$3.70+/gallon gas. Where's the same media outrage when gas was $1.89 under Bush?

Another democrat dupe.
Gas peaked at $4.14 and then dropped immediately upon Bush's reversal of an exec order drilling ban put in place by his old man in 1991 and renewed by Clinton in 1999. After that reversal the price dropped $.40/gallon in July and August at the peak of demand. After congress agreed to allow the more comprehensive drilling ban to expire in September with a postponement of renewal until the following spring, the price dropped to the mid $1.30's in the middle of the country. That was a week before obama's inauguration.

And at the height of the recession. You guys must think the entire country is as stupid as you. Everybody knows why the price of gas suddenly dropped.
Hey stupid, we're in a recession now.

Hey dipshit, 2007/08 saw the bottom fall out of the economy. We were losing 250k jobs per month. Now we're gaining jobs - 200k last month. We just got back all of the jobs lost back then. The UE rate is below 7%.

Bush's $2 gas prices were a result of the economy falling off a cliff. So yeah, go ahead and give him credit. The economy went down the toilet on his watch......oh but gas prices were really low for a month....so if you still had a job and could afford to fill up, thank Bush or something like that :thup:

If you are too bais to see the average margin in the gas price and call me the bias one you are clearly the sheep, not me.

I guess you think that Bush caused record high gas prices then had a record low dive just before election. But then it averaged out to what it was possibly going to, to begin with.

Learn charts.

(I even posted the chart and the small brains didn't see it! OMG! This doesn't mean I'm bias, it means I'm a learner! It doesn't mean OBAMA IS GOOD idiots!)
Republicans lost the congress in 2006 in part due to rising gas prices. That blows your biased theory.
Now deal with the facts I presented as far as drilling restrictions, their alleviation under Bush and their reinstatement under Obama.
The green agenda is a political scam and has kept our economy in the hole.

Holy crap this newbie didn't see the graph.......if they don't try, how can you even talk to them?

You made two consecutive non-response responses. That's the MO of a lefty sheeple. Now try to respond to the very specific points I made. I dare you.

And at the height of the recession. You guys must think the entire country is as stupid as you. Everybody knows why the price of gas suddenly dropped.

Hey dipshit, 2007/08 saw the bottom fall out of the economy. We were losing 250k jobs per month. Now we're gaining jobs - 200k last month. We just got back all of the jobs lost back then. The UE rate is below 7%.

Bush's $2 gas prices were a result of the economy falling off a cliff. So yeah, go ahead and give him credit. The economy went down the toilet on his watch......oh but gas prices were really low for a month....so if you still had a job and could afford to fill up, thank Bush or something like that :thup:
Spin, spin, spin. If you count people who gave up looking for work in Obama's economy, the unemployment rate is still in double digits, and the jobs that were added were mostly government jobs or temp jobs. The Obamacare employer mandates will result in full time workers being demoted to part time. People are afraid to spend any money because of an uncertain future. The debt is unsustainable and Obama is selling us out to the Chinese, borrowing money we can't pay back. Yeah, things are looking real rosy.

$3.70+/gallon gas. Where's the same media outrage when gas was $1.89 under Bush?

Gas was $1.89 under Bush? When?

The day Clinton left office, gas was $1.09 here and $0.99 30 miles away in another state. Along the way to Bush's $4.00+ gas in 2007 it obviously passed the $1.89 mark. Is that what you mean? And were the media outraged over that? :dunno:
I was driving cross country in February 2002, and in some states gas was .99 cents a gallon. This was under Bush.

Republicans lost the congress in 2006 in part due to rising gas prices. That blows your biased theory.
Now deal with the facts I presented as far as drilling restrictions, their alleviation under Bush and their reinstatement under Obama.
The green agenda is a political scam and has kept our economy in the hole.

Holy crap this newbie didn't see the graph.......if they don't try, how can you even talk to them?

You made two consecutive non-response responses. That's the MO of a lefty sheeple. Now try to respond to the very specific points I made. I dare you.
I addressed your bullshit several times when you posted it earlier in this thread, and you just continued to post the same bullshit over and over again. I even posted links.

Prices spiked because of speculators anticipating a war between Israel and Iran. When the saber rattling finally ended the prices came down, Bush had absolutely nothing to do with it. Bush's token gestures did not to this day produce a single drop of oil.

