Zone1 69 Black Boys Padlocked In Their School Dormitory Then Set On Fire

It was a correctional facility, which is why the doors were locked, and the fire was started by faulty building wiring. The attempt to claim they were locked in by Evul Rayciss N Then Set On Fire is a load of bullshit, as usual. Old building, wood burning stoves, crappy wiring.
Let's have a look see, shall we...?

"
On March 5, 1959, twenty-one African American boys burned to death inside a dormitory at an Arkansas reform school in Wrightsville (Pulaski County). The doors were locked from the outside. The fire mysteriously ignited around 4:00 a.m. on a cold, wet morning, following earlier thunderstorms in the same area of rural Pulaski County. The institution was one mile down a dirt road from the mostly Black town of Wrightsville, then an unincorporated hamlet thirteen miles south of Little Rock (Pulaski County). Forty-eight children, ages thirteen to seventeen, managed to claw their way to safety by knocking out two of the window screens. Amidst the choking, blinding smoke and heat, four or five boys at a time tried to fight their way forward through the narrow openings as the fire began to devour them. Survivors never forgot the horror of that fire. The wife of one of the survivors later said, in an interview before her husband’s death from cancer, that he had continued to dream about the fire.

The event brought attention to this largely forgotten institution that was operating during the Jim Crow era in Arkansas. Founded in 1923, the Arkansas Negro Boys Industrial School (NBIS) was, for most of its existence, a juvenile work farm located first outside Pine Bluff (Jefferson County) and then, in the mid-1930s, outside of Wrightsville.

The institution became “Exhibit A” for the disparities that prevailed in Arkansas during segregation. Throughout the history of segregation, government employees, historians, and sociologists documented differences in the philosophy and physical structures of the white and Black institutions in the state. For example, the 1940 biennial report to the governor notes the following vocational trades taught at a white boys’ school: “carpentry and joining, cabinet work, glazing, painting cement work, brick laying, wood and metal lathe operation, blacksmithing, acetylene welding, plastering, tailoring and shoe mending.” NBIS is mentioned only once—as the recipient of 156 mattresses made by the white boys’ trade school. By the time of the fire, the differences had only marginally narrowed.

A 1956 report by sociologist Gordon Morgan documented the horrific conditions at Wrightsville. It was not merely that “vocational education suffers greatly at the school.” The squalor was mind boggling: “Many boys go for days with only rags for clothes. More than half of them wear neither socks nor underwear during [the winter] of 1955–56….[It is] not uncommon to see youths going for weeks without bathing or changing clothes.” At times, the number of boys at the “school” was over 100. There was no laundry equipment. A single thirty-gallon hot water tank served the bathing needs of the entire population. The water was deemed undrinkable. Employees brought their own drinking water to work.
"

When, does anyone think, that the hatred to cause this sort of disparity and abuse to change? How long does it take for a community to change their hearts after treating human beings like this?

So why did you feel the need to LIE about this event Dudley? Why?!?

This happened yesterday in 1959, a time many like to suggest was when America was "great."

Were these Democrats or Republicans who set this poor hardworking kids trying to get an education on fire? Who cares?

Racist white people did it and nothing was really ever done about it.

This is this country's history, and we have to come to grips w/that.

I have come to grips long ago about the terrible mistreatment of people and not just black people but poor people too. America illegally treats American born blacks as slaves who were at birth citizens of America but was denied the inherent rights accorded to them.

It was the REPUBLICANS from 1866-1870 gave full amended constitutional rights to freedom, voting (which should have been automatic at birth) and abolishing slavery, the Democrats opposed it bitterly then formed the ugly KKK to terrorize American citizens.

However, hanging onto the distant past for one group of people who were horribly mistreated and murdered decades ago isn't going help you today better to advance friendship towards each other no matter what skin color or economic status is in the present time.

Initially I was SHOCKED AND HORRIFIED at what DemoKKKrats did to those poor kids; then I just did a little reading and found out it was a REFORM school and the cause may well have been an electrical fire.

Still tragic but unfortunately I can't even blame DemoKKKrats for it. DAMN THAT!!!

BTW: your OP is a lie!!!

Greg

If you can point out any current Democrats that participated, supported, or even excuse something like that I promise I won't vote for them.
Liar; you'd vote for them regardless!!!

It should be called out in "Racistr DemoKKKrat Year".......held annually..

Greg

It's easier for you to pretend those things didn't happen, or at least pretend that those things happening don't have a bearing on today.
Im not pretending about anything not happening, retard.
You obviously have no idea what we were talking about. For gawd sakes, learn to forum.

If you can point out any current Democrats that participated, supported, or even excuse something like that I promise I won't vote for them.
if you can point out any republicans that ever did it I would be shocked. What we have is democrats supported Slavery and went to war to continue it failing that the democrats created racist State Governments that created Jim Crow laws to keep the blacks down and even in 64 voted against the congressional bill to end it.

