A 7-Day Workweek Could Soon Be Legal in Wisconsin

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Wisconsin’s GOP is trying to nix an existing law that requires employers in the manufacturing and retail sectors to give employees at least 24 hours off during each consecutive seven-day period. Currently, for an employee to skip his or her weekly day off, an employer has to get approval from the state’s Department of Workforce Development. The Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce association—a staunch advocate of the bill—suggests that the step is onerous and unnecessary, since the department has approved 733 such requests over the past five years, a number they imply means that the department is rubber-stamping the requests. Supporters also suggest that the plan ultimately helps employees who want to work more hours.
Will Wisconsin Have 7-Day Workweeks - The Atlantic

Yep. The GOP is awesome.

Morons.

So, its a stupid government policy that's not needed and should be eliminated and any public employees managing it fired to save money.

If that's the best crap that the GOP can come up with----they are beyond worthless. Nothing says love the working man with crap like this.

After all, nobody needs a life and workplace safety is optional

It's not even for conservatives. It's for the never do wrong corporations of which there will be a plethora of attempts to justify this crap.

If that's the best crap that the GOP can come up with----they are beyond worthless. Nothing says love the working man with crap like this.

Why do you hate working people? Sometimes it's nice to get in a few extra hours to buy the finer things in life.

As an independent contractor in a field where working months at a time without a day off is both required and expected, I don't really care about this law, as long as they're paid overtime.

Why do you hate working people? Sometimes it's nice to get in a few extra hours to buy the finer things in life.

Why do you insist on returning to a feudal society?

Why do you insist on holding people down, Ive worked many 80 hour weeks, you know what it got me, more money.

Yep...when I want to work, I work 70 hours a week...where the federal government FORCES me to stop...and I learned every trick to work the system so I could get as much as possible out of that allotted time period before I had to stop...if it was up to me, I'd work more. Because of those longer weeks, I'm in a position now where I work when I want to.

If people want to work, let them work.

Yep...when I want to work, I work 70 hours a week...where the federal government FORCES me to stop...and I learned every trick to work the system so I could get as much as possible out of that allotted time period before I had to stop...if it was up to me, I'd work more. Because of those longer weeks, I'm in a position now where I work when I want to.

If people want to work, let them work.

I see it didn't take the commies long to abandon this one.

Construction workers do 7 12's all the time....................Stop your whining............

Wisconsin’s GOP is trying to nix an existing law that requires employers in the manufacturing and retail sectors to give employees at least 24 hours off during each consecutive seven-day period. Currently, for an employee to skip his or her weekly day off, an employer has to get approval from the state’s Department of Workforce Development. The Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce association—a staunch advocate of the bill—suggests that the step is onerous and unnecessary, since the department has approved 733 such requests over the past five years, a number they imply means that the department is rubber-stamping the requests. Supporters also suggest that the plan ultimately helps employees who want to work more hours.
Will Wisconsin Have 7-Day Workweeks - The Atlantic

Yep. The GOP is awesome.

Morons.

Good, people who vote for these losers are getting what they get. That is the thing that will defeat them. Working people that vote for Republicans, you get what you idiots get.

Why do you insist on holding people down, Ive worked many 80 hour weeks, you know what it got me, more money.

Yep, this looks fantastical. It hits factories and retail. Further, it's also going to gut the "living wage" law and take out the the process of taking your case to the Department of Workforce Development.

Budget amendment would allow 7-day workweeks

Forum List

Back