A few questions for the fundies

Yeah, little children don't like being punished.
It's childish OF GOD to do that. Or is your non-answer actually a concession?

You have no more standing to accuse God than does a three year old throwing a tantrum because he can't have a treat he saw in a store can accuse his parents. For the record, not childish at all. Sin is serious business, as everyone will find out.
What about god's sin? Not serious?

There is none. As you have acknowledged, God has authority you do not.
Ok, you're fine worshipping a mass murdering god. Nothing I can do about that. Interesting though how people can do that and claim the moral high ground at the same time. Quite the delusion!
Again, not all killing is murder, no matter how often you repeat your mantra. I worship a just God who does not allow sin to be ignored. To do otherwise is to not be just. And He is not accountable to you.

At least you're coming around to admit God has authority you don't.
No, it's ok, I get that, god has more power than I do. But at least you acknowledge that your god is a mass murderer and uses his power for evil, like murder and rape.

I do not. That is your thought, not mine.
You know it, that's good enough for me that you said he's allowed to kill. Comedy gold!

Ah, but as I have shown, an executioner carrying out the order of the court is not a murderer, nor is a solider carrying out the orders of his superiors on the battlefield, nor would you be if you defended your home against invasion by assailants.

Why are you pretending that all killing is murder? I know, but I'm curious what your excuse will be.
So god was only carrying out someone else's order with the Flood? Whose?

Killing nearly all of humanity isn't murder in your book? WOW! Just WOW!!

Hitler and Stalin must be lightweights in your book. :biggrin:
Carrying out someone else's order? Whose order would you be carrying out if you killed someone while defending your home? You seriously need to read everything in my posts, not just the first few sentences. Come on, you're not even trying here.

You know it. You know exactly what gods expects you to do. Your problem is the problem which everyone else has with you too: How are you able to trust in yourself, Nazi? Not at all, isn't it? You use words like weapons. But to kill someone with words makes nothing alive.
So you want me to keep up with the Nazi stuff, or are you going to cut it out as well?

As for what god wants, you obviously have no fucking clue whatsoever, or does god want you to call people "Nazi" all the time?

You convinced me with all your might that you are a Nazi - what can I say? You was successful. You won the first price in extreme idiotic behavior - called "the little Adolf".

Hey, at least you didn't dispute the fact that you don't know what god wants. Carry on, you sad little kraut.

no comment

Ya, you gerrys know when you're beat now. Good for you.

no comment

No, it's ok, I get that, god has more power than I do. But at least you acknowledge that your god is a mass murderer and uses his power for evil, like murder and rape.

You know it, that's good enough for me that you said he's allowed to kill. Comedy gold!

Ah, but as I have shown, an executioner carrying out the order of the court is not a murderer, nor is a solider carrying out the orders of his superiors on the battlefield, nor would you be if you defended your home against invasion by assailants.

Why are you pretending that all killing is murder? I know, but I'm curious what your excuse will be.

Carrying out someone else's order? Whose order would you be carrying out if you killed someone while defending your home? You seriously need to read everything in my posts, not just the first few sentences. Come on, you're not even trying here.
Your first 2 examples where about authority telling the executioner and the soldier what to do.
So lets see about the 3rd example of the home invasion. So you're saying that god drowned nearly everyone because they were invading his space and he felt threatened with death? Really?

It's childish OF GOD to do that. Or is your non-answer actually a concession?

You have no more standing to accuse God than does a three year old throwing a tantrum because he can't have a treat he saw in a store can accuse his parents. For the record, not childish at all. Sin is serious business, as everyone will find out.

Ok, you're fine worshipping a mass murdering god. Nothing I can do about that. Interesting though how people can do that and claim the moral high ground at the same time. Quite the delusion!
Again, not all killing is murder, no matter how often you repeat your mantra. I worship a just God who does not allow sin to be ignored. To do otherwise is to not be just. And He is not accountable to you.
"I worship a just God who does not allow sin to be ignored", except his own sins, of which there are plenty.

My intent is to get to the truth behind the bible. You make up your own interpretation of it and then reject mine. I’ve studied the bible enough to know it, yet because I don’t agree with your interpretation, you say I know nothing. Well guess what? You don’t know more than I do, and your version isn’t any more valid than mine. So suck it up, princess, I’m right.

Perhaps it will surprise you to remember that I have not offered my interpretation of the Bible or even of the story of The Great Flood. Instead, I've shared different approaches used in studying any ancient writing. I've used facts--i.e., The Great Flood is a story, not a newspaper or encyclopedic listing of facts. Second, since it is a story, it helps to identify its theme. Third, who was the original audience, and what was the author's purpose in relating the story. Fourth, I've agreed there are many interpretations, and because of this take the next step into discerning personal motives behind personal interpretations.

It would be very unlike me and even more unusual for me to tell another poster that they know nothing. Where did I say this, so I can go back and correct the comment and issue you an apology.