Initially I was SHOCKED AND HORRIFIED at what DemoKKKrats did to those poor kids; then I just did a little reading and found out it was a REFORM school and the cause may well have been an electrical fire.

Still tragic but unfortunately I can't even blame DemoKKKrats for it. DAMN THAT!!!

Greg
Post a link to your source.

Greg

lol I'm shocked! Some other USMB poster verifies stuff before posting! lol we can't let this go on! It will ruin the Gimp Shows!

This happened yesterday in 1959, a time many like to suggest was when America was "great."
You poor baby. What's next for your little stunt, a group of black kids who were left out of a sack race and denied their fair share of french fries in 1820? Funny how you only see with the BLACKS of your eyes. Never mind that was almost 65 years ago, that 800,000 white guys died in the civil war to free the slaves, or have been spending the past six decades making amends, much less all of the people and property killed or destroyed in riot after riot from LA to Ferguson to Baltimore ad infinitum. And certainly don't consider the fact that there are more black millionaires in this country than anywhere else, and that more blacks in this country live at a higher standard of living and have more opportunity having risen to hold high offices than any other country.

and nothing was really ever done about it.
Statute of limitations, punky.

This is this country's history
No, it was the actions of one crazy person a long, long time ago.

Let's have a look see, shall we...?

"
On March 5, 1959, twenty-one African American boys burned to death inside a dormitory at an Arkansas reform school in Wrightsville (Pulaski County). The doors were locked from the outside. The fire mysteriously ignited around 4:00 a.m. on a cold, wet morning, following earlier thunderstorms in the same area of rural Pulaski County. The institution was one mile down a dirt road from the mostly Black town of Wrightsville, then an unincorporated hamlet thirteen miles south of Little Rock (Pulaski County). Forty-eight children, ages thirteen to seventeen, managed to claw their way to safety by knocking out two of the window screens. Amidst the choking, blinding smoke and heat, four or five boys at a time tried to fight their way forward through the narrow openings as the fire began to devour them. Survivors never forgot the horror of that fire. The wife of one of the survivors later said, in an interview before her husband’s death from cancer, that he had continued to dream about the fire.

The event brought attention to this largely forgotten institution that was operating during the Jim Crow era in Arkansas. Founded in 1923, the Arkansas Negro Boys Industrial School (NBIS) was, for most of its existence, a juvenile work farm located first outside Pine Bluff (Jefferson County) and then, in the mid-1930s, outside of Wrightsville.

The institution became “Exhibit A” for the disparities that prevailed in Arkansas during segregation. Throughout the history of segregation, government employees, historians, and sociologists documented differences in the philosophy and physical structures of the white and Black institutions in the state. For example, the 1940 biennial report to the governor notes the following vocational trades taught at a white boys’ school: “carpentry and joining, cabinet work, glazing, painting cement work, brick laying, wood and metal lathe operation, blacksmithing, acetylene welding, plastering, tailoring and shoe mending.” NBIS is mentioned only once—as the recipient of 156 mattresses made by the white boys’ trade school. By the time of the fire, the differences had only marginally narrowed.

A 1956 report by sociologist Gordon Morgan documented the horrific conditions at Wrightsville. It was not merely that “vocational education suffers greatly at the school.” The squalor was mind boggling: “Many boys go for days with only rags for clothes. More than half of them wear neither socks nor underwear during [the winter] of 1955–56….[It is] not uncommon to see youths going for weeks without bathing or changing clothes.” At times, the number of boys at the “school” was over 100. There was no laundry equipment. A single thirty-gallon hot water tank served the bathing needs of the entire population. The water was deemed undrinkable. Employees brought their own drinking water to work.
"

When, does anyone think, that the hatred to cause this sort of disparity and abuse to change? How long does it take for a community to change their hearts after treating human beings like this?

So why did you feel the need to LIE about this event Dudley? Why?!?
OK; thank you for the opportunity to blame DEMOKKKRATS for it. We all know what Skkkum they are.

Greg

Were these Democrats or Republicans who set this poor hardworking kids trying to get an education on fire? Who cares?

Oh, wait right here and I'll go grab my checkbook and give you my share of those reparations!

How much was that amount? Now let me deduct all those lives that Darrell Brooks ended at the Waukesha Christmas parade, for a start.

Oh, wait. Let's talk about the eight lives Omar Thornton took in Manchester Connecticut on August 3, 2010.

That brings the total up to fourteen lives we can deduct from that "reparations" total.

And what was Justin Tyran Roberts' total?

And then there's Samuel Little, who confessed to at least 93 murders, but I haven't found an accurate tally of the races of his victims.

So, let's see. I think that's quite a few black people who killed a whole bunch of -- presumably -- white people.

I think your blood money is going to have to stay in my bank account for now.

Terrible things have happened throughout history.

Forum List

Back