$3.70+/gallon gas. Where's the same media outrage when gas was $1.89 under Bush?

You need to understand something -- all those very wealthy Democrat politicians and their minions who drive huge gas-guzzling limos at YOUR expense are out to save the planet. That means reducing petroleum production and raising energy costs - as Obama promised the first and last time he ran for office!!!

The main question is the consumption of gasoline in USA has gone up or down ??

It doesn't matter since gasoline is traded on a global basis. As long as consumption continues to increase globally, the price will continue to rise.
True. Eventhou US production is rising in the face of domestic reduction in demand, demand from abroad is pushing prices higher. Increasing production in the US just helps soften the increase in price here at home. I doubt that US supply and demand will ever again be able to determine global oil prices.

Last edited:
Bullshit. It peaked a little over $4 under Bush for a week or two, then it fell back down to under $2. After Obama took over, it rose steadily and hasn't been under $3 a gallon since. Right now, in So. Cal. it is almost $4 a gallon and rising.

It steadily rose during the Bush years, until the crash. Then after a short time with Obama in office it came right back up.

Here are some easy to read charts

Gasoline Price History
And the trend has been down since the summer of 2012

ch.gaschart
You must not drive. It's gone up 45 cents a gallon over the past 2 weeks. The trend is not down, it's UP.

I have said more than a few times on this board Presidents don't control gas prices even so the left was more than happy to blame Bush for high prices so don't complain now while the right does it to Obama.

Here's a challenge... analyze the politics and economics of 1995 America and make the argument for a return to $1.00/gallon gasoline.

Dude, if you spend 300k to pump salt water around in the ground, why don't you do the analyzing . No one on here except the 1% guy has that kind of income and money.

So explain away. And why do you pump all that saltwater? You got a geo thermal loop going or what? You trying to contaminate a fresh water source? Having fun? What?

I have said more than a few times on this board Presidents don't control gas prices even so the left was more than happy to blame Bush for high prices so don't complain now while the right does it to Obama.

Actually, some one did get it right when they claimed that the Obama foreign policy in the ME was creating instability and driving the price of oil upwards.

Of course, no one wants to recognize that the invasion of Iraq definitely destabilized the ME and the price of oil rose dramatically.

One pres doesn't start a war and higher gas prices are his fault.
One president does start a war and doesn't get blamed for higher gas prices.

How does that kind of logic work?

Either war or the threat of war ALWAYS drives energy prices higher. Always. Can't fight with out diesel and gasoline. Jet fuel. Etc etc.

Difference between Obama and Bush, I think the invasion of Iraq was JUST to drive the price of oil through the roof. Dick Cheney knew what would happen. Oil companies made a killing during that time.

Actually, some one did get it right when they claimed that the Obama foreign policy in the ME was creating instability and driving the price of oil upwards.

Of course, no one wants to recognize that the invasion of Iraq definitely destabilized the ME and the price of oil rose dramatically.

One pres doesn't start a war and higher gas prices are his fault.
One president does start a war and doesn't get blamed for higher gas prices.

How does that kind of logic work?

Either war or the threat of war ALWAYS drives energy prices higher. Always. Can't fight with out diesel and gasoline. Jet fuel. Etc etc.

Difference between Obama and Bush, I think the invasion of Iraq was JUST to drive the price of oil through the roof. Dick Cheney knew what would happen. Oil companies made a killing during that time.

If someone farts to loud in the Middle East the price of gas goes up that's a given as Iraq goes around election time 2008 gas was under 2 dollars a gallon now it's around 3.50 a gallon with a President who's foreign policy could not be more opposite from Bush. Most stuff that impacts gas prices are beyond the Presidents control Democrat or Republican.

Last edited:
It steadily rose during the Bush years, until the crash. Then after a short time with Obama in office it came right back up.

