10 Forgotten Truths

There is no such thing as good debt unless you are speaking of your indebtedness to the Lord Jesus Christ...

You obviously know little about economics. If I borrowed money to open a factory and it was a success, I'd make money, the bank and its investors would make money, and my employees would have jobs. Sounds like a win/win/win to me.

We are social beings and always put our trust in others. We trust them to stop at red lights and not crash into us, we trust them to not shoot us on the street for no reason, we trust them to sell us food that is safe to eat, etc. You can trust God and have complete faith in Jesus, that is fine, but that doesn't mean you'll have a long or prosperus life, that you'll have children and get to see them grow up. In fact in this world, trusting God means nothing, you'll have to hope there is a next world to collect your benefits.

You keep your trust in the economy and I will keep my trust in God alone and we shall see which one of us prevails in the end, Alang1216. Fair enough?

I have no problem with that. If you opened your eyes you'd see that the economics of the Bible is a prescription for stagnation and poverty.

You obviously know little about economics. If I borrowed money to open a factory and it was a success, I'd make money, the bank and its investors would make money, and my employees would have jobs. Sounds like a win/win/win to me.

We are social beings and always put our trust in others. We trust them to stop at red lights and not crash into us, we trust them to not shoot us on the street for no reason, we trust them to sell us food that is safe to eat, etc. You can trust God and have complete faith in Jesus, that is fine, but that doesn't mean you'll have a long or prosperus life, that you'll have children and get to see them grow up. In fact in this world, trusting God means nothing, you'll have to hope there is a next world to collect your benefits.

You keep your trust in the economy and I will keep my trust in God alone and we shall see which one of us prevails in the end, Alang1216. Fair enough?

I have no problem with that. If you opened your eyes you'd see that the economics of the Bible is a prescription for stagnation and poverty.

can't argue with that.....its why the Jews never succeed in business......

You don't see the Jews in Israel today using Biblical farming guidance.

Also Jews in the Middle ages were happy to lend money to Christians who were not allowed to either borrow or lend to each other. In fact that is why they were tolerated and, occasionally encouraged to settle, in Christian lands.

With ya on avoiding debt. Been debt free all but a couple years of my working life. Before I realized credit cards were bad. :) Trouble is we're conditioned by media to desire things we don't need.
We need air, food, water, gravity, and pressure. Everything else is optional. :)

"Under Pressure!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Also Jews in the Middle ages were happy to lend money to Christians who were not allowed to either borrow or lend to each other. In fact that is why they were tolerated and, occasionally encouraged to settle, in Christian lands.

so in other words, we should accept your argument as true, despite the fact that all evidence contradicts it, simply because your argument is about something other than reality......

so in other words, we should accept your argument as true, despite the fact that all evidence contradicts it, simply because your argument is about something other than reality......

Easy to say "all evidence contradicts it" but can you back that up? And how is my "argument is about something other than reality"?

Can we at least agree that just saying something doesn't make it true?

Easy to say "all evidence contradicts it" but can you back that up? And how is my "argument is about something other than reality"?

well, I can certainly agree that what you said wasn't true.....does that work?.....

well, I can certainly agree that what you said wasn't true.....does that work?.....

No. Again you offer up nothing to back up your claim. I gotta think that's because there is nothing to back them up.

And yet for the period of time in which it was followed, during the reign of Kings Saul, David, Solomon and a few following, Israel was very powerful and wealthy and influential.

And yet for the period of time in which it was followed, during the reign of Kings Saul, David, Solomon and a few following, Israel was very powerful and wealthy and influential.

Here's what I found: The destruction of the Hittite kingdom and the weakening of Egypt around 1200 B.C. temporarily left no dominant powers in the Near East, allowing a patchwork of petty kingdoms and city-states to emerge, especially in the area of Syria and Palestine.

There was a power vacuum in Palestine, I doubt Israel was ever rich, powerful, or influential except for the impact it left on Western culture through it's offspring, Christianity. If you know different please enlighten me.

Forum List

Back