2012 Presidential Debate - Townhall

Who Will Win Tonight's Debate

• Total voters
Obama gave stronger rhetoric; but overall just more fluff. And at times he devolved into lies and personal attacks. I think that factor and the overall better substance presented by Romney and the contrast between their records is why a CBS poll showed Romney as the victor with 65 percent.

Obama gave stronger rhetoric; but overall just more fluff. And at times he devolved into lies and personal attacks. I think that factor and the overall better substance presented by Romney and the contrast between their records is why a CBS poll showed Romney as the victor with 65 percent.

Here is Obama's plan:

"........................"

You catch that ?

He didn't lie, you pathetic douche. He passed on the best intelligence he had at the time. He left open the fact that right wing theocrats used a terrorist attack. He didn't give a rat fuck. He said the scumbags would be pwned. XXXXXXX

Why was the Republicans and Bush such fags about this?

He lied. He claimed he denounced it as a terrorist attack the next day. He didn't. He was on the view the following week and at the UN blaming a spontaneous riot that occured because of a youtube video no one has seen. He was asked on the view about whether it was a terror attack and he refused to say one way or another because "we didn't have enough information yet"

funny...they just showed the video from the rose garden the day after...

his words, exactly "no act of terror" will go unpunished and "we will get to the bottom of this".

sorry charlie...

Carol Crowley corrected her misque and know you look like an idiot of infinite proportions.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

He lied. He claimed he denounced it as a terrorist attack the next day. He didn't. He was on the view the following week and at the UN blaming a spontaneous riot that occured because of a youtube video no one has seen. He was asked on the view about whether it was a terror attack and he refused to say one way or another because "we didn't have enough information yet"

funny...they just showed the video from the rose garden the day after...

his words, exactly "no act of terror" will go unpunished and "we will get to the bottom of this".

sorry charlie...

Carol Crowley corrected her misque and know you look like an idiot of infinite proportions.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Yup. He didn't identify it as an act of terror. At all.

And when he tried to respond the *moderator* shut him down.

Last edited:
Nice! Nice! Nice! Candy calls out the Liar (Romney).

Not her job. She also cuts Romney off. Over and over and over.

I thought Crowley did a good job, both of the men wanted to get their own points in but she pushed them back time after time. Romney would have gone on for the full 90 plus minutes. They went over by about 10 minutes.

Nice! Nice! Nice! Candy calls out the Liar (Romney).

I thought Crowley did a good job, both of the men wanted to get their own points in but she pushed them back time after time. Romney would have gone on for the full 90 plus minutes. They went over by about 10 minutes.

Obama had more total talk time by about 3 minutes.

Of course talking and saying something are two different things.

You get Obama's plan for the economy ?

Pretty simple.

"........................."

That's it.

Rose garden transcript, it's a draw, he mentions terror at the end but starts off by saying "attack" alone, and of course rice, the un address, I rate romneys statement mostly true :lol:

THE PRESIDENT:* Good morning.* Every day, all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation.* Often, they are away from their families.* Sometimes, they brave great danger.

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi.* Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith.* We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed.* And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack.* We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats.* I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world.* And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths.* We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others.* But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence.* None.* The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

Already, many Libyans have joined us in doing so, and this attack will not break the bonds between the United States and Libya.* Libyan security personnel fought back against the attackers alongside Americans.* Libyans helped some of our diplomats find safety, and they carried Ambassador Stevens’s body to the hospital, where we tragically learned that he had died.

It's especially tragic that Chris Stevens died in Benghazi because it is a city that he helped to save.* At the height of the Libyan revolution, Chris led our diplomatic post in Benghazi.* With characteristic skill, courage, and resolve, he built partnerships with Libyan revolutionaries, and helped them as they planned to build a new Libya.* When the Qaddafi regime came to an end, Chris was there to serve as our ambassador to the new Libya, and he worked tirelessly to support this young democracy, and I think both Secretary Clinton and I relied deeply on his knowledge of the situation on the ground there.* He was a role model to all who worked with him and to the young diplomats who aspire to walk in his footsteps.

Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. Today, the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but our memories of them linger on.* I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of those who love them back home.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks.* We mourned with the families who were lost on that day.* I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed.* And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.*

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it.* Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.* Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America.* We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act.* And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers.* These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity.* They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Also, Ryan and Romney both said it took two weeks for the president to talk about anything regarding this. Obama cleared that up and Candy as a reporter knows what he said and when. I don't think it was her trying to cover for the president rather she was saying he wasn't embellishing what he said and when.

Rose garden transcript, it's a draw, he mentions terror at the end but starts off by saying "attack" alone, and of course rice, the un address, I rate romneys statement mostly true :lol:

THE PRESIDENT:* Good morning.* Every day, all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation.* Often, they are away from their families.* Sometimes, they brave great danger.

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi.* Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith.* We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed.* And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack.* We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats.* I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world.* And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths.* We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others.* But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence.* None.* The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

Already, many Libyans have joined us in doing so, and this attack will not break the bonds between the United States and Libya.* Libyan security personnel fought back against the attackers alongside Americans.* Libyans helped some of our diplomats find safety, and they carried Ambassador Stevens’s body to the hospital, where we tragically learned that he had died.

It's especially tragic that Chris Stevens died in Benghazi because it is a city that he helped to save.* At the height of the Libyan revolution, Chris led our diplomatic post in Benghazi.* With characteristic skill, courage, and resolve, he built partnerships with Libyan revolutionaries, and helped them as they planned to build a new Libya.* When the Qaddafi regime came to an end, Chris was there to serve as our ambassador to the new Libya, and he worked tirelessly to support this young democracy, and I think both Secretary Clinton and I relied deeply on his knowledge of the situation on the ground there.* He was a role model to all who worked with him and to the young diplomats who aspire to walk in his footsteps.

Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. Today, the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but our memories of them linger on.* I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of those who love them back home.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks.* We mourned with the families who were lost on that day.* I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed.* And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.*

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it.* Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.* Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America.* We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act.* And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers.* These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity.* They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Also, Ryan and Romney both said it took two weeks for the president to talk about anything regarding this. Obama cleared that up and Candy as a reporter knows what he said and when. I don't think it was her trying to cover for the president rather she was saying he wasn't embellishing what he said and when.

She agreed with Romney the administration took two weeks to get it's story straight. She said, Romney was right...just didn't use the right words.

I am so looking forward to the days to come. The press is going to lay this wide open and show how the Obama administration tried to cover up their incompetence (Congress is already doing the work).

The next debate...Romney will lay this one wide open.

Obama had more total talk time by about 3 minutes.

Of course talking and saying something are two different things.

You get Obama's plan for the economy ?

Pretty simple.

"........................."

That's it.

Where did this 5 point plan come from? Romney is psychotic.

I recorded the post debate analysis on MSNBC. Just so you know, they may be making a little hay about the binder full of womem comment Romndy made.. :lol:

I recorded the post debate analysis on MSNBC. Just so you know, they may be making a little hay about the binder full of womem comment Romndy made.. :lol:
I think neither won the debate. obama was punchier but romney held his own. I personally think got pretty nasty at times.

Which news channel are you all watching tonight? I'm watching MSNBC of course.

I watch CNN of course. They have the Leftytoon room loaded with the live push button folks. After that I like to tune in to watch the MSNBC pundits do the the circle jerk ahh yeah that it's right there I like to get my shit pushed in folks who would say Obama won even if he got caught with a live boy right on stage.

The reality is anyone with a brain already knows who they are voting for unless they are a retard.

Which news channel are you all watching tonight? I'm watching MSNBC of course.

I watch CNN of course. They have the Leftytoon room loaded with the live push button folks. After that I like to tune in to watch the MSNBC pundits do the the circle jerk ahh yeah that it's right there I like to get my shit pushed in folks who would say Obama won even if he got caught with a live boy right on stage.

The reality is anyone with a brain already knows who they are voting for unless they are a retard.
in end doubt debate changed anything. won,t see much of a bounce either way. romney kept his lead and obama kept himself in the game for now

The people now have a sour taste in their mouth about Obama. I expect this likely moved Romney slightly more ahead.
maybe has moved romney a bit more ahead . but either way even if nothing changes in the poll good for romney

still think first debate will haunt obama forever. romney took control of the election from then on in and he not looked back

Forum List

Back