Here are some easy to read charts

Gasoline Price History
And the trend has been down since the summer of 2012

ch.gaschart
You must not drive. It's gone up 45 cents a gallon over the past 2 weeks. The trend is not down, it's UP.
You do realize gas prices fluctuate? Gas prices were down nearly 9% in last 6 mos of last year. The average US gas price today is $3.67 slightly lower than a year ago, $3.65.
US Retail Gas Price

Nice intelligent OP. Funny none of the articles by experts I read, named Obama as the culprit., But then they aren't strongly partisans either, just realist.

Now for the real reasons.
AAA Warns Drivers: Gas Prices Set to Rise
AAA Warns Drivers: Gas Prices Set to Rise | Fox Business
Who occupies the Whitehouse is not the major factor in determining how much you pay at the pump. One of biggest factors is where you live. State gas taxes range from a low 8 cents to a high of 48 cents a gallon. Also the cost of transporting gas can be a significant cost. However, the biggest factor is the cost of oil which is determined by global supply and demand.

Last edited:
Here's a challenge... analyze the politics and economics of 1995 America and make the argument for a return to $1.00/gallon gasoline.

Dude, if you spend 300k to pump salt water around in the ground, why don't you do the analyzing . No one on here except the 1% guy has that kind of income and money.

So explain away. And why do you pump all that saltwater? You got a geo thermal loop going or what? You trying to contaminate a fresh water source? Having fun? What?

I was being a tad obtuse, and a tad :beer:.

The salt water goes into a tall (5x13) tank where over time, tiny droplets of crude oil float to the top. There it collects into a column that floats on the water beneath it. Then it flows out through a transfer pipe to the stock tank.

The salt water is syphoned from the bottom of that tank, and then pumped back underground in order to wash more oil droplets to the wells that pump the same fluid back out of the ground.

It's a continuous loop of cycling the salt water and flushing crude out of the ground.

The price of gas isn't Bush's or Obama's fault. It's just world markets...specifically China becoming much more competitive in the oil markets.

No sitting President is responsible for gasoline prices. Gasoline prices are controlled by rich people.

The price of gasoline is determined by supply & demand.

Americans drive overly large cars, drive too much, and use mass transport too little.

So the next time you drive a couple of miles in order to idle for 15 minutes in a Micky Ds drive-thru, waiting on your cheap-o, carb-heavy breakfast, in your gas guzzling pickup truck , take a moment to blame yourself for the price of gas.

Why and how come Pelosi did not say the same thing you just did? Objectively, what was different?

No sitting President is responsible for gasoline prices. Gasoline prices are controlled by rich people.

It's always fascinated my how you can be so intelligent and so fucking stupid within the same sentence.

It was almost $5 a gallon until the economy crashed under Bush

Another democrat dupe.
Gas peaked at $4.14 and then dropped immediately upon Bush's reversal of an exec order drilling ban put in place by his old man in 1991 and renewed by Clinton in 1999. After that reversal the price dropped $.40/gallon in July and August at the peak of demand. After congress agreed to allow the more comprehensive drilling ban to expire in September with a postponement of renewal until the following spring, the price dropped to the mid $1.30's in the middle of the country. That was a week before obama's inauguration.

And at the height of the recession. You guys must think the entire country is as stupid as you. Everybody knows why the price of gas suddenly dropped.

It was almost $5 a gallon until the economy crashed under Bush

Another democrat dupe.
Gas peaked at $4.14 and then dropped immediately upon Bush's reversal of an exec order drilling ban put in place by his old man in 1991 and renewed by Clinton in 1999. After that reversal the price dropped $.40/gallon in July and August at the peak of demand. After congress agreed to allow the more comprehensive drilling ban to expire in September with a postponement of renewal until the following spring, the price dropped to the mid $1.30's in the middle of the country. That was a week before obama's inauguration.

And at the height of the recession. You guys must think the entire country is as stupid as you. Everybody knows why the price of gas suddenly dropped.
Hey stupid, we're in a recession now.

Another democrat dupe.

Hey stupid, we're in a recession now.

I give credit to your failed voting record for my record income in 2013.

Forum List

Back