4 day vs 5 day school week.

If they're working less hours they should get a pay cut like anyone else.
I've worked four day weeks but had to put in 10 hours a day to hit 40.
As far as keeping teachers from leaving goes? Oh well,they knew what they were getting into when they became teachers.
They already have the summer off what more do they want?

There is already a blistering teacher shortage. So what are you gonna do, make teachers grow on trees?

Hello?

I think it is worth a try, but I don't expect it to be a good way to improve education. Right now, in my school, the kids attend 7.5 hours for five days, which is 37.5 hours per week. Divide that same time by four and it's nine hours and twenty-two minutes.

I can tell you, most kids are exhausted by last period as it is. At least exhausted of learning, they still have to be yelled at to stop running in the halls on the way out. I try to schedule my special kids for their core classes in the morning, while they're fresh. so they can burn off energy at PE, and relax in Art or whatever.

I think teachers would be exhausted also, with such long days. Exhausted to the point that they would stop functioning well as teachers. Before I taught, my assumption was that a teachers work was how I remembered my teachers: take roll, give a brief lesson, and sit at their desk while the kids worked on worksheets, looking up answers, or doing math problems. It ain't like that at all. Not complaining, I love my job, but at the end of the day, I'm spent.

Still, let them try it and see. We need to think outside the box, if we don't want Asian kids to keep kicking our asses in international testing.

Teaching is exhausting.

People have no idea. But they're beginning to find out through the shortage. *shrug*

There is already a blistering teacher shortage. So what are you gonna do, make teachers grow on trees?

Hello?

Is it related to teachers who dont want to come back to work in the classroom after they've enjoyed working from home?
If thats the case we need new teachers.

Is it related to teachers who dont want to come back to work in the classroom after they've enjoyed working from home?
If thats the case we need new teachers.

Well, this teacher is trying to mentally and emotionally overcome the encounter of family members at school this past week. It involved a child getting into his own feces and smearing it around and flinging it around said family members. At school.

This is what we're talking about. And you want to harp on teachers. Go ahead. Sure.

With modern technology, our past habits have often become absurd. Shipping kids to a few central locations for basic instruction at limited times of the year is "medieval".

The Independence Miss school district also recently voted on this citing reasons of not being able to recruit and retain teachers.

It's a hot disaster out there

With modern technology, our past habits have often become absurd. Shipping kids to a few central locations for basic instruction at limited times of the year is "medieval".
Let me guess! You are one of those who believes in on-line instruction? Didn't COVID teach you that does NOT work?

That's all we need, dumber kids. What we have here is a case where the teachers' well-being today means more than the future well-being of our kids. It is a sad thing to see, but too many times this country shows more concern for ourselves right now than we do for future generations.
This is to save diesel fuel when you get right down to it.

If they're working less hours they should get a pay cut like anyone else.
I've worked four day weeks but had to put in 10 hours a day to hit 40.
As far as keeping teachers from leaving goes? Oh well,they knew what they were getting into when they became teachers.
They already have the summer off what more do they want?
Dumbest quote of year qualifier

Yep...we've all seen the videos of college students who dont know how many stars are on our flag or what they represent.
Saw one where the guy asks this college bimbo what ocean lies off our east coast....she had no idea.
And then there was a chick who didnt know where the US capital was.
This is all grade school shit and it makes you wonder how they got into college in the first place.

Have you ever heard of what I call capacitive memory? Some kids can learn a subject like it wa the back of their hand and when they take a test, ll of that knowledge goes right out of their mind, jst like a cpacitor that builds a charge and then ZAP! It is discharged in a matter of a few seconds, and there is nothing left.

I had students that could ace an exam, and then when tested few weeks later, would fil an exam as though they had no idea what the material was that we had covered.

That sounds like some of the students I had. Their attention span and memory is so short, they do not realize the importance of such information ad treat it as trivia.

Forum List

Back