20,000 gun laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specifically, the ones having to do with background checks.
What specifically makes you say that those laws aren’t being enforced?

You know, you could just state your point already and the reason you believe this.

I feel like I’m trying to pry it out of you.

What specifically makes you say that those laws aren’t being enforced?

You know, you could just state your point already and the reason you believe this.

I feel like I’m trying to pry it out of you.
What makes me think that?

The very thing that prompted me to post this thread. Uvalde. Buffalo. Sandy Hook, Newtown, Columbine.

What makes me think that?

The very thing that prompted me to post this thread. Uvalde. Buffalo. Sandy Hook, Newtown, Columbine.
What about Buffalo, Sandy Hook, Newtown, and Columbine?

What. Specific. Laws. Weren’t. Enforced?

I can’t read your mind. I don’t know how to address your point if you won’t explicitly state your point.

I appreciate your sarcasm, my overly emotional friend, but that didn't answer my question. Of 20,000 laws, surely there was one to stop this from happening.
He bought it legally as he was unfortunately of legal age and without criminal record. He should not have been able to. He was in a state, where you can carry it on the street, without even a permit or training required, though this did not add to the event. The young man was mentally and emotionally unstable, but most of the time, it is the family that knows things like this and they usually do not interfere in this weapons free-for-all society. If he had even talked to a counselor, the counselor is not even required to notify the family, as mental and emotional disturbance counseling is often protected under HIPPA laws and the fear of lawsuit, when someone has not made an overt act or threat, though the counselor knows they are batshit crazy disturbed. In this case, maybe grandma knew, confronted him and could be the reason he shot her. So NO. The only laws he broke were shooting his grandma, two hours earlier, murdering 19 little kids in school and two adults, shooting two members of law enforcement, all before being taken down by a tactical squad, while resisting capture, but I don't think those are the laws you are talking about.
If your point is that 20,000 laws (I certainly am not familiar with 20, 000, but I'll give it to ya) won't help, that only leaves getting them out of the hands of citizens if they cannot meet verifiable standards for ownership, carry, storage, etc far in excess of what are on the books now. If we start with banning future sales, without it, it will not bother me. It won't bother me, no matter how much it bothers you.

Only because both their parents and them have been distracted by technology.....ie. smartphones!!

Less real human interaction = sub-human actions.
Try mandating that, my friend.

He bought it legally as he was unfortunately of legal age and without criminal record. He should not have been able to.
Simple. If push comes to shove, make the age limit for purchasing any firearm uniform. Enforce the background provisions already in place when buying a gun. Add measures like mandatory gun courses and a psych evaluation. If the latter doesn't take place the purchase fails.

Enforce the provisions regarding criminal history. There are laws out there with effective mechanisms that aren't being properly enforced.

It all falls to a matter of diligent enforcement. Enforce the ones we already have, and instead of passing more laws, strengthen the ones we have already.

Last edited:
Simple. Enforce the background provisions already in place when buying a gun. Add measures like mandatory gun courses and a psych evaluation. If the latter doesn't take place the purchase fails.

Enforce the provisions regarding criminal history. There are laws out there with effective mechanisms that aren't being properly enforced.

It all falls to a matter of diligent enforcement. Enforce the ones we already have, and instead of passing more laws, strengthen the ones we have already.

So the same Neo-Marxists that write CRT public school curriculums will be in charge of the psych evaluations??

No thank you.
There is no common sense anymore.
Only constant politicization mostly by leftists!!

Big Gov't only increases problems. Seldom anymore, solves them.

So the same Neo-Marxists that write CRT public school curriculums will be in charge of the psych evaluations??

No thank you.
There is no common sense anymore.
Only constant politicization mostly by leftists!!

Big Gov't only increases problems. Seldom anymore, solves them.
And if leftists (or rightists) try to politicize this process, it will show they are not serious about stopping mass murderers and crazies from getting firearms. It will make it politically suicidal to tamper with this process.

No.

A board of psychologists sanctioned by the state. Not one psychologist, say 10. Make the process collaborative.

At this juncture of our political divide, it's not happening thanks to the Dimm's treatment of Trump when President!!
Nor should it!
The sooner everyone accepts that our Country is bifurcated, only then we will change for the better.

At this juncture of our political divide, it's not happening thanks to the Dimm's treatment of Trump when President!!
Nor should it!
The sooner everyone accepts that our Country is bifurcated, only then we will change for the better.

So we abandon any attempt to unite it?

That's foolish.

See above post. I don't know how to be any clearer.
Ok. Here is one of the things you said:

“Enforce the background provisions already in place when buying a gun.”

Now explain how this wasn’t done. He purchased the gun legally. He didn’t have a criminal record that I’m aware of.

For example,

18 USC 922(d)

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person-

(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

(2) is a fugitive from justice;

(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back