A 5th GOP senator won't vote for the healthcare amendment

Don't care. Just let Ocare die. It's your disaster, own it.

Then why won't your pussy-ass pals in the GOP simply repeal it and let everything go back to where it was?
They, like dems, are more worried about their reelection than doing their jobs.

Next stupid question?

So you would advise them to repeal Obamacare, put everything back to 2009 or whenever, because that was better,

and then quit politics?
I outlined what I think they should do in my own thread just down the page.

I thought repealing Obamacare was wildly popular.
Popularity is irrelevant. This isn't highschool. They ran on repeal and were elected on that message 2 elections in a row. Do your fucking job, be a person of principle or GTFO

Then why won't your pussy-ass pals in the GOP simply repeal it and let everything go back to where it was?

Next stupid question?

So you would advise them to repeal Obamacare, put everything back to 2009 or whenever, because that was better,

and then quit politics?

Popularity is irrelevant. This isn't highschool. They ran on repeal and were elected on that message 2 elections in a row. Do your fucking job, be a person of principle or GTFO

Popularity is entirely relevant in a system where the People get to vote.

Next stupid question?

and then quit politics?

Popularity is entirely relevant in a system where the People get to vote.
Not after the election is over. At that point you do what you said you would do. Period.
Sticking your finger in the wind every couple months is a surefire way to the end of the republic.

The 'implosion' of Obamacare that people keep yapping about is only about the exchanges, which involve a tiny percentage of Americans.

Therefore the proper solution would be a narrow focused bill that fixes, improves, or replaces the exchange system with something better,
That is exactly what they tried to do, but how to fix something that is beyond repair?
Is taking away health care from millions of people a better idea? Or maybe raising premiums for the elderly, a better idea?

forget about raising the premiums for the elderly... those even deeper cuts to medicaid by the senate's bill will be devastating to the elderly. the vast majority of seniors living in nursing homes are paid by medicaid dollars. medicare doesn't pay for long term care.

Hey, shit for brains!

Learn the difference in Medicare and Medicaid. The elderly do not get Medicaid!
Yes, they do .. read something.

I should have said "normally". The only people eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid are the disabled, not anyone who just happens to elderly. There are quite a bit more in terms of requirements.

The blanket statement made in the post I quoted is incorrect.

Have a nice day!

How did the bill get to be an amendment? You almost gotta sympathize with democrats for focusing on the health care bill as they abandon the Russia connection fantasy while they lost every election since Trump was inaugurated.

The 'implosion' of Obamacare that people keep yapping about is only about the exchanges, which involve a tiny percentage of Americans.

Therefore the proper solution would be a narrow focused bill that fixes, improves, or replaces the exchange system with something better,
That is exactly what they tried to do, but how to fix something that is beyond repair?
Is taking away health care from millions of people a better idea? Or maybe raising premiums for the elderly, a better idea?

forget about raising the premiums for the elderly... those even deeper cuts to medicaid by the senate's bill will be devastating to the elderly. the vast majority of seniors living in nursing homes are paid by medicaid dollars. medicare doesn't pay for long term care.

Hey, shit for brains!

Although there is a difference quite a few elderly receive Medicaid and Medicaid pays their Part B premium. Not to mention there is a high percentage of the elderly receiving benefits from Medicaid in nursing homes.

Those receiving Medicaid in a nursing home basically have to have no sources of income. I just went through this with my mother.

Hoping a handful of Republicans do the right thing and vote with Democrats to kill this reprehensible legislation is a poor excuse for responsible governance.

Hey, shit for brains!

Although there is a difference quite a few elderly receive Medicaid and Medicaid pays their Part B premium. Not to mention there is a high percentage of the elderly receiving benefits from Medicaid in nursing homes.

Those receiving Medicaid in a nursing home basically have to have no sources of income. I just went through this with my mother.
So, your mother used Medicaid?

I am glad to see some republicans have some humanity and compassion. WTF is wrong with so many republicans these days? This doesn't fix our healthcare system, hell, it just makes it much worse and will end up killing a lot of people.

