Your Stories of how Gay Marriage ruined your Marriage

What's the basis for opposition unless it's essentially one's morals? There's no validly proven effect on traditional marriage or society as a whole.

Its objection due to the process used. I have no objection to the states changing the marriage contract they recognize via legislative action. However there is no RIGHT to gay marriage in the federal constitution, just as there is no right to abortion in it. These are derived concepts created by a judicial branch that has been exceeding its mandate for the past 30 years.

That's an oxymoron Marty. The courts don't declare gay marriage, they rule that laws treating gay marriage differently from straight marriage have no rational basis. Abortion is another matter. So again, what can opposition be to gay marriage be unless it's based on some myth?

Strawman argument is a strawman argument. Being against Judical fiat gay marriage does not mean you have to think it can ruin someone else's marriage.

Using your tactic, tell me how the pistol owned by your law abiding neighbor and concealed carried all these years has ruined your life somehow.
My neighbor shot his wife and daughter with a pistol. A pistol was used as a weapon in a drive by shooting in the East End two blocks from my nephew's home.

Meanwhile, a same sex couple three doors from me got married, bought the home they were renting, installed new windows, roof and siding and bought their wedding invitations from my brother's print shop.

But how did MY pistol affect you?
You asked about my neighbor's pistol, not yours. How did my neighbor's wedding effect yours? Not at all, huh? Well, until you decide to shoot your family, or one of your family shoots themselves, or you, your pistol is not effecting me or this topic.

I find that many are. For example, those who are confused between the marriage of two consenting adults and criminal acts against minors...or animals. They cannot seem to tell the difference.

That being said......still looking for some stories of how legalized gay marriage has ruined someone's marriage.

Post your anecdotal evidence here.

Strawman argument is a strawman argument. Being against Judical fiat gay marriage does not mean you have to think it can ruin someone else's marriage.

Using your tactic, tell me how the pistol owned by your law abiding neighbor and concealed carried all these years has ruined your life somehow.

It hasn't...just like my owning of several guns hasn't ruined my neighbor's life. (BTW...which neighbor? The one on the left who is a sheriff's deputy? or the one on the right who BOTH husband and wife are Border Patrol agents?)
This is the difference between bod and other people. She answered the question that it doesn't affect her..you can rightwinger don't like to answer the gay marriage issue because it shows them to be wrong.

A look at the historical record of how same sex marriage destroys is sufficient. Although, the cause is not likely same sex marriage. Acceptance of homosexuality as normal behavior is likely a symptom of a society that is already terminally ill.

Care to provide such "historical record", or are you just trying to sound important whilst actually bleating like a goat?

It hasn't...just like my owning of several guns hasn't ruined my neighbor's life. (BTW...which neighbor? The one on the left who is a sheriff's deputy? or the one on the right who BOTH husband and wife are Border Patrol agents?)
This is the difference between bod and other people. She answered the question that it doesn't affect her..you can rightwinger don't like to answer the gay marriage issue because it shows them to be wrong.

Government actors don't count, because grabbers don't want to stop THEM from owning guns. I am saying if gay marriage is "OK" because it doesn't impact other marriages, shouldn't me owning a gun be "OK" because I don't impact anyone around me as well?

Here's another sad one.....

Gay marriage ruined my life. I have been silent until now, comforted by the knowledge that only a few renegade states allow the despicable practice. But when I saw that the debate was being held at the highest level, I decided to share my story, so that more people could better understand the disastrous effects that gay marriage would have on the American family.

I was happily married to my high school sweetheart for seven years and we had a five-year-old son named Bobby, whom we of course conceived in wedlock. We had a nice home in Iowa, in a town full of hard working, God-fearing Americans, who respected the sacred institution of marriage. Then one day a gay couple moved in next to us and my life began to unravel.

It started with my son. He saw the couple kiss one day and asked why, "Those men are kissing each other, the way you and mommy do?"

I explained that God gave us free will, the right to choose our own actions, and that some people use this free will to choose negative actions, like engaging in sodomy, bestiality, or ingesting black tar heroin. He was so upset by their choice to be gay that the next day, while playing on the jungle gym, he slipped, fell, and broke his arm. The school nurse called my wife, who was busy placing an apple pie on the windowsill to cool, but I had taken our only car to work, so she was forced to ask our gay neighbors to borrow their car, which they allowed, clearly knowing what would happen next.

