48%: The Democratic Party needs to face an ugly reality

You are funny!

Trump's tax cuts helped billionaires pay less than the working ...
www.theguardian.com › business › oct › trump-tax-cuts-helped-billio...

Oct 9, 2019 - Economists calculate richest 400 families in US paid an average tax rate of 23% while the bottom half of households paid a rate of 24.2%

Economists calculate richest 400 families in US paid an average tax rate of 23% while the bottom half of households paid a rate of 24.2%

I love that fake claim.

Maybe you ought to take back your claim that this is fake.

Watch CBSN Live

America's richest 400 families now pay a lower tax rate than the middle class
BY AIMEE PICCHI
UPDATED ON: OCTOBER 17, 2019 / 4:43 PM / MONEYWATCH
  • The 400 richest U.S. families now pay a lower overall tax rate than the middle-class, the first time that's happened in 100 years, according to economists Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman.
  • Factoring in federal, state and local taxes, those ultra-wealthy households pay a total rate of about 23% — that compares with just over 24% for the bottom half of households.
  • The U.S. now "looks like the tax system of a plutocracy," Saez and Zucman say.

And yet the top 1% pay over 40% of all federal income taxes and the middle class pay only a few percent.

Funny how you people keep putting up these claims without being able to show how it was calculated

Funny how you post this same claim and omit billion dollar corporations who don't pay any federal income tax, and the 1%ers paid less when the Tax Fraud passed by a lame duck GOP Congress eliminated permanently the top two tax brackets. Oh, and along the way removed full deductions for taxes paid on the state and local level, while expanding the standard deduction, the latter will sunset in 2027.

Oh, and along the way removed full deductions for taxes paid on the state and local level,

Trump, sticking it to the rich. Awful!!!

Incredible. While attacking the rich, Rye whines that the rich can't write off their State and local taxes anymore. LOL. These people vomit talking points and don't think them through.

Then if Democrats could think things through, they wouldn't be Democrats

There's all sorts of insider trading going on in congress....It transcends party affiliation....Stopped being shocking back in the 1990s.

"Oddball justifies his side's criminal behavior by lying about how everyone does it. Film at 11."

That's a common way in which conservatives justify their immoral behavior. They make up a story that the liberals are doing it too, which forced them to be criminals as well.

Needless to say, liberals don't do the "Waaa! The other side made me do the crime!" thing. It's part of being an adult and taking responsibility, so the conservatives here won't be able to understand.

Another meltdown? This afternoon isn't going well for you, is it drama queen?
Why are you trolling? No one is melting down, and the Dems are ecstatic they are slowly pulling away from the Pubs and Trump.

Dems are pulling away? What color is the sky in your world?

And try not to cry, Jake. Steady nerves there
I know it is hard for you, but there it is: the Dems are pulling away.

It is good to see that McSally will lose in Arizona, which appears to be going blue. Tuberville in AL will balance with defeating Jones.

It's going to be a very good election for the Dems.

So you finally stopped pretending you're a Republican, huh?

Yes, you got it in the bank, Fakie Jakie. You can relax now, Trump is toast
I am Republican, unlike you. I am anti-Trump, unlike you. Tis what it is. The Trumpublicans are going to be shattered in this election.

This is all such bullshit. There is no "middle" in American politics. There is a white nationalist party which is busy enriching billionaires, and is allowing a vicious disease to run free throughout the country because it's makiing their donors so much richer, and another party.
If that's true, how could Trump come anywhere near 40%? What does that tell us?

Well, when I point out the role the PC/Identity Politics zealots played in getting Trump elected -- it was clear that the anger and frustration was growing on the Right about this -- they just dismiss it out of hand. That's just straight up denial
You too huh?

so now conservatives are demanding politically correct Conversations?

lol

You are funny!

Oct 9, 2019 - Economists calculate richest 400 families in US paid an average tax rate of 23% while the bottom half of households paid a rate of 24.2%

Economists calculate richest 400 families in US paid an average tax rate of 23% while the bottom half of households paid a rate of 24.2%

I love that fake claim.

Watch CBSN Live

BY AIMEE PICCHI
  • The 400 richest U.S. families now pay a lower overall tax rate than the middle-class, the first time that's happened in 100 years, according to economists Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman.
  • Factoring in federal, state and local taxes, those ultra-wealthy households pay a total rate of about 23% — that compares with just over 24% for the bottom half of households.
  • The U.S. now "looks like the tax system of a plutocracy," Saez and Zucman say.

