48%: The Democratic Party needs to face an ugly reality

What do you think lying about Biden and the Democrats accomplishes, other than putting Trump cultists at risk of eternal damnation?

If you want to be judged, just run to your nearest Democrat

It VERY judgemental of YOU to say that. In fact, YOU in particularly have been very judgy about Democrats, and the whole right wing posting platoon here calls Democrats "evil". Even though I have never been anything but a capitalist all of my life, and have never held a job which required me to join a union, you consistently refer to me as "Mrs. Mao", even though I have never expressed a positive opinion on communism in general or the Chinese form of communism - even more brutal and repressive than even Stalin or Hitler, in particular.

Once again, YOU accuse others of doing the very thing that you're doing, and claiming that you need to do so because Democrats do it.

This is all such bullshit. There is no "middle" in American politics. There is a white nationalist party which is busy enriching billionaires, and is allowing a vicious disease to run free throughout the country because it's makiing their donors so much richer, and another party.
If that's true, how could Trump come anywhere near 40%? What does that tell us?

30% of voters voted for Herbert Hoover against Roosevelt. 30% of voters are so tribal and so uninformed that they'd vote for the Devil himself if he had an "R" beside his name. The religious right being a case in point.
You only prove that you're a gullible fool if you believe Roosevelt was better than Hoover.

This is all such bullshit. There is no "middle" in American politics. There is a white nationalist party which is busy enriching billionaires, and is allowing a vicious disease to run free throughout the country because it's makiing their donors so much richer, and another party.

30% of voters voted for Herbert Hoover against Roosevelt. 30% of voters are so tribal and so uninformed that they'd vote for the Devil himself if he had an "R" beside his name. The religious right being a case in point.
So you don't see anything the Democrats are doing that might make this worse?

30% of voters voted for Herbert Hoover against Roosevelt. 30% of voters are so tribal and so uninformed that they'd vote for the Devil himself if he had an "D" beside his name and/or SKIN COLOR. The blacks/left being a case in point.
..the whites are more fair
and here's the PROOF:
View attachment 388592

Why would any sane, sensible minority person vote Republican, especially under this President? I can understand being a conservative, to a point, but Republicans aren't conservatives in any real policy sense of the word. Wash, rinse and repeat, swapping out "minority person" for "woman of any color".

Now that Trump has openly declared his callous disregard for the lives of the elderly, he's losing the elderly vote - one of his core base voting groups. People take it personally when asked to sacrifice their lives for the economy. Especially the draft era generations who fought for the country.

There are many people who believe the bullshit that Trump spouts because he lies quite convincingly, and he never backs down on his lies, even when caught. And there are many who are politically apathetic. But not enough to turn out and keep this asshole in office.

This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

This should be a learning experience, but I'm doubtful.

43% approval is not enough to win unless your opponent is equally unpopular as happened in 2016. Biden is nowhere near as unpopular as Clinton was. Despite this, Trump narrowly won Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. In several states that Clinton won, she got fewer votes than Romney did in losing those states in 2012.

Elections are about contrasts. Cultural issues will not work. Not when we have a pandemic where the incumbent has failed to lead. Or race issues in which the incumbent makes worse.

Biden is center left which means he is closer to the middle than Trump is. Trump is the far right wing extremist.

Biden is the center, directly between Mao and Stalin

You only prove that you're a gullible fool if you believe Roosevelt was better than Hoover.

Where did I say that Hoover was better or worse than Roosevelt? Hoover's policies and corruption were the cause of the Great Depression. Just as Reagan, Bush 43, and Trump's policies all lead to stock market and economic crashes.

I say this because you've indicated strong support for all 4 of these fiscal and economic incompetents. You're like an economic masochist here. Yes, yes, I want to be broke and unemployed. Please put my life and way of living in jeopardy!! I live to be economically deprived!

You certainly aren't voting for these people because their policies are successful and lead to you getting rich.

This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

A guess, finally something other than lies. Just as stupid of course.

Where did I say that Hoover was better or worse than Roosevelt? Hoover's policies and corruption were the cause of the Great Depression. Just as Reagan, Bush 43, and Trump's policies all lead to stock market and economic crashes.