While texting me the upsetting news about our son, my wife ran a red light, was t-boned by an 18 wheeler, and died immediately.

Inconsolable, my life splintered like the bones in my son’s arm, I turned to the only thing that could truly bring me comfort: black tar heroin. Now orphaned and confused, my son began a romantic relationship with a donkey and started his own business replacing hotel Bibles with the Koran.

This story is not easy for me to tell, but I have scraped myself out of a gutter (literally) and glued my fingernails back on so that I can type this for you. We must act. We must not let the communists in the White House ruin the American family, and with it, the American way of life that was so carefully constructed by the founding fathers, and blessed by our Lord.

How Gay Marriage Will Destroy the American Family - PolicyMic

Reductio ad absurdum

But damn aren't you the cutest most clever poster ever!!!!
you speak latin oh goodee, bonitas non est pessimis est meliorem? ad praesens ova cras pullis sunt meliora ad quem ad quod

Ne ponat, oro, super me ova....

:rofl:

What's the basis for opposition unless it's essentially one's morals? There's no validly proven effect on traditional marriage or society as a whole.

Its objection due to the process used. I have no objection to the states changing the marriage contract they recognize via legislative action. However there is no RIGHT to gay marriage in the federal constitution, just as there is no right to abortion in it. These are derived concepts created by a judicial branch that has been exceeding its mandate for the past 30 years.

Is there a right to any marriage defined in the US Constitution?

A look at the historical record of how same sex marriage destroys is sufficient. Although, the cause is not likely same sex marriage. Acceptance of homosexuality as normal behavior is likely a symptom of a society that is already terminally ill.

Proof?

LOL

My neighbor shot his wife and daughter with a pistol. A pistol was used as a weapon in a drive by shooting in the East End two blocks from my nephew's home.

Meanwhile, a same sex couple three doors from me got married, bought the home they were renting, installed new windows, roof and siding and bought their wedding invitations from my brother's print shop.

But how did MY pistol affect you?
You asked about my neighbor's pistol, not yours. How did my neighbor's wedding effect yours? Not at all, huh? Well, until you decide to shoot your family, or one of your family shoots themselves, or you, your pistol is not effecting me or this topic.

Send me a newspaper article proving your neighbor shot and killed is wife and daughter. Also show he was legally allowed to have said gun. Same as the east end shooting.

The wedding in New Mexico didn't affect me, but it did affect a photographer, and another one affected a baker, both negatively.

My points on this may seem a tad off, but its due to Bodie's point being a strawman. She started this progressive mental circle jerk, I'm just adding to it.

8310678769787aa6132ca0215ef40b1d.jpg

Implying political disagreement is the same as bashing gay people with bibles is wrong and repugnant. Eat a neg you asshole.

Touched a nerve I see. Good.

Your indignation would be much more interesting to me (not really) if you could phrase it in a political science voice shit-for-brains. But you see, you cannot.

Fact; the LGBT demographic is growing. Repubs are on the outside looking in.
Fact; those sympathetic to LGBT is a group that is also growing. Repubs are on the outside looking in.
Fact; the only argument Repubs can make for opposing gay marriage is to determine that what they believe is somehow, "God's will" which sounds especially hollow when HETERO matrimonial success rates are down to a coin-flip's chance.

Neg rep me all you wish. I've never been more proud to receive one.

We've been hearing for a very long time about how allowing gays to marry legally in this country (or even in other countries) will ruin marriage altogether. Well, legalized gay marriage has been a reality in 10+ years in some places.....share with us your stories of how it has ruined yours, or someone you know's, marriage.

Post your stories here.

This posts shows a stunning lack of understanding about the argument for traditional marriage. This is a strawman argument that does not address anything substantive.

The real issue is if the union of a man and woman, capable of producing children, is different from that of a homosexual relationship. Marriage is an intuition which was conceived to protect children and place legal responsibilities on fathers and mothers. It is not a government affirmation of a couple's love.

But this social experiment does not go far enough in your mind, I'm sure. We should extent this experiment to the raising of children. Over 85% of all newly contracted AIDs victims are homosexual men. Mental illness is prevalent among the homosexual community. Claiming, with religious zealotry, that homosexual lifestyle is healthy does not make it so. We do not know what the consequences of such an experiment, but I believe it is prudent to move with caution.