And yet the top 1% pay over 40% of all federal income taxes and the middle class pay only a few percent.

Funny how you people keep putting up these claims without being able to show how it was calculated

Funny how you post this same claim and omit billion dollar corporations who don't pay any federal income tax, and the 1%ers paid less when the Tax Fraud passed by a lame duck GOP Congress eliminated permanently the top two tax brackets. Oh, and along the way removed full deductions for taxes paid on the state and local level, while expanding the standard deduction, the latter will sunset in 2027.

Corporations don't pay taxes, Karl, they collect them.

Funny how you realize iron is a cost, but you don't realize that taxes are a cost they just charge to customers
And since rich customers buy far more they will be charged far more. Hmmm.

There's all sorts of insider trading going on in congress....It transcends party affiliation....Stopped being shocking back in the 1990s.

"Oddball justifies his side's criminal behavior by lying about how everyone does it. Film at 11."

That's a common way in which conservatives justify their immoral behavior. They make up a story that the liberals are doing it too, which forced them to be criminals as well.

Needless to say, liberals don't do the "Waaa! The other side made me do the crime!" thing. It's part of being an adult and taking responsibility, so the conservatives here won't be able to understand.

Another meltdown? This afternoon isn't going well for you, is it drama queen?
Why are you trolling? No one is melting down, and the Dems are ecstatic they are slowly pulling away from the Pubs and Trump.

Dems are pulling away? What color is the sky in your world?

And try not to cry, Jake. Steady nerves there
I know it is hard for you, but there it is: the Dems are pulling away.

It is good to see that McSally will lose in Arizona, which appears to be going blue. Tuberville in AL will balance with defeating Jones.

It's going to be a very good election for the Dems.

So you finally stopped pretending you're a Republican, huh?

Yes, you got it in the bank, Fakie Jakie. You can relax now, Trump is toast
I am Republican, unlike you. I am anti-Trump, unlike you. Tis what it is. The Trumpublicans are going to be shattered in this election.

You literally were just celebrating Arizona going blue and McSally losing. That has nothing to do with Trump.

It's hilarious how you think your ridiculous claim you're a Republican means anything other than to laugh at you for the absurdity of it

This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

This should be a learning experience, but I'm doubtful.
Yeah. This has been my main complaint for the last six months. It's seems like, if they really wanted to, the Democrats could erect a "tent" big enough to bury Trump. So why don't they?

Maybe I'm underestimating the challenge. To some extent, any movement to the "center", will cost them support from progressives. But on a one for one basis, that's a worthwhile trade. Progressives, even if they don't vote Biden, won't vote for Trump. Independents might.

But it's not all about left-right. There are cross cutting issues which might move independents and reluctant Trump voters their way, without costing them progressive votes. Abandoning the drug war, or at least dialing back on it, is something that would pull libertarian leaning voters their way. And what's wrong with simply admitting to past mistakes and correcting them? It might be a symbolic gesture at this point, but repealing the individual mandate, and acknowledging the basic wrongness of forcing people to buy insurance, would definitely get my attention.

But that's the problem. I don't think they really learned anything from 2016. They're selling us the same thing, hoping that the disaster of Trump's first term, and the entrenched Lo2e stupidity, will carry the day. They're doubling down on big government we-know-better-ism and interest group corporatism, with seemingly no awareness of how feed up people are with that shit.

Ultimately, I think they're just willing to stay the course and roll the dice. This is one of the biggest problems with the two-party death spiral. They have little interest in real consensus. They push their agenda as hard as they can, shooting for a slim majority rather than broad support.
Well, when I point out the role the PC/Identity Politics zealots played in getting Trump elected -- it was clear that the anger and frustration was growing on the Right about this -- they just dismiss it out of hand. That's just straight up denial.

It may be something as simple as wanting to keep their base happy, I don't know. But Trumpism -- and this ain't conservatism -- is so completely off the rails that there is simply no excuse for this.

OMG, Trump supporters aren't off the rails for Biden like you are. It's just wrong, I say, wrong

This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

I’ve been talking to a lot of Republicans about this and I actually hear a lot of them say that they really don’t like the man Trump is or how he acts, but they dislike the Dems even more as they don’t believe in many of their extreme policy objectives. So they are voting for Trump because of the common enemy not because they support all he does and says.