Think about having some humanity and compassion republicans. Please...Please do better with another healthcare bill.

Hey, shit for brains!

No. She had a tiny survivors pension from my father and savings which the assisted living centers and nursing homes took. Fortunately, she suffered that indignity only a short time.

Hey, shit for brains!

No. She had a tiny survivors pension from my father and savings which the assisted living centers and nursing homes took. Fortunately, she suffered that indignity only a short time.
She had Medicare, right?

Why are they dicking around with basically obiecare with a couple changes. Repeal the damn thing like you promised then hold votes on each new item you want. Pre-existing, sell across state lines, HSA's. just do it. It's not like the dems aren't going to claim your killing everyone no matter how much obiecare you keep.
All Republicans want is the tax cut

Dry up the funding then giggle when the rest of it starts to fail
What I want is a free market system where I can get the insurance I want instead of the over priced crap government decides I need.

You people sure get hung up on other people's money. How about you just manage your own.

uh-huh. that means cheap ass insurance that comes with the false impression that when you actually NEED it, you will be be quite surprised to find out that after taking your cash for said ' insurance', they will laugh you back to your own wallet to actually pay for whatever ails you & if you cannot afford it, then you get to go bankrupt like the good old days.

what a hoot 'eh?.
So you're incapable of picking a decent insurance plan for yourself. And based on that we all get to have state run insurance which will result in crap care.

That does sound like a hoot.

Why are they dicking around with basically obiecare with a couple changes. Repeal the damn thing like you promised then hold votes on each new item you want. Pre-existing, sell across state lines, HSA's. just do it. It's not like the dems aren't going to claim your killing everyone no matter how much obiecare you keep.

What I want is a free market system where I can get the insurance I want instead of the over priced crap government decides I need.

You people sure get hung up on other people's money. How about you just manage your own.

uh-huh. that means cheap ass insurance that comes with the false impression that when you actually NEED it, you will be be quite surprised to find out that after taking your cash for said ' insurance', they will laugh you back to your own wallet to actually pay for whatever ails you & if you cannot afford it, then you get to go bankrupt like the good old days.

what a hoot 'eh?.
So you're incapable of picking a decent insurance plan for yourself. And based on that we all get to have state run insurance which will result in crap care.

Who pays for your insurance?

A free market is not going to happen. Competition across state lines is a myth.
I don't get hung up on other people's money, I get hung up on having affordable healthcare for all Anericans.......just like other countries expect
If you want good affordable healthcare why do you want the government involved. Whatever they get into instantly turns is to the most expensive pile of crap possible.

You are hung up on other people's money. You want healthcare for everyone at someone else's expense.
Why would I want my health insurance dictated by my employer?
Why would I want my healthcare decisions dictated by a for profit insurer?

YES I want government involved

I don't care about other people's money any more than I care about it being used to fund the Department of Defense. I would rather my tax dollar go to ensuring the lives of Americans in my community than expanding our military interests around the globe
You don't want anyone making your insurance decisions for you... unless it's some politician. Do you not watch these people? Peloton and that nut bag Watters you want to make those decisions for you. You've got to be kidding.
Insurance companies make medical decisions for you. They win, you lose.
Then the government gets to make your medical decisions. Guess what, you get to pay more and still lose.

what a hoot 'eh?.

I do. And I'm guessing I get to pay for yours as well.

what a hoot 'eh?.

I do. And I'm guessing I get to pay for yours as well.
I doubt you pay $thousands a month for healthcare.

Hey, shit for brains!

She had Medicare, right?

Yes, and a supplemental insurance that she paid for with her $247 pension and her Social Security.

She had Medicare, right?

Yes, and a supplemental insurance that she paid for with her $247 pension and her Social Security.
The sociopathic liar you support as president said he wouldn't touch Medicare, Social Security or Medicaid. How safe do you think Social Security and Medicare are?

What do Republicans propose the benefit of cutting 20 million off their healthcare?

Forum List

Back