A lot of lies and half truths there but you still didn't address the op.

Because you can't.

Is there a right to any marriage defined in the US Constitution?

Nope. its a contract run by the states. The only constitutional impact is via loving, as the constitution's equal protection crosses racial lines. There is nothing equal about gay marriage and straight marriage.

that being said if the contracts are made the same via legislative action I have no issue with it. If put to a vote in a referendum I would probably vote for it. If a judge says its somehow a right however, (usually the same judge who says I don't have a right to own or carry a firearm) I will fight it until the end.

Government actors don't count, because grabbers don't want to stop THEM from owning guns. I am saying if gay marriage is "OK" because it doesn't impact other marriages, shouldn't me owning a gun be "OK" because I don't impact anyone around me as well?
Is specious logic your friend? If it is, I'd run away from it because it is not serving you well.

We've been hearing for a very long time about how allowing gays to marry legally in this country (or even in other countries) will ruin marriage altogether. Well, legalized gay marriage has been a reality in 10+ years in some places.....share with us your stories of how it has ruined yours, or someone you know's, marriage.

Post your stories here.

This posts shows a stunning lack of understanding about the argument for traditional marriage. This is a strawman argument that does not address anything substantive.

The real issue is if the union of a man and woman, capable of producing children, is different from that of a homosexual relationship. Marriage is an intuition which was conceived to protect children and place legal responsibilities on fathers and mothers. It is not a government affirmation of a couple's love.

But this social experiment does not go far enough in your mind, I'm sure. We should extent this experiment to the raising of children. Over 85% of all newly contracted AIDs victims are homosexual men. Mental illness is prevalent among the homosexual community. Claiming, with religious zealotry, that homosexual lifestyle is healthy does not make it so. We do not know what the consequences of such an experiment, but I believe it is prudent to move with caution.

A lot of lies and half truths there but you still didn't address the op.

Because you can't.

Also a lot of opinions...I highlighted them.
And TTBOMK, the law treats homosexual couples the same way it treats hetero couples in terms of legalities of raising children.

The whole deal comes down to "so what?" So what if someone who opposes gay marriage has the weakest of reasons? The truth is that whenever the issue is brought before the people it has been turned down by a relatively wide bi-partisan margin. The ONLY reason that gay marriage is legal in most states is because ONE judge said so. In PA the ruling of ONE judge will not be appealed according to the Governor. Why? In my opinion because it is an election year.

Never the less whenever we vote is the question ever asked, "do you have a good reason for voting the way you do?"

What we get is BS threads like this one that asks for defense of a statement never made. The flying monkeys then all chime in.

The opinion for marriage equality has been pro majority for four years and is growing.

Public opinion of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From Wikipedia, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Public opinion polls in the United States since 2010 show majority support for legal recognition of same-sex marriage. Majority public support for same-sex marriage has solidified, as polls since 2010 consistently indicate support above 50%.[1] Support has increased steadily for more than a decade, with supporters first achieving a majority in 2010.[2][3][4][5] An August 2010 CNN poll became the first national poll to show majority support for same-sex marriage,[6] with nearly all subsequent polls showing majority support.[7][8][9][10]

Support for same-sex marriage generally correlates with younger age (younger than 50),[11] higher education, and residence in the Northeast, West Coast[12] and some parts of the Midwest, and lack of religious fundamentalism. Women are also more likely to be in support than men.[8][13]

Public opinion polls in the United States since 2010 show majority support for legal recognition of same-sex marriage. Majority public support for same-sex marriage has solidified, as polls since 2010 consistently indicate support above 50%.[1] Support has increased steadily for more than a decade, with supporters first achieving a majority in 2010.[2][3][4][5] An August 2010 CNN poll became the first national poll to show majority support for same-sex marriage,[6] with nearly all subsequent polls showing majority support.[7][8][9][10]

Support for same-sex marriage generally correlates with younger age (younger than 50),[11] higher education, and residence in the Northeast, West Coast[12] and some parts of the Midwest, and lack of religious fundamentalism. Women are also more likely to be in support than men.[8][13]

Its now allowed in 44 states.

Neither homosexuality nor stable homosexual relationships have had a negative impact on heteros.

My own hetero marriage can withstand marriage equality. My question is, why can't others?

Forum List

Back