$100K-Plus Earners Pay 72% of Federal Income Taxes

Never said that. If they have a job they should pay taxes.....PERIOD.
If they are destitute they obviously have no ability to pay taxes. But thats a whole nother thread.

Lots of families on Medicaid have jobs. If you tax them you're making them pay into the government, and then get paid back from the government when they need healthcare, via Medicaid. That's stupid.

Why not just cut their Medicaid?

Hence why there should be no handouts from the government... and everyone earning even $1 should be paying income tax

Right. When the poor receive no medical care, and no public education, and no help with food, or housing, or energy,

then America will be a better place?

...and still there are conservatives on this forum who attack me for pointing out that what conservatives want is to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

You people prove it in post after post. Own up to it.

Never said that. If they have a job they should pay taxes.....PERIOD.
If they are destitute they obviously have no ability to pay taxes. But thats a whole nother thread.

Lots of families on Medicaid have jobs. If you tax them you're making them pay into the government, and then get paid back from the government when they need healthcare, via Medicaid. That's stupid.

I know you didn't address that to me, but I'd like to put in my two cents on this.

Yes, it might be more efficient to just withhold medicaid, but while you might get an even trade on the $ that way, you miss one big benefit. Ownership. No one can call you just a taker. IMHO you feel differently about yourself, your country, and how YOUR tax dollars are spent.

Just MHO.

You don't build character in poor people by making them poorer.

I know you didn't address that to me, but I'd like to put in my two cents on this.

Yes, it might be more efficient to just withhold medicaid, but while you might get an even trade on the $ that way, you miss one big benefit. Ownership. No one can call you just a taker. IMHO you feel differently about yourself, your country, and how YOUR tax dollars are spent.

Just MHO.

Nope, you build character by giving them some ownership.

But the poor DO pay something! The bottom 2/3 pay as much or more in payroll taxes as they do in income taxes, but capital gains, the income of the truly wealthy, is exempt from payroll taxes. If the poor should have income tax "skin" in the game, then the wealthy should have payroll tax "skin" in the game!!!

Thats bullshit. The poor get it back at the end of the year.
What makes you think the rich dont pay taxes on their income?
And when I cash in stock options they take a huge chunk,which is why we waited to cash in those stock options until Bush was in office.
By doing so we saved over 40k in capital gains tax.
Dont tell me you wouldnt have done the same in my position.
BULLSHIT!
The poor do not get payroll taxes at the end of the year! If they live long enough they start to get something back at retirement age.

All the while you were waiting to cash your stock options they were growing tax free, like an unlimited IRA but with no restrictions or penalties for early withdrawal, and when you finally realized your gain you paid a lower rate than a wage earner, and yet still you bitch you are over taxed.
Elitist Capital Gains Tycoons are never satisfied no matter how many tax breaks they get, and they will whine until the cap gains tax is zero and then they will bitch some more that they are not being paid tax dollars for their capital gains.

So if you were in my position you would have just gave up that 40k willingly? BULLSHIT!!!
And we STILL paid a substantial amount in capital gains on those options on top of our high payroll taxes.
We aren't fucking "tycoons" you dipshit! The options were part of a package given to a twenty eight year employee who has worked diligently to better the company....try it sometime and you might get the same.
Oh...just to piss you off even more? Got another HUGE chunk of options recently dwarfing the last ones. Amazing what hard work and dedication will do for you.
And like last time,I'll wait until I can get a better rate before cashing in.
JUST LIKE YOU WOULD IF YOU WERE IN MY POSITION!!!

Just MHO.

No. You don't. But you certainly don't build character in the poor by making them feel like they don't have to play in the game to get a trophy.

Hence why there should be no handouts from the government... and everyone earning even $1 should be paying income tax

Right. When the poor receive no medical care, and no public education, and no help with food, or housing, or energy,

...and still there are conservatives on this forum who attack me for pointing out that what conservatives want is to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

You assume that if poor people don't get it easy, then they will give up and die. I believe most will not give up.

I didn't. For me it was do something drastic or risk my life in a NYC shelter.

So I got a second job. Drastic? Not really. Easy? No. Fun? Hell no. worth it? Hell yes.

That was 30 years ago. I am now retired well before the age of 60.

Just MHO.

If someone has a legitimate reason for being poor other then being lazy? Fine help em out.
And making someone work for what they have will most definitely build character and confidence in their ability to be more then a taker.

Your medical care or PAYMENT for medical care is a personal responsibility

Nobody advocated closing public schools for citizen minors.. though school is a STATE and LOCAL issue, and not a responsibility of the federal government

Your feeding of yourself is YOUR responsibility... same with the residence and your use of 'energy' for your XBox etc

What conservatives want is equality in treatment by government under law... a reduction in spending to that which is taken in with the equality in taxation rates on every dollar... and to keep the federal government only in areas it is charged to be in.... you want shit at the state level, that is on the state

BULLSHIT!
The poor do not get payroll taxes at the end of the year! If they live long enough they start to get something back at retirement age.

All the while you were waiting to cash your stock options they were growing tax free, like an unlimited IRA but with no restrictions or penalties for early withdrawal, and when you finally realized your gain you paid a lower rate than a wage earner, and yet still you bitch you are over taxed.
Elitist Capital Gains Tycoons are never satisfied no matter how many tax breaks they get, and they will whine until the cap gains tax is zero and then they will bitch some more that they are not being paid tax dollars for their capital gains.