Iran Test-Fires Missiles in Response to Israeli, U.S. 'Threats' | Fox News
Published July 09, 2008
FoxNews.com

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran test-fired nine long- and medium-range missiles Wednesday during war games to "demonstrate our resolve and might against enemies who in recent weeks have threatened Iran with harsh language," a top Iranian general said of perceived U.S. and Israeli threats.
"Our hands are always on the trigger and our missiles are ready for launch," the official IRNA news agency quoted Gen. Hossein Salami, the air force commander of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards.
Officials told FOX News on Wednesday the missile test is a "clear response" to recent Israeli military exercises and they are investigating whether the missiles can, in fact, reach Israeli and other targets in the region, as Tehran claims.
snip/
Oil prices jumped on news of the missile tests

snip/
Israel's military sent warplanes over the eastern Mediterranean for a large military exercise in June that U.S. officials described as a possible rehearsal for a strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, which the West fears are aimed at producing atomic weapons.
Iran says its nuclear program is geared only toward generating electricity, not weapons.
The Israeli exercise was widely interpreted as a show of force as well as a practice on skills needed to execute a long-range strike mission.

Obviously you weren't around when these events occurred NONE of which have of the same magnitude under Obama!
1) THE RECESSION that started declining in 2000 and was officially started in 3/2001 contributed to businesses letting people go.

2) There was a dot.com bubble bust in that cost $5 trillion in losses.. 300,000 jobs skilled technology workers were out of jobs

3) A minor event --- 9/11!
800,000 jobs lost directly in travel/transportation businesses due to closures which means UNEMPLOYMENT!!!
4) And of the 10 Costliest Catastrophes..
Kiplinger - Interstitial
10. Hurricane Rita 2005
8. Hurricane Ivan 2004
7. Hurricane Charley 2004
6. Hurricane Wilma 2005
5. Hurricane Ike 2008
3. 9/11 Terrorist Attacks 2001
1. Hurricane Katrina 2005...
GEEZ notice something similar??? All during 2001 to 2008!!! GEEZ think that had ANY affect on people losing their jobs???
400,000 jobs lost due to worst hurricane SEASONS 7 of the top 10 hurricanes occurred during 2001 to 2008!

So if in spite of nearly 3 million jobs lost due to Recession/dot.com/9/11 and worst hurricanes IF those events hadn't occurred that would have been a total of nearly 10 million more people working at the end of 2008 then at the beginning!

But of course YOU totally up Obama Bush Bashers NEVER lived through those events that HAVE never occurred IN any presidency before GWB.
NOT ONE president had an attack on American soil.. and before you idiots say yea why didn't Bush get this???

YOU idiots never heard or if you did YOU selectively forget.. GoreLick Memo???
Jamie Gorelick’s wall barred anti-terror investigators from accessing the computer of Zacarias Moussaoui, the 20th hijacker, already in custody on an immigration violation shortly before 9/11. At the time, an enraged FBI investigator wrote a prophetic memo to headquarters about the wall
‘Whatever has happened to this — someday someone will die — and wall or not — the public will not understand why we were not more effective in throwing every resource we had at certain problems…..especially since the biggest threat to us UBL [Usama bin Laden], is getting the most protection.
http://biggovernment.com/jdunetz/20...ousing-collapse-is-on-short-list-to-lead-fbi/

GWB will after 20 years of retrospection by historians and especially measuring the destruction of America by Obama will come to these conclusions:
A) GWB was one of the GREATEST Presidents simply because he had 4 gigantic events occur in his presidency that no other president had happen.
B) Obama will be the WORST President and even without measuring the effects.... folks NO other President has ever stated these are his preferences!
"I don't believe in a single payer health system". I know that $850 billion a year in wasted claims are caused by lawyers. Let's work on reducing that $850 billion!"
"I don't believe in bankrupting ANY company..much less electric utilities"!
"I don't believe that utility rates should skyrocket".
"I don't believe gas prices should go up... rather I think we should open more Federal leases to more oil exploration and become the world's #1 oil producer!"
"I don't believe that our military should be demeaned by statements that call our troops nazis or that they methodically bomb villages killing civilians"!
"I don't believe that all corporations are evil or capitalism is bad. Without taxes from jobs and companies we couldn't run our governments!"
"I don't believe our EPA should be involved in managing dust on country roads or fining a Wyoming welder $75,000 a day for building pond on his property"
"I don't believe in LYING to pass legislation"..Remember "you can keep your doctor"??
"I don't believe there were ever 46 million uninsured as the facts point out there were less then 4 million"!

Obviously you weren't around when these events occurred NONE of which have of the same magnitude under Obama!
1) THE RECESSION that started declining in 2000 and was officially started in 3/2001 contributed to businesses letting people go.

