6 Black Churches burned

Doesn't burning black churces because you are upset over the loss of the confederate flag say a lot about the true meaning of that flag?

It has always been a flag of hate and burning churches proves that

you are speculating on the motive of the arsonists.

To protest the flying of the Confederate flag, blacks peacefully demonstrated, petitioned their representatives and engaged the media

To protest the flag coming down, flag lovers burned black churches

Speaks volumes about the true meaning of that flag

lol!!!

"since 9-11?"

games libs play with stats.

sure, why would you talk about 9-11 when discussing jihadists murder counts?

lol!

I remember when RWer's used to say Bush kept us safe since 9-11. lol

if you are counting jihadist murders, leaving 9-11 out of the count is obviously dishonest.

if you are judging gwbush's security policies put into place AFTER 9-11 including the deaths of 9-11 is obviously misleading.

Those security policies made us less safe, but thanks to Obama we've had no 9-11's on his watch, even though that was the NeoClown prediction. Can you say "thank you, Obama?" :p

so your dropping your comparison between bush 9-11 policies and tyrone's link on jihadist murders since 9-11?

I say we leave the Bush years out of it completely, and just go with "since Obama."

Growing hate groups blame Obama economy - CNN.com

The State of Hate White Supremacist Groups Growing - Confronting the New Faces of Hate

The Year in Hate and Extremism Southern Poverty Law Center

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/us/number-of-us-hate-groups-on-the-rise-report-says.html?_r=0

i'm not the one that brought up bush, you are.

Doesn't burning black churces because you are upset over the loss of the confederate flag say a lot about the true meaning of that flag?

No, they'll just tell you that burning black churches after the flag went down was a total coincidence OR they can go for burning black churches is about Heritage and Pride.

You are correct

Burning black churches and murdering innocent black churchmembers is part of their heritage

That is what they are fighting to preserve

To protest the flying of the Confederate flag, blacks peacefully demonstrated, petitioned their representatives and engaged the media

posting a few white race baiters does not mean that certain blacks are not also race baiters.

you do realize that, right?

In Republican circles race baiting is called "wedge issues"...I am giving you a wedgie...

that wasn't an answer.

posting a few white race baiters does not mean that certain blacks are not also race baiters.

you do realize that, right?

So far the strategy has been to attack, insult and berate the racists at every opportunity. And to accuse anyone who dares to say anything within ten miles of what could be construed as racist as being a racist, in an apparent attempt to intimidate them.

Concrete examples asked for.

Controversies about the word niggardly - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"On January 15, 1999, David Howard, an aide to Anthony A. Williams, the mayor of Washington, D.C., used "niggardly" in reference to a budget.[3] This apparently upset one of his black colleagues (Howard is white), identified by Howard as Marshall Brown, who misinterpreted it as a racial slur and lodged a complaint. As a result, on January 25 Howard tendered his resignation, and Williams accepted it.[4] However, after public pressure from LGBT individuals, an internal review into the matter was brought about, and the mayor offered Howard the chance to return to his position as Office of the Public Advocate on February 4. Howard refused but accepted another position with the mayor instead, insisting that he did not feel victimized by the incident. On the contrary, Howard felt that he had learned from the situation. "I used to think it would be great if we could all be colorblind; that's naïve, especially for a white person, because a white person can't afford to be colorblind. They don't have to think about race every day. An African American does.""

guy lost his job for using the word niggardly.

And you're unhappy because...???

ravi asked for a example, i gave him one.

do you agree that people that use the word niggardly should be fired?

LOL!

The arsonists are the same as they have always been

Cowards who are upset that their lily white south is a thing of the past. They have used your beloved flag to represent your southern heritage

Why aren't you outraged at that?

So far the strategy has been to attack, insult and berate the racists at every opportunity. And to accuse anyone who dares to say anything within ten miles of what could be construed as racist as being a racist, in an apparent attempt to intimidate them.

"On January 15, 1999, David Howard, an aide to Anthony A. Williams, the mayor of Washington, D.C., used "niggardly" in reference to a budget.[3] This apparently upset one of his black colleagues (Howard is white), identified by Howard as Marshall Brown, who misinterpreted it as a racial slur and lodged a complaint. As a result, on January 25 Howard tendered his resignation, and Williams accepted it.[4] However, after public pressure from LGBT individuals, an internal review into the matter was brought about, and the mayor offered Howard the chance to return to his position as Office of the Public Advocate on February 4. Howard refused but accepted another position with the mayor instead, insisting that he did not feel victimized by the incident. On the contrary, Howard felt that he had learned from the situation. "I used to think it would be great if we could all be colorblind; that's naïve, especially for a white person, because a white person can't afford to be colorblind. They don't have to think about race every day. An African American does.""

Okay, there is one. Though the guy got rehired after it was realized how retarded the entire episode was.

See what I'm saying. Cornell is confused as to why ONLY black churches, SIX of them, were burned. This is they type of brain trust (which is really denial) we're dealing with

Cowards who are upset that their lily white south is a thing of the past. They have used your beloved flag to represent your southern heritage

same as they have always been?

link?

So you really can't think of an example. I believe it's possible, I believe you really can't.

I know this won't be good enough, but it is just one of many, many examples. I'm not going to chase 'em down for a person who won't admit they exist:

Rep. Bennie Thompson defends calling Clarence Thomas an Uncle Tom - CBS News

“That Mitch McConnell would have the audacity to tell the president of the United States — not the chief executive, but the commander-in-chief — that ‘I don’t care what you come up with we’re going to be against it.’ Now if that’s not a racist statement I don’t know what is.”

And nice little bit of "Thomas is an Uncle Tom" for good measure.

There's two. Though I'm not seeing how that was an attempt to intimidate McConnell.

:rofl: You lost all credibility with this comment

Okay, there is one. Though the guy got rehired after it was realized how retarded the entire episode was.

no, the guy was rehired after the gay community mobilized.

if you review the link, there are other examples.

and this is just a very clear cut small slice of the problem.

after all, how many people really use the word niggardly in normal conversation?

but it validates mac claim quite nicely.

are you prepared to deal with the implications?

So you really can't think of an example. I believe it's possible, I believe you really can't.

I know this won't be good enough, but it is just one of many, many examples. I'm not going to chase 'em down for a person who won't admit they exist:

“That Mitch McConnell would have the audacity to tell the president of the United States — not the chief executive, but the commander-in-chief — that ‘I don’t care what you come up with we’re going to be against it.’ Now if that’s not a racist statement I don’t know what is.”

There's two. Though I'm not seeing how that was an attempt to intimidate McConnell.
If you had an ounce of intellectual curiosity, half an ounce, you would look it up and find all the examples you could handle, and more.

"Google" works.

But I know that's not going to happen.

I'd rather bring people together, I'd rather heal wounds, you keep doing what you're doing.

same as they have always been?

link?

This is the "Southern Heritage" your flag represents

SixteenthStBaptistBomb05.jpg

no, the guy was rehired after the gay community mobilized.

if you review the link, there are other examples.

and this is just a very clear cut small slice of the problem.

after all, how many people really use the word niggardly in normal conversation?

but it validates mac claim quite nicely.

are you prepared to deal with the implications?
One example does not a trend make.

If you had an ounce of intellectual curiosity, half an ounce, you would look it up and find all the examples you could handle, and more.

"Google" works.

But I know that's not going to happen.

I'd rather bring people together, I'd rather heal wounds, you keep doing what you're doing.

Of course, how did I miss that your efforts at USMB are to bring people together?

Forum List

Back