🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

Unlike you I realized a long time ago that my vote doesn't matter so I only vote for people I actually support and don't have to compromise my values for.
Well YOU ARE WELCOME...........We stopped the Hildabeast from office.............And the left didn't get to PACK THE COURT.

Changed the Courts for decades to come.

Well YOU ARE WELCOME...........We stopped the Hildabeast from office.............And the left didn't get to PACK THE COURT.

Changed the Courts for decades to come.
YEah I don't owe you any thanks or anything else for that matter

Don;t flatter yourself.

There is literally nothing you can say that will make me upset

I don't do faux outrage like you partisan hacks do
scotus_0.PNG

The bible is fiction.

I do not believe that fiction and morese fiction that is riddled with contradiction warrants any deep thinking
Is there truth in the Bible? Are points made that are valid and wise? Further, if you are one who thinks that the Bible says Noah's flood covered the planet, then that's a misinterpretation on your part you never bothered to investigate. And so on...particularly in the Book of Revelation.

Dismissing the Bible as "fiction" is a quick, lazy way around it. However, to each his own.

Yes, but not for the reason you did.
I think it's a mistake to fiddle with scripture like Hosea and Isaiah or to skip Antiochus IV's attempts to Hellenize the Jews and ignore the Maccabees.

Is there truth in the Bible? Are points made that are valid and wise? Further, if you are one who thinks that the Bible says Noah's flood covered the planet, then that's a misinterpretation on your part you never bothered to investigate. And so on...particularly in the Book of Revelation.

Dismissing the Bible as "fiction" is a quick, lazy way around it. However, to each his own.
Is there truth in any work of fiction?

Just because there was an bequeath or a rocket launch in a work of fiction in no way means that work of fiction is anything more than that.

All you have with the bible is a bunch of people from different places saying that it's the word of a god.

That's not much of a reason to believe it is

I admit no such thing. If a child was just hit by a bus, was God driving the bus? He does however catch that child before he hits the ground and takes him straight to Paradise. Bad, bad God, right?
How about Noah's flood?

How many children drowned?

It is my concern to expose the bullshit and lies you base your lives on. This is the type of rubbish you frighten the hell out of little kids forcing them to love your filthy God which doesn't exist.
Evangelists have made billions from these lies and you support it. Are you bloody mad?

I'll do another one tomorrow. Its just as hideous.

You are quite the bitter little man.

In judges, chapter 11, jephthah made a deal with god if he was victorious over the Ammonites, he would sacrifice the first person to greet him on his return, by burning them alive.
He did indeed win and upon his return, was gleefully greeted by his daughter. Sadly the news was not goid. He cooked her a couple of months later to satisfy this ghost they believed in.
God never said a word apparently but when Abraham prepared his son to be barbecued as a sacrifice, at the very last minute, somehow Abraham got an email from God who suggested he spare him.

Its a shame your merciful god didn't show the same compassion for jephthats daughter as ge did for Isaac. This is the stuff you teach little kids.
How can you be part of such horrific and wicked teachings of your filthy god? Is that where you get your morals from?

Those are two situations. Israel is used as media (God's CNN or Fox News) for God's truth to reach today's humans. It is thus important that the Jews must be loyal to their vows made with God. That's why Jesus said you shouldn't vow, if yes say yes, no say no. If you vow you need to keep your words. That's part of the culture God needs to build such that Israel can do their job to be the media for God's truth to convey. In general, God is harsh to His chosen people who He loves the most when working towards granting His Grace to all mankind.

The historical background of Abraham's situation is that he (Lot as well) was surrounded by the Canaanites who were with very bad practices which may go back to haunt Abraham and later Israel. This included the practice of child sacrifice to idol gods such as Baal. So if the Canaanites are so faithful to their gods, Abraham should have greater faith in God such that he won't be converted by his surrounding religions. God knows how faithful he is, but it is a necessity for his faith to be openly demonstrated and witnessed.

Through the process, God emphasized that child sacrifice is not what He wanted in a truly serious manner to His most faithful servant. That contributes to later Jews that child sacrifice is never part of the Jewish religion. God also used a lamb, who He loved as to how Abraham loved his son, as the true sacrifice in order to save all mankind. Abrahams thus knows that as an important prophet the sacrifice of his own son won't save. Only God's Lamb will save. Again, maybe this is harsh to Abraham, however at the same time maybe this is necessary when working towards the salvation of all mankind. Moreover and in the end, Abraham has been openly proved to be with the greatest faith, and something special must have been prepared for him in Heaven. Most prophets and saints are slain too, including Jesus Christ who is among the greatest of them. God loves them all, and through them, God's salvation to mankind is achieved.

Last edited:
Is there truth in any work of fiction?

Just because there was an bequeath or a rocket launch in a work of fiction in no way means that work of fiction is anything more than that.

All you have with the bible is a bunch of people from different places saying that it's the word of a god.

That's not much of a reason to believe it is
What is the purpose of each Biblical account?

Forum List

Back