14M lose coverage under GOP health bill: Congress’ analyst

Hell I just actually READ the report. 1. It says it will LOWER the debt as well 2. This is the same folks that were MILLIONS off of what would happen under Obamacare 3. MILLIONS of those that would "lose" healthcare insurance are people who would cancel it because the mandate would be gone.

"WASHINGTON — The House Republican plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act would raise the number of people without health insurance by 24 million within a decade, but would trim $337 billion from the federal deficit over that time, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said on Monday."
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/13/...-health-congressional-budget-office.html?_r=0

What a deal! Balancing the budget on the backs of those who can't afford healthcare! Let 'em eat cake, RIGHT?

"Many more Americans would be uninsured, and insurance premiums would temporarily spike under the leading Republican proposal to repeal and replace Obamacare, according to a new estimate that also projects the plan would cut the federal deficit.

Fourteen million more people would become uninsured next year if the American Health Care Act is signed into law, the Congressional Budget Office estimated."
24 million would lose health insurance coverage under GOP's Obamacare replacement by 2026

Yup, the 14 or so million that got on Obamacare will bee thrown off of it next year if trumpCare is passed and comes on line. Great Plan GOP!

Starting with the fouled lives as a result of having healthcare ripped out from the safety net of 14 million people with JUST say 10 friends and relatives for each of the 14M becoming aware of the new circumstances of their friends and family, and that comes to over 150 million unhappy campers for the 2018 election. Think about it, folks!

Hell I just actually READ the report. 1. It says it will LOWER the debt as well 2. This is the same folks that were MILLIONS off of what would happen under Obamacare 3. MILLIONS of those that would "lose" healthcare insurance are people who would cancel it because the mandate would be gone.
Are you going to pay their hospital bills since they dont have insurance?

Need we say any more?

Yeah....the CBO is full of shit. You could say that. They need an outside group to do these things...the left wing hacks at the CBO couldn't tell the truth or add numbers if their lives depended on it....

We already do. I don't see you complaining about us having to foot the bill for ALL the services illegals use...

This report estimates the annual costs of illegal immigration at the federal, state and local level to be about $113 billion; nearly $29 billion at the federal level and $84 billion at the state and local level.
From 4 years ago...its probably doubled by now.

The Congressional Budget Office is filled with left wing morons.....this is how they failed to score obamacare....yet are more than willing to attack the Republicans...

CBO Still Refuses to Score Obamacare, Ignores 15 Tax Hikes in Healthcare Law

Buried in Appendix B of the report is CBO's attempt to provide an updated score of Obamacare. But that's not what they did. They only scored the "coverage provisions" of the law, ignoring some fifteen tax increases which are also a part of Obamacare and its cost to taxpayers.

List of tax hikes ignored in the CBO half-score of Obamacare

-3.8 percent surtax on investment income
-Hike in top Medicare payroll tax rate to 3.8 percent
-Medicine cabinet tax
-Additional surtax on health savings account (HSA) distributions
-Cap on flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
-Medical device tax
-High medical bills tax
-Tanning tax
-Tax on employer retiree drug coverage in Medicare
-Charitable hospital tax
-Pharmaceutical manufacturers tax
-Health insurance tax
-Tax on executive compensation in the health sector
-"Black liquor" tax hike
-Codification of "economic substance doctrine"

All these tax increases can be read about in detail here.

All this is simply not credible. The Joint Tax Committee (JCT) produced all sorts of revenue estimates in the larger CBO report. JCT projects how much the death tax will collect each and every year for the next ten years, for example. It claims to know how much the federal government will collect in gas taxes. Is it believable that JCT could not also project how much a dozen or so Obamacare tax provisions will generate?

We already do. I don't see you complaining about us having to foot the bill for ALL the services illegals use...

This report estimates the annual costs of illegal immigration at the federal, state and local level to be about $113 billion; nearly $29 billion at the federal level and $84 billion at the state and local level.
I am not talking about illegals, Homer

Why not? They are here and are costing ME money. Of course you don't complain about that because that would be wacisttt!

Here....another article on how the CBO refused to score obamacare......

CBO throws in the towel on scoring ObamaCare

Congressional budget scorekeepers said they can no longer measure the fiscal impact of many provisions of ObamaCare because the task is impossible.

In a little-noticed footnote from April, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said it will continue to assess the effects of the law's exchange subsidies and the Medicaid expansion, while not tracking others.

"The provisions that expand insurance coverage established entirely new programs or components of programs that can be isolated and reassessed," the office wrote.

"In contrast, other provisions of the Affordable Care Act significantly modified existing federal programs and made changes to the Internal Revenue Code.

"Isolating the incremental effects of those provisions on previously existing programs and revenues four years after enactment of the Affordable Care Act is not possible."

Why not? They are here and are costing ME money. Of course you don't complain about that because that would be wacisttt!
Thank Reagan for that

Also goober you do realize that people are getting insurance SIMPLY to avoid the goofy penalty but they can't afford the deductible so they are NOT paying the bills! So its doing the same fucking thing as NOT having insurance!

Forum List

Back