repeal NDAA
By The Stranger February 3, 2012

Reps. Jason Overstreet, Matt Shea, Vincent Buys, Cary Condotta and David Taylor, all Republicans, have introduced HB 2759, or the Washington State Preservation of Liberty Act. With the bill, the lawmakers aim to tackle the NDAA provisions that make American citizens on par with al-Qaeda terrorists in terms of making anyone in the US eligible for stay at the Guantanamo Bay military prison.

» Washington Republicans want to repeal NDAA Mutiny Radio

That's a bunch of bullshit. If they want it repealed why did they support it to begin with?

What are you talking about?

These are Republicans in the state of Washington. Do you have a record of their YEA vote on the NDAA, or something?

Yes I do

WA 1 Rep. Jay Robert Inslee Democratic Yea
WA 2 Rep. Richard Ray 'Rick' Larsen Democratic Yea
WA 3 Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler Prefers Republican Party Yea
WA 4 Rep. Richard 'Doc' Hastings Republican Yea
WA 5 Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers Republican Yea
WA 6 Rep. Norman DeValois 'Norm' Dicks Democratic Yea
WA 7 Rep. James A. 'Jim' McDermott Democratic Nay
WA 8 Rep. David George 'Dave' Reichert Republican Yea
WA 9 Rep. Adam Smith Democratic Yea

HR 1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 - Voting Record - Project Vote Smart

That's a bunch of bullshit. If they want it repealed why did they support it to begin with?

These are Republicans in the state of Washington. Do you have a record of their YEA vote on the NDAA, or something?

Yes I do

HR 1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 - Voting Record - Project Vote Smart

Read the post more carefully. They are not referring to federal legislators. They are talking about STATE legislators.

From the link:
Reps. Jason Overstreet, Matt Shea, Vincent Buys, Cary Condotta and David Taylor, all Republicans, have introduced HB 2759, or the Washington State Preservation of Liberty Act.
The bill is for the state of Washington, not the federal government. IMHO, this may be the basis for a constitutional challenge to the federal law but I wonder if anyone would actually take it up because Obama would have little reason to challenge the law at this time.

Yes I do

Read the post more carefully. They are not referring to federal legislators. They are talking about STATE legislators.

From the link:
Reps. Jason Overstreet, Matt Shea, Vincent Buys, Cary Condotta and David Taylor, all Republicans, have introduced HB 2759, or the Washington State Preservation of Liberty Act.
The bill is for the state of Washington, not the federal government. IMHO, this may be the basis for a constitutional challenge to the federal law but I wonder if anyone would actually take it up because Obama would have little reason to challenge the law at this time.

I did

Do you have a record of their YEA vote on the NDAA

State congressmen would not be voting for the NDAA.

Now try reading the WHOLE thing
Washington Republicans want to repeal NDAA
By The Stranger February 3, 2012

Reps. Jason Overstreet, Matt Shea, Vincent Buys, Cary Condotta and David Taylor, all Republicans, have introduced HB 2759, or the Washington State Preservation of Liberty Act. With the bill, the lawmakers aim to tackle the NDAA provisions that make American citizens on par with al-Qaeda terrorists in terms of making anyone in the US eligible for stay at the Guantanamo Bay military prison.

» Washington Republicans want to repeal NDAA Mutiny Radio

Read the link. It specifies state. Read the post. He specified state. Not the state representatives but republicans IN the state. I highlighted the appropriate part....

Yes I do

From the link:

Thank you Thank you. That SOB even voted for cap and trade. Another reason I havent voted for repubs

Now try reading the WHOLE thing

Read the link. It specifies state. Read the post. He specified state. Not the state representatives but republicans IN the state. I highlighted the appropriate part....

I understand that but that wasn't the question. A state congressman or state senator cannot vote for Federal legislation. I was answering the question that was asked.

I understand that but that wasn't the question. A state congressman or state senator cannot vote for Federal legislation. I was answering the question that was asked.
I actually think the question was facetious but hey, I am derailing here. Back to the point, what do you think of the overall push.

It is state so I don't think they have any say but the original law is unconstitutional. I would like to know if this can start a challenge or if the WH actually has to challenge this law - something I don't think Obama is going to be dumb enough to do.

I actually think the question was facetious but hey, I am derailing here. Back to the point, what do you think of the overall push.

It is state so I don't think they have any say but the original law is unconstitutional. I would like to know if this can start a challenge or if the WH actually has to challenge this law - something I don't think Obama is going to be dumb enough to do.

It will be great if they can get it done. The Governor should take back control of the state gaurd, and defend it citizens against the federal government if they try to push this against it's citizens.

animated_kool_aid_man_oh_yeah_.gif

Yay totalitarian military dictatorships!!! I hope the Neocons are finally happy now.

I am a REP and I am against this bill so I dont know why you say that.. All my friends who are REP are against it too

if it passes, the repubicans won't overturn it when they regain power.

Thank you Thank you. That SOB even voted for cap and trade. Another reason I havent voted for repubs

Are you in Washington state?

Yes Sir!!!

Sorry to hear that ;)
Ironic world - I think you are actually close to me. Seriously screwed up government we have here. I came from California only to find another California......

NDAA Nullification Passes Virginia Senate by a Veto-Proof 39-1 Vote
Posted by Michael Boldin

Today, the Virginia Senate took a firm stand in support of liberty, the Constitution for the United States, and the Constitution of Virginia by voting in favor of House Bill 1160 (HB1160), the “NDAA Nullification Act.”

The final vote was 39-1.

After a motion to recommit (delay until next year) went down to the wire before being rejected yesterday (report here), groups across the political spectrum activated in support of the legislation, which codifies in law that no agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia – including defense forces and national guard troops, will comply with or assist the federal government in any way under it’s newly claimed powers to arrest and detain without due process.

NDAA Nullification Passes Virginia Senate by a Veto-Proof 39-1 Vote – Tenth Amendment Center

Yes Sir!!!

Sorry to hear that ;)
Ironic world - I think you are actually close to me. Seriously screwed up government we have here. I came from California only to find another California......

C'Mon down to Florida...or Texas... :) :eusa_angel:

Texas, no. Florida maybe but I am not one for all that damn humidity. For all the governmental faults, I love CA because of all the shit there is to do. Nowhere else like it.

Now, I have not seen the gulf from the shores of Texas though. IF they are the same as some of the islands there (crystal clear and warm water) then I will be a Texan tomorrow ;)

Tell me I am wrong tell me that when the bill voted on by the senate did not just strip Americans of their 4th 5th 6th and possibly 8th amendment away?

The bill does allow the executive branch to waive the authority based on national security and hold a suspect in civilian custody.
The legislation also would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.
Senate approves $662 billion defense bill - Yahoo! News

All that awaits is obama signature. It could be a poly to give obama a chance to say look I vetoed a bill and protected your rights. He get's re-elected by a grateful nation and bam he strips those rights away after he has been re-elected.

this was not passed by the republican controlled house?

This roused a question for me. Why the Federal government lawmakers passed the NDAA in large proportion? The Act is obvious violation to the Constitution that the media even dare not to discuss it.

Several days after 911, there was an anthrax attack targetted on Senators that forced the passing through of Patriot Act. In October 2002, there was a Washington DC sniper spree which intimidate the lawmakers to pass the bill of Armed force Authorization in Iraq. (for war on Iraq). It's ten years since then. Our congress and Senato now has been trained to tamed sheeples under the whips of Pentagon and FBI?

Forum List

Back