2012 Presidential Debate - Townhall

Who Will Win Tonight's Debate

• Total voters
He blatantly lied. He was still blaming the video the following week at the UN and on the view. In fact, if i remember correctly, the girls on the view asked him whether it was a terror attack and he wouldnt say that.

He didn't lie, you pathetic douche. He passed on the best intelligence he had at the time. He left open the fact that right wing theocrats used a terrorist attack. He didn't give a rat fuck. He said the scumbags would be pwned. XXXXXXXX

Why was the Republicans and Bush such fags about this?
Please retract that statement, Dick Tuck. This is America, not Saddam Hussein's kingdom in which he said the same thing and gassed 30 Kurdish villages back in the 80s. Our soldiers uncovered mass graves there.

We're not going to allow you income redistrubutors to turn America into a place where you can privilege yourself like Saddam Hussein did, and kill his politically inconvenient enemies.

We've had four solid years of Obama thinking of his political adversaries as enemies, and we were tired of it after his exceedingly negative campaign.

We're not taking that die crap any more.

You don't want to see these murdering terrorists dead? I sure as hell do.

He didn't lie, you pathetic douche. He passed on the best intelligence he had at the time. He left open the fact that right wing theocrats used a terrorist attack. He didn't give a rat fuck. He said the scumbags would be pwned. Die motherfuckers.

Please retract that statement, Dick Tuck. This is America, not Saddam Hussein's kingdom in which he said the same thing and gassed 30 Kurdish villages back in the 80s. Our soldiers uncovered mass graves there.

We're not going to allow you income redistrubutors to turn America into a place where you can privilege yourself like Saddam Hussein did, and kill his politically inconvenient enemies.

We've had four solid years of Obama thinking of his political adversaries as enemies, and we were tired of it after his exceedingly negative campaign.

the mods already took care of the retraction ;)

So it's against the rules now to say you want to see the terrorist scum, who murdered our ambassador, receive the karma they deserve. Interesting.

He didn't lie, you pathetic douche. He passed on the best intelligence he had at the time. He left open the fact that right wing theocrats used a terrorist attack. He didn't give a rat fuck. He said the scumbags would be pwned. XXXXXXXX

i am sure all americans want that scum to be killed. shame anything like this gets political but this is election season and so it going to be used.

obama going to have to be ready in next debate as romney still going to go on at him about it

funny...they just showed the video from the rose garden the day after...

his words, exactly "no act of terror" will go unpunished and "we will get to the bottom of this".

sorry charlie...

Obama did not say it was a terrorist act the day after. He barely utter the word terror when he said "no act of terror will go unpunished." Obama did not say he knew the reason for the attack. Also Obama's press secretary said it was a protest in reaction to a anti-muslim video & not a terrorist attack. He said we have no information to suggest it was a pre-planned terrorist attack.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nds0u7WVoE"]President Obama's Press Secretary Benghazi[/ame]
and that what give romney chance to go on attack in next week debate. it be longer time he get to question the president so president need to be ready spend lot of time talking about it

romney did make a mess up asking it last though.

Yeah - Romney appeared rattled by Obama & moderator Candice tag team deception on this, even though Obama tried to deceive. Romney should have attacked hard.

Last edited:
Obama did not say it was a terrorist act the day after. He barely utter the word terror when he said "no act of terror will go unpunished." Obama did not say he knew the reason for the attack. Also Obama's press secretary said it was a protest in reaction to a anti-muslim video & not a terrorist attack. He said we have no information to suggest it was a pre-planned terrorist attack.

President Obama's Press Secretary Benghazi
and that what give romney chance to go on attack in next week debate. it be longer time he get to question the president so president need to be ready spend lot of time talking about it

Yeah - Romney appeared rattled by Obama & moderator Candice tag team on this, even though Obama lied. Romney should have attacked hard.

She was just correcting his version of the facts. He needed correcting.

President Obama's Press Secretary Benghazi

Yeah - Romney appeared rattled by Obama & moderator Candice tag team on this, even though Obama lied. Romney should have attacked hard.
i think he messed up due to getting caught in tangle of words rather then attacking over the whole peroid of misinformation from white house . he got second chance next week to go into more detail on in next week debate. so he be better ready and obama need to be more ready to give answer as romney have better line of attack on it.

i think he was unrise to saying president never used word terrior when he had even if not clear it was in relation to libya. when you see statement day afterward it pretty clear he meant in relation to the attack

i think romney be better going on the indecision white showed in cause of it and the fact they said video had lot to do with it when it didn,t.

You mean lack of fact check? Or rather, in haste to save Obama from a rough question and apparently uncomfortable moment, her deceptive statement? The moderator has NO business interjecting ANYTHING like that.

Last edited:
funny...they just showed the video from the rose garden the day after...

his words, exactly "no act of terror" will go unpunished and "we will get to the bottom of this".

sorry charlie...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nds0u7WVoE"]President Obama's Press Secretary Benghazi[/ame]

He used the term "act of terror". Synonymous term.

“The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

“Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts…No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”

— President Obama, Rose Garden statement, Sept. 12

Should he have been more forceful while the incident was being investigated? I don't think so. You wait to see the evidence.

i am sure all americans want that scum to be killed. shame anything like this gets political but this is election season and so it going to be used.

freedombecki seems to have taken offense at the suggestion that I want to see these terrorists dead, and apparently so do the powers that be here. I'm not going to argue moderation decision decisions, but I sure stand by my desire to see justice done.

i think he messed up due to getting caught in tangle of words rather then attacking over the whole peroid of misinformation from white house . he got second chance next week to go into more detail on in next week debate. so he be better ready and obama need to be more ready to give answer as romney have better line of attack on it.

Romney will get a second chance next week....but it is too late

Romneys only attack is on what did you know and when did you know it

Obama has made it clear that his response is going to be....I am the President, I am responsible, we will track these people down and we will bring them to justice. I got bin Laden....I will get these guys

You mean lack of fact check? Or rather, in haste to save Obama from a rough question and apparently uncomfortable moment, her deceptive statement? The moderator has NO business interjecting ANYTHING like that.

Obama didn't need saving. There are recordings of his news conference all over the place. You Republicans are all like Romney, you lie even knowing everyone else already knows the truth.

Obama has made it clear that his response is going to be....I am the President, I am responsible, we will track these people down and we will bring them to justice. I got bin Laden....I will get these guys

No, Romney's other attacks are 'why didn't you heed the ambassadors repeated requests for additional security?' and 'Your own people said in the hearings that budgetary issues had no affect on embassy security in Libya', and 'if you're responsible, then you're responsible for not properly protecting our people and for their deaths.'

Obama didn't need saving. There are recordings of his news conference all over the place. You Republicans are all like Romney, you lie even knowing everyone else already knows the truth.

He did not directly call the Libya attack an act of terror in the Rose garden speech. The video and transcript CLEARLY show he only used the word 'terror' once, in a general statement at the end of the speech.

FAIL.

No, Romney's other attacks are 'why didn't you heed the ambassadors repeated requests for additional security?' and 'Your own people said in the hearings that budgetary issues had no affect on embassy security in Libya', and 'if you're responsible, then you're responsible for not properly protecting our people and for their deaths.'

Monday Morning Quarterbacking

Monday Morning Quarterbacking

Like you'd be saying that if the situation were reversed :rolleyes:

He was just waving her away every so often, I'm sure she just had to tell him he didn't have his facts straight once again. He is a bully and he was quite disrespectful of the president. You might see that at some point today if you can bring yourself to change the channel for 5 minutes.

Fox News is almost as bad as Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck when it comes to factual reporting.

Forum List

Back