2012 election the year that proved the TEA party is a sham

Now, if a Liberal group threw an event, and called it a "Tea Party" two years after the Ron Paul event, and it had an anti-war theme...

Would you then say that that liberal group was part of the same "Tea Party" movement as Ron Paul?

And the tea party began protesting the Iraq war, long before obama came along.

some vegetables are screaming that the tea party was protesting the vietnam war, too.

No, Ron Paul supporters were protesting the Iraq War before Obama came along.

And they held a fund raising event called a "Tea Party".

The people who began the 2009 movement known as the "Tea Party" were Conservative in nature, not Libertarian, and did not in fact claim affiliation to the Ron Paul campaign.

No, Ron Paul supporters were protesting the Iraq War before Obama came along.

And they held a fund raising event called a "Tea Party".

The people who began the 2009 movement known as the "Tea Party" were Conservative in nature, not Libertarian, and did not in fact claim affiliation to the Ron Paul campaign.

If you had listen to that last video the news was calling Ron Paul the Father of the tea party which got it's start by protesting the Iraq war taxes.......

In fact, the Tea Party has not supported Ron Paul as a candidate at all, have they?

And yes, FoxNews was trying to link the Tea Party to Libertarians.

However, the "Tea Party" is much more a creation of FoxNews than it is Ron Paul.

Several prominent talking heads over at FoxNews like to call themselves "Libertarians" (yes I'm talking about you Sean Hannity), but they are not.

I think the only talking head on a NewsCorp station that is in fact a true Libertarian is Judge Napalitano, on FoxBusiness.

Last edited:
In fact, the Tea Party has not supported Ron Paul as a candidate at all, have they?

And yes, FoxNews was trying to link the Tea Party to Libertarians.

However, the "Tea Party" is much more a creation of FoxNews than it is Ron Paul.

Several prominent talking heads over at FoxNews like to call themselves "Libertarians" (yes I'm talking about you Sean Hannity), but they are not.

I think the only talking head on a NewsCorp station that is in fact a true Libertarian is Judge Napalitano, on FoxBusiness.

The TEA PARTY did in fact support Ron Paul in 2008, until he dropped out of the race. But now this is the reason I started this thread.

The TEA PARTY did in fact support Ron Paul in 2008, until he dropped out of the race. But now this is the reason I started this thread.

No... they didn't.

Ron Paul supporters threw an fund raising event called a "Tea Party".

The "Tea Party" movement wasn't in existence and supporting Ron Paul.

Just like the "Tea Party" movement is not actually protesting injustices done by King George III.

The TEA party has grown into something totally different than what it was when it was in it grassroots movement stage. The TEA party has compromised it's values for political expedience. The anyone but obama syndrome has killed what the TEA party once stood for.

chart_01_GOP_nomination_120119.gif

How can any member of the TEA party support Romney or Newt and claim they have the views the TEA party is supposed to have or at least what they claimed was the reason the TEA party came to be.

Since the summer of 2009, I have said repeatedly that the Tea Party Movement would create a third party or we the mainstream GOP would co-opt it. We have co-opted it.

No... they didn't.

Ron Paul supporters threw an fund raising event called a "Tea Party".

The "Tea Party" movement wasn't in existence and supporting Ron Paul.

Just like the "Tea Party" movement is not actually protesting injustices done by King George III.

Watch the video.

Watch the video.

It's a bunch of crap.

Ron Paul threw a big fund raising event called a "Tea Party".

2 years later, a group of conservatives threw a protest, and called themselves a "Tea Party", but they had a completely different set of values.

Then, later, the backers and promoters of the tea party started claiming that they were somehow attached to Ron Paul's "Tea Party" to give themselves some ideological credibility with people who considered themselves "Libertarians".

The "Tea Party" is NOT a Libertarian movement. They are not the same people who supported Ron Paul in 2007 and NEVER HAVE BEEN.

And if there hadn't been all that editing in that clip, you would have hear Rachel Maddow going on to say as much later in the piece that one of the clips came from.

Watch the video.

It's a bunch of crap.

2 years later, a group of conservatives threw a protest, and called themselves a "Tea Party", but they had a completely different set of values.

Then, later, the backers and promoters of the tea party started claiming that they were somehow attached to Ron Paul's "Tea Party" to give themselves some ideological credibility with people who considered themselves "Libertarians".

The "Tea Party" is NOT a Libertarian movement. They are not the same people who supported Ron Paul in 2007 and NEVER HAVE BEEN.

And if there hadn't been all that editing in that clip, you would have hear Rachel Maddow going on to say as much later in the piece that one of the clips came from.

In the video they also call him the Father of the TEA party, deal with it.

Watch the video.

It's a bunch of crap.

In the video they also call him the Father of the TEA party, deal with it.

the real father of the tea party is don segretti.

I am not sorry to bust that wet dream you have of the TEA party started because of obama but deal with it. obama was just a junior senator and at the time the tea party begin Bush was on their radar and not obama.

I am not sorry to bust that wet dream you have of the TEA party started because of obama but deal with it. obama was just a junior senator and at the time the tea party begin Bush was on their radar and not obama.

and now you will write that 500 times, with crayons.

and then you might feel better.

The "Tea Party" was always a sham. It was just an attempt by the hardcore reactionary right to rebrand itself. Same old wine, attempting to hide in a new skin.
No it wasn't because they did start protesting with bush.

Really? Weird how they didn't start having public rallies until 2009. Guess it was a more silent form of protest. :doubt:

The "Tea Party" was always a sham. It was just an attempt by the hardcore reactionary right to rebrand itself. Same old wine, attempting to hide in a new skin.
No it wasn't because they did start protesting with bush.

Really? Weird how they didn't start having public rallies until 2009. Guess it was a more silent form of protest. :doubt:

Watch the video I posted your wet dream that obama was the cause of the tea party is just a fairy tale.

If you think madcow was promoting anything. Just watch the video.

I don't.

And I watched the video, very closely.

Notice they cut Maddow off as she's about to go into how the new Tea Party is just conservatives trying to hijack the Paul moniker.

And notice her later use of the words "dubious claims".

That video is just filled with creative editing, taking her out of context.

Forum List

Back