I say this because you've indicated strong support for all 4 of these fiscal and economic incompetents. You're like an economic masochist here. Yes, yes, I want to be broke and unemployed. Please put my life and way of living in jeopardy!! I live to be economically deprived!

You certainly aren't voting for these people because their policies are successful and lead to you getting rich.
Hmmmm, no, that's wrong, of course. The federal reserve caused the stock market bubble by inflating the supply of credit. Hoover made the problem worse with his tariffs, wage controls and other government intervention, which FDR continued and expanded.

I wo0n't even bother addressing the rest of your idiocies.

You speak as though your opinions of Trump are accepted truth.

Your opinions are misguided. Most people see through the Dem party bullshit and will make that clear in November.

Your opinions are misguided. Most people see through the Dem party bullshit and will make that clear in November.
They are my opinions only. Just as yours are yours.

That's how all TDS morons speak.

You literally were just celebrating Arizona going blue and McSally losing. That has nothing to do with Trump.

It's hilarious how you think your ridiculous claim you're a Republican means anything other than to laugh at you for the absurdity of it
That shows that Trump is weakening the GOP in AZ, and that someone like you would think to opine on true Republicanism is a classic example of 'no true Scotsman.' The Dem party in not afraid of your pretend 48.

Most voters see through the GOP '48' nonsense and will that clear in November.

You literally were just celebrating Arizona going blue and McSally losing. That has nothing to do with Trump.

It's hilarious how you think your ridiculous claim you're a Republican means anything other than to laugh at you for the absurdity of it
That shows that Trump is weakening the GOP in AZ, and that someone like you would think to opine on true Republicanism is a classic example of 'no true Scotsman.' The Dem party in not afraid of your pretend 48.

That doesn't make any sense. You're just babbling.

Fakie Jakie: So, kaz, real Republicans don't root for Democrats and cheer when States go blue? That's a True Scotsman fallacy!

No it's not, ass hat. It's what being a Republican means

That doesn't make any sense. You're just babbling. Fakie Jakie: So, kaz, real Republicans don't root for Democrats and cheer when States go blue? That's a True Scotsman fallacy! No it's not, ass hat. It's what being a Republican means
Of course it makes sense. You have lost the discusion on the 48 and the Dem Party as well as a true scotsman. You are no Republican. No person committed to the GOP would ever support Trump. Real Republicans like Army, Will, Kasich, and Romney trod him under.

Listen........................You will put that solar panel on your house or I'll order you to tear that house down.

The Nazis had solar panels?

You're just running away from your big lie with all your fellow cult cowards. I asked about how Nazis were leftists. I did not ask for you to deflect from your big lie by making up weepy stories about liberals.
Raise your FIST..........AND CHANT WITH ME OR I'll KILL YOU...........

Let me see....it's your side doing this.........not ours............so shove your BS up your ass.

Of course Nazis are leftists. NAZI stands for the socialist party, brainiac.

And Nazis had a centrally managed economy, which is socialism.

There was nothing "right" about Nazis at all, they are all yours

Actually, the Nazis stopped being "socialist" after the Night of the Long Knives, when Hitler expunged socialist leaning members like Roehm and Strasser and fully embraced the German Military Industrial Complex. All the big companies were fine with Hitler, such as Seimens, Krupp, Daimler, etc. Companies that still exist today.

Trump is the first president that hasn't started a war since carter. Neocons such as yourself are angry. We get it.

I’ve been talking to a lot of Republicans about this and I actually hear a lot of them say that they really don’t like the man Trump is or how he acts, but they dislike the Dems even more as they don’t believe in many of their extreme policy objectives. So they are voting for Trump because of the common enemy not because they support all he does and says.

I think you’re right about the way the wings play into this. If the Dems go hard on the progressive causes... anti-gun, PC, cancel culture, raising taxes, regulating energy etc they are going to isolate many swing voters and push them into Trumps camp.
The problem is, if Trump wins again, the Dems STILL won't look in the mirror.

This is madness.

Don't feel bad because neither will the Republicans. After Trump is gone, it's back to professional politicians with unkept promises if elected.

Kaz, ponder. The Dems have prevented Trump from reaching the numbers he needs, the 48. You know it.

Go to your bosom; Knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know.

— MEASURE FOR MEASURE, ACT 2 SCENE 2

Forum List

Back