I think you’re right about the way the wings play into this. If the Dems go hard on the progressive causes... anti-gun, PC, cancel culture, raising taxes, regulating energy etc they are going to isolate many swing voters and push them into Trumps camp.
The problem is, if Trump wins again, the Dems STILL won't look in the mirror.

This is madness.

You are funny!

I love that fake claim.

Watch CBSN Live

BY AIMEE PICCHI

Corporations don't pay taxes, Karl, they collect them.

Funny how you realize iron is a cost, but you don't realize that taxes are a cost they just charge to customers
And since rich customers buy far more they will be charged far more. Hmmm.

Actually it's a regressive tax. While the rich pay more, they spend a lower portion of their income on the products they buy as they save and invest more.

The poor pay a higher percentage of their income on products and services, so they pay a higher percentage of their income in corporate taxes.

Business and finance, two more things you know nothing about.

BTW, skippy, virtually all taxes are regressive and for the same reason. The taxes are baked into prices and the poorer you are the higher percentage of your income you spend on products and services

I’ve been talking to a lot of Republicans about this and I actually hear a lot of them say that they really don’t like the man Trump is or how he acts, but they dislike the Dems even more as they don’t believe in many of their extreme policy objectives. So they are voting for Trump because of the common enemy not because they support all he does and says.

I think you’re right about the way the wings play into this. If the Dems go hard on the progressive causes... anti-gun, PC, cancel culture, raising taxes, regulating energy etc they are going to isolate many swing voters and push them into Trumps camp.
The problem is, if Trump wins again, the Dems STILL won't look in the mirror.

This is madness.

I agree with you on that. There is no self reflection (pun intended) after Hillary lost

Here's what you're voting for if you vote for Biden:

bp1.jpg
Currently, yes. What a shame that the alternative is Trumpism.

Well, when I point out the role the PC/Identity Politics zealots played in getting Trump elected -- it was clear that the anger and frustration was growing on the Right about this -- they just dismiss it out of hand. That's just straight up denial
You too huh?

so now conservatives are demanding politically correct Conversations?

lol
:confused-84:

Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to
Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons to vote for Mr Trump

Noted that you didn't list any.
If there's plenty, I'm sure you have a moment or two to share them on this board.
hahahhahahhahahahah--you fked up!!!!!
jesus christ!! are you that dense???!!!
1. I'm satirizing Mac's babble crap
a= proving it's babbling crap opinion
2.'''' Without going into the laundry list'''''!!!
you do understand what the word ''without'' means????!!

43% approval is not enough to win unless your opponent is equally unpopular as happened in 2016. Biden is nowhere near as unpopular as Clinton was. Despite this, Trump narrowly won Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. In several states that Clinton won, she got fewer votes than Romney did in losing those states in 2012.

Elections are about contrasts. Cultural issues will not work. Not when we have a pandemic where the incumbent has failed to lead. Or race issues in which the incumbent makes worse.

Biden is center left which means he is closer to the middle than Trump is. Trump is the far right wing extremist.
Mr Trump is not far right extremist

This is all such bullshit. There is no "middle" in American politics. There is a white nationalist party which is busy enriching billionaires, and is allowing a vicious disease to run free throughout the country because it's makiing their donors so much richer, and another party.
If that's true, how could Trump come anywhere near 40%? What does that tell us?

30% of voters voted for Herbert Hoover against Roosevelt. 30% of voters are so tribal and so uninformed that they'd vote for the Devil himself if he had an "R" beside his name. The religious right being a case in point.

30% of voters voted for Herbert Hoover against Roosevelt. 30% of voters are so tribal and so uninformed that they'd vote for the Devil himself if he had an "R" beside his name. The religious right being a case in point.
30% of voters voted for Herbert Hoover against Roosevelt. 30% of voters are so tribal and so uninformed that they'd vote for the Devil himself if he had an "D" beside his name and/or SKIN COLOR. The blacks/left being a case in point.
..the whites are more fair
and here's the PROOF:
1600105422712.png

Here's what you're voting for if you vote for Biden:

bp1.jpg
Currently, yes. What a shame that the alternative is Trumpism.
It's a shame only if you object to peace, prosperity and controlling the border.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back