You are correct about medicare and social security.

I believe everyone should have some skin in the game on income tax - funding the federal government - some ownership on how federal tax dollars are spent.

Even if it's only $25 a year.

That's MHO.
Then everyone should have skin in the game on payroll taxes as well. No exemption for capital gains and no cap.

OK, I'm in.

Nobody advocated closing public schools for citizen minors.. though school is a STATE and LOCAL issue, and not a responsibility of the federal government

Your feeding of yourself is YOUR responsibility... same with the residence and your use of 'energy' for your XBox etc

What conservatives want is equality in treatment by government under law... a reduction in spending to that which is taken in with the equality in taxation rates on every dollar... and to keep the federal government only in areas it is charged to be in.... you want shit at the state level, that is on the state

It must be tough to hold a position that will never be the law of the land.

Yeah.. must be tough to be totally reliant on the success of others...

And really tough to explain that you don't want equality in treatment by government, because it can benefit you and your cause... but will scream for equality when it means something to you

Personal responsibility is such a repugnant thought for the lefties

Thats bullshit. The poor get it back at the end of the year.
What makes you think the rich dont pay taxes on their income?
And when I cash in stock options they take a huge chunk,which is why we waited to cash in those stock options until Bush was in office.
By doing so we saved over 40k in capital gains tax.
Dont tell me you wouldnt have done the same in my position.
BULLSHIT!

So if you were in my position you would have just gave up that 40k willingly? BULLSHIT!!!
And we STILL paid a substantial amount in capital gains on those options on top of our high payroll taxes.
We aren't fucking "tycoons" you dipshit! The options were part of a package given to a twenty eight year employee who has worked diligently to better the company....try it sometime and you might get the same.
Oh...just to piss you off even more? Got another HUGE chunk of options recently dwarfing the last ones. Amazing what hard work and dedication will do for you.
You keep trying to divert from the fact that you got a tax break on your capital gains, so it was less substantial than a wage earner's tax on the same income, and which you paid no payroll tax on in spite of your claim that you did pay payroll tax on your capital gains, which calls into question whether you actually did have any capital gains in the first place.

Yeah, "let them eat cake" has never been a winning platform plank.
And we should be glad that extremism like this is typically rejected.
I agree with some significant steps toward cutting ALL spending - including that on aid and targeting aid more carefully. And I agree with getting everyone to have a stake in the game.

But to tell a hungry kid or a handicapped adult to "get a job" - yeah, that ain't happening.

It is an "income" tax

Those who have the most "income" pay the most tax

And if the tax system was overhauled to become more fair, it'd still be that way. One flat rate for everyone, everyone with income pays.

Explain a flat tax system where the wealthy do not end up paying less and the working poor do not end up paying more

We are at the point where between federal and local taxes we are getting killed....
And the Libs feel we don't pay enough....
They never seem to feel that government spends too much....

We are over $17 trillion an debt...

How did we get to this point?

By not spending?

Didn't you know Clinton left a surplus? Republicans, under Bush, used reconciliation three times. Do you remember for what? Using reconciliation meant Democrats were powerless to stop them.

No he didn't. If one uses proper GAAP type accounting, Clinton racked up tons-o-unfundeded liabilities which should count against the deficit.

Try reading the Financial Report of the United States for more accurate representation of the horrible financial state of the country.

Current Report: Financial Report of the United States: Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service

BULLSHIT!

You keep trying to divert from the fact that you got a tax break on your capital gains, so it was less substantial than a wage earner's tax on the same income, and which you paid no payroll tax on in spite of your claim that you did pay payroll tax on your capital gains, which calls into question whether you actually did have any capital gains in the first place.

We paid 15% under Bush. It was 28% and 20% under Clinton.
And if you'll read what I posted we also paid payroll taxes BECAUSE WE BOTH WORKED AT THE TIME!!!! You dumb fuck!!
And I see you didnt address my statement that you wouldnt have done the same.
And dont tell me you would gladly paid those higher CG's taxes if you didnt have to.
Dont be jealous of others success ...it's very unbecoming.:fu:

Just MHO.

If someone has a legitimate reason for being poor other then being lazy? Fine help em out.
And making someone work for what they have will most definitely build character and confidence in their ability to be more then a taker.

I believe most are not lazy. They simply don't realize how much better they can do for themselves than the government can do for them.

It seems many like NYCarbineer see the poor as helpless....people that cant do it on their own if they didn't get it from the government.

They are not. A need for food and shelter is an amazing motivator. The need for food and shelter for your children is an even greater motivator.

Yeah, "let them eat cake" has never been a winning platform plank.
And we should be glad that extremism like this is typically rejected.
I agree with some significant steps toward cutting ALL spending - including that on aid and targeting aid more carefully. And I agree with getting everyone to have a stake in the game.

But to tell a hungry kid or a handicapped adult to "get a job" - yeah, that ain't happening.

Yet let all be treated equally is a winning platform.. a platform that should have have been left to begin with

Equality in treatment is not extremism... nanny government is indeed extremism though

Just MHO.

Someone working at minimum wage is poor. They don't appear to be lazy to me from what I've seen.

Forum List

Back