I suspect I do know more about The Great Flood and its various interpretations than you. So what, so what if I'm a Bible nerd who has had time to make a study of many of its stories. That's no more important than knowing which of us may have spent more time outdoors today. Neither matters a whit in the great scheme of things. At the moment, my interest is in your interpretation, and how a person who seems to be interested in science isn't at all interested in presenting information on why The Great Flood cannot have been global. And also, how and why an atheist came to believe in an evil God.
So tell us, what is your interpretation of the flood?

Ok, so you don't think that any of the big stories in the bible are true. So you agree that it's a book of fiction, with possibly a little philosophy thrown in. It's a good start.
But I would still take issue on how stories that are meant to be about being good, doing the right thing... use such an evil being to get their message across? Why not just make up stories that are nice and kind? Why use a mass-murdering rapist to convey a message of love...?

Ok, so you don't think that any of the big stories in the bible are true. So you agree that it's a book of fiction, with possibly a little philosophy thrown in. It's a good start.

No, that is not what I think or with what I am in agreement.

But I would still take issue on how stories that are meant to be about being good, doing the right thing... use such an evil being to get their message across? Why not just make up stories that are nice and kind? Why use a mass-murdering rapist to convey a message of love...?

1. Bible stories are not "made up."
2. Stories tackle an issue. The issue being tackled in The Great Flood is evil and corruption erupting in all of mankind.
3. A kind story...Do you mean something along the lines of The Pokey Little Puppy? Is there a good example of a kind, adult story?

No, that is not what I think or with what I am in agreement.

1. Bible stories are not "made up."
2. Stories tackle an issue. The issue being tackled in The Great Flood is evil and corruption erupting in all of mankind.
3. A kind story...Do you mean something along the lines of The Pokey Little Puppy? Is there a good example of a kind, adult story?
So what DO you think about the bible stories, true or not?

If bible stories don't mean what's written, how are they not made up? :dunno:

So for you the bible stories either have to be about an evil superbeing or the pokey little puppy. Nothing in between. You were probably quite good in dodge ball back in your day.

So for you the bible stories either have to be about an evil superbeing or the pokey little puppy. Nothing in between. You were probably quite good in dodge ball back in your day.

Once again we are in a place where you are imagining what I think. What I am asking is for you to tell me an adult story that you would define as "kind." As for me, I could name some children's stories I would define as kind. One of the subjects I teach is Middle School Language Arts, so I was going through the list of more adult books that might be described as kind. I fell short. One of the units taught at some Middle Schools involve students writing a story for a young child. These stories are often kind. However, when we get into stories for their own age an entire "kind" story is difficult because good stories involve conflict. Since I couldn't recall an adult book that is kind from start to finish, I asked if you would help me out.

The Bible is stories that are wrapped in a theme wrapped around a lesson. Some lessons are difficult. And some lessons are difficult to understand--especially when translated into modern English and presented to people whose only perspective is twenty-first century America.

Your first 2 examples where about authority telling the executioner and the soldier what to do.
So lets see about the 3rd example of the home invasion. So you're saying that god drowned nearly everyone because they were invading his space and he felt threatened with death? Really?

Now you're just being absurdly literal to avoid the truth of what I'm saying. You know exactly what I'm saying and you know it's true.

"I worship a just God who does not allow sin to be ignored", except his own sins, of which there are plenty.

And you still refuse to acknowledge that God has authority and responsibility you do not and imagine that you can hold Him accountable to your standard. The infant screams because he can't have the lollipop.

Now you're just being absurdly literal to avoid the truth of what I'm saying. You know exactly what I'm saying and you know it's true.
What I know to be true is that you can't find a proper analogy.

And you still refuse to acknowledge that God has authority and responsibility you do not and imagine that you can hold Him accountable to your standard. The infant screams because he can't have the lollipop.
Sorta of like the Mafia Boss? He can do what he wants but others can't do like him or they die?

Once again we are in a place where you are imagining what I think. What I am asking is for you to tell me an adult story that you would define as "kind." As for me, I could name some children's stories I would define as kind. One of the subjects I teach is Middle School Language Arts, so I was going through the list of more adult books that might be described as kind. I fell short. One of the units taught at some Middle Schools involve students writing a story for a young child. These stories are often kind. However, when we get into stories for their own age an entire "kind" story is difficult because good stories involve conflict. Since I couldn't recall an adult book that is kind from start to finish, I asked if you would help me out.

The Bible is stories that are wrapped in a theme wrapped around a lesson. Some lessons are difficult. And some lessons are difficult to understand--especially when translated into modern English and presented to people whose only perspective is twenty-first century America.
So the bible is fictional? What about god? He fictional in the bible as well? Or do you cherry pick the fictional parts?

What I know to be true is that you can't find a proper analogy.

You're refusing to acknowledge the bottom line, which is that the Creator has authority and responsibility that you do not. You're quibbling over semantics.

You're refusing to acknowledge the bottom line, which is that the Creator has authority and responsibility that you do not.
Why should anyone acknowledge such an esoteric, extraordinary claim without a shred of good evidence? This is your problem, not his.

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz

Sorta of like the Mafia Boss? He can do what he wants but others can't do like him or they die?

Except the Mafia Boss is human just like the humans under his control and God is much greater than any human. But of course any person in authority can do to others what they cannot do to him.

Be serious for a moment.

Forum List

Back