2) There was a dot.com bubble bust in that cost $5 trillion in losses.. 300,000 jobs skilled technology workers were out of jobs

3) A minor event --- 9/11!
800,000 jobs lost directly in travel/transportation businesses due to closures which means UNEMPLOYMENT!!!
4) And of the 10 Costliest Catastrophes..
Kiplinger - Interstitial
10. Hurricane Rita 2005
8. Hurricane Ivan 2004
7. Hurricane Charley 2004
6. Hurricane Wilma 2005
5. Hurricane Ike 2008
3. 9/11 Terrorist Attacks 2001
1. Hurricane Katrina 2005...
GEEZ notice something similar??? All during 2001 to 2008!!! GEEZ think that had ANY affect on people losing their jobs???
400,000 jobs lost due to worst hurricane SEASONS 7 of the top 10 hurricanes occurred during 2001 to 2008!
And the housing scams were going on, largely due to pressure from government to get everyone into homes. AND the media hammered him relentlessly and gave people the impression we are entering the dark ages. Obama has been blessed and we are just limping along. It is interesting to see all the turd polishing and Bush blaming going on though.

It was almost $5 a gallon until the economy crashed under Bush
Bullshit. It peaked a little over $4 under Bush for a week or two, then it fell back down to under $2. After Obama took over, it rose steadily and hasn't been under $3 a gallon since. Right now, in So. Cal. it is almost $4 a gallon and rising.

Bush spent more than two weeks on his knees begging the Saudis to increase oil output.

You didn't mention the real reason it was Bush's fault. Everyone knows Bush blew up the levees because he hates black people......:thup:

I addressed your bullshit several times when you posted it earlier in this thread, and you just continued to post the same bullshit over and over again. I even posted links.

Prices spiked because of speculators anticipating a war between Israel and Iran. When the saber rattling finally ended the prices came down, Bush had absolutely nothing to do with it. Bush's token gestures did not to this day produce a single drop of oil.

Published July 09, 2008
FoxNews.com

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran test-fired nine long- and medium-range missiles Wednesday during war games to "demonstrate our resolve and might against enemies who in recent weeks have threatened Iran with harsh language," a top Iranian general said of perceived U.S. and Israeli threats.
"Our hands are always on the trigger and our missiles are ready for launch," the official IRNA news agency quoted Gen. Hossein Salami, the air force commander of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards.
Officials told FOX News on Wednesday the missile test is a "clear response" to recent Israeli military exercises and they are investigating whether the missiles can, in fact, reach Israeli and other targets in the region, as Tehran claims.
snip/

snip/
Israel's military sent warplanes over the eastern Mediterranean for a large military exercise in June that U.S. officials described as a possible rehearsal for a strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, which the West fears are aimed at producing atomic weapons.
Iran says its nuclear program is geared only toward generating electricity, not weapons.
The Israeli exercise was widely interpreted as a show of force as well as a practice on skills needed to execute a long-range strike mission.

What missile tests prompted the doubling of prices between '02 and '05? None. That's because the issue is as simple as supply and demand. Indian and Chinese expanding economies increased demand and put the squeeze on supply and thanks to the green bullshit agenda, US production has been kept low. Except for the period between July 2008 and Jan 2009 when drilling moratoriums expired and the potential for enhanced supply dropped the price. In steps the Hack-in-Chief and his pledges to reinstate drilling moratoriums, etc., and we have high prices again. You're just a partisan in denial.

Published July 09, 2008
FoxNews.com

snip/

snip/

What missile tests prompted the doubling of prices between '02 and '05? None. That's because the issue is as simple as supply and demand. Indian and Chinese expanding economies increased demand and put the squeeze on supply and thanks to the green bullshit agenda, US production has been kept low. Except for the period between July 2008 and Jan 2009 when drilling moratoriums expired and the potential for enhanced supply dropped the price. In steps the Hack-in-Chief and his pledges to reinstate drilling moratoriums, etc., and we have high prices again. You're just a partisan in denial.
Whenever the Right knows they are wrong, they create a Straw Man. We were not discussing '02 to '05, we were discussing the run up in the price of gas in 2008 which was solely due to speculators reacting to the tension between Israel and Iran. The price went up as the tension increased and the price came down as the tension decreased until Bush crashed the world economy which crashed world demand. Drilling moratoriums had no effect on anything.

We have high prices now because oil products are our number one export.

And yet liberals from coast to coast bow to extreme environmentalist cocksuckers and parrot their ramblings about why we shouldn't drill for our own oil. Assuming your tripe is correct for one flashing moment... Would this NOT HAVE HAPPENED if we produced the vast majority of our own oil?
Regardless of how much oil is produced in the US, it will be sold based on the world oil price to highest bidder. Any attempt in the US to flood the market with oil and bring prices down would be met by production cuts in Arab oil production to stabilize price. Producing more oil in the US puts more revenue in the hands of US producer with little impact on the public other than any associated damage to the environment due to increase production.
If we extract as much as is possible, OPEC production cuts would only hurt themselves more than it would impact the global supply and price.
The main goal of OPEC is to stabilize oil prices which means cutting production as supply increase and increasing supply to meet increase demand. Since OPEC countries have huge global diversified investment portfolios, it's to their advantage to minimize prices movements in the oil market. OPEC's target price for oil is about $100/barrel.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back