19 firefighters dead in Arizona fire

My thoughts go out to those firefighters and their families, however what truly made me sick about this whole thing is when CBS News used this tragedy to push the Climate Change BS on last nights 6PM news. What a truly despicable bunch of partisan hacks.

The changing climate is simply a scientific fact, not a political one. The drought that the southwest has experianced for the last decade was predicted in a scientific paper about the decline of the Arctic Sea Ice and the consequences of that decline. But that belongs in the Environmental board, not here, where we are mourning the loss of some of the best people in this nation. You brought it up, so drop it.

My thoughts go out to those firefighters and their families, however what truly made me sick about this whole thing is when CBS News used this tragedy to push the Climate Change BS on last nights 6PM news. What a truly despicable bunch of partisan hacks.

Agreed, and the agenda isn't about "climate change" at all but about crippling US manufacturing to the point it's all offshored. It's always amazed me what kind of job outside government the leftists think will be left for them when they reach that goal?

Although the Yarnell Hill fire is basically a scrub and brush inferno, the state of our national forests here in Arizona is despicable. We can't clear those forests of tinder because the EPA won't let us. So we now have stands of Ponderosa pine that should have no more than 60 trees per acre, at 600-1,000 trees per acre.

These stands are biological wastelands. After the Rodeo fire, we found out we can't stop fires of that magnitude until they burn themselves out or rain douses them. There is simply too much fuel for the fire to consume.....so it crowns and travels 20-30 mph across the tops of the trees. In a thinned forest, the fire must come to ground for fuel and can be dealt with.

After the Rodeo fire, the burn areas are once again full of wild turkeys, deer, owls, and other species that always lived there before. The choice is simple....either thin these forests or Mother Nature will thin them for you, killing everything around them in the process. The climate alarmists always overlook the simple fact that our rainfall here in the southwest is a matter of extended periods of plentiful rain and droughts and nothing else......the jet-stream decides that for us.

This is heartbreaking...so many brave young men killed trying to save others.

Forum List

Back