A former Trump supporter describes her escape

I used the “quote” function to respond to what you wrote.

Maybe you should proofread what you write?
So clicking the "quote" button automatically helps you understand it?

1on8bs.jpg

I can only imagine the attacks this will inspire (yawn), but this young lady says some important things here. She describes being raised on talk radio, and ultimately how she made her escape.

And for those who scream "TDS!", we both know: This is isn't about him. It never HAS been. It's about YOU.

Some salient moments, exactly the same opinions and behaviors we see here:
  • "Sometimes I think Republicans develop develop conspiracy theories to deal with things they just can't accept. They're in total denial, and they'd rather live in a fake reality than the real one".
  • "I believed that Democrats were totally evil and that Republicans were the good guys".
  • "I fell right in line. When you think the other side is evil, you can't imagine voting for anyone other than your own guy".
  • "I voted for Trump. I thought I had some unconvential wisdom that other women didn't."
  • On her escape: "It was a process of realizing what I already knew deep down: That he (Trump) was unprincipled and unpresidential."
  • "He should be absolutely nowhere near the Oval Office".
  • "Once that I came to the realization that he has a mental illness, everything started to make sense. That's when I got angry".
  • "It showed me the truth: That everything the party said they believed in was a lie. Every value was a lie. Because if you can stand by a man like Donald Trump, you didn't have values. You didn't have principles. Period. To me, it lifted the curtain on everything".

"It showed me the truth: That everything the party said they believed in was a lie. Every value was a lie. Because if you can stand by a man like Donald Trump, you didn't have values. You didn't have principles. Period. To me, it lifted the curtain on everything."

:thewave:

what are we supposed to think? rudy, a confessed serial perjurer gets a mysterious laptop from the blind computer repairman. rudy, like any patriotic american, lent the computer to lev parnas who only kept it for a few months before they , i don't know, take me through the rest of this "chain of custody??"

The only people that got the computer was the FBI, after initially refusing to take custody of it. All anyone else got was a copy of the hard drive. Hope that helps resolve some of your ignorance.

what are we supposed to think? rudy, a confessed serial perjurer gets a mysterious laptop from the blind computer repairman. rudy, like any patriotic american, lent the computer to lev parnas who only kept it for a few months before they , i don't know, take me through the rest of this "chain of custody??"
Democrats flip the switch when it comes to defending presidents. For Republicans, the prostitute can make claims and of course they repeat her lies time after time.

When one claims about Biden, they act as if she is the liar.

Let me ask you what Holly won't answer. Is Trump principled and presidential? Yes or no
Trump is principled. Trump has a lousy personality on display and he won't change. He has been told over and over, stop bragging and he won't.

I have one for you. Is Biden principled and presidential? Yes or no?

Trump is principled. Trump has a lousy personality on display and he won't change. He has been told over and over, stop bragging and he won't.

I have one for you. Is Biden principled and presidential? Yes or no?
A principled person doesn't get caught in thousands of lies, big and small. And you know that.

I can only imagine the attacks this will inspire (yawn), but this young lady says some important things here. She describes being raised on talk radio, and ultimately how she made her escape.

And for those who scream "TDS!", we both know: This is isn't about him. It never HAS been. It's about YOU.

Some salient moments, exactly the same opinions and behaviors we see here:
  • "Sometimes I think Republicans develop develop conspiracy theories to deal with things they just can't accept. They're in total denial, and they'd rather live in a fake reality than the real one".
  • "I believed that Democrats were totally evil and that Republicans were the good guys".
  • "I fell right in line. When you think the other side is evil, you can't imagine voting for anyone other than your own guy".
  • "I voted for Trump. I thought I had some unconvential wisdom that other women didn't."
  • On her escape: "It was a process of realizing what I already knew deep down: That he (Trump) was unprincipled and unpresidential."
  • "He should be absolutely nowhere near the Oval Office".
  • "Once that I came to the realization that he has a mental illness, everything started to make sense. That's when I got angry".
  • "It showed me the truth: That everything the party said they believed in was a lie. Every value was a lie. Because if you can stand by a man like Donald Trump, you didn't have values. You didn't have principles. Period. To me, it lifted the curtain on everything".

Mac1958

does he make them feel smart? or just like they are "inside" a conspiracy of their own?

the q anon stuff is baffling as well. "do your own research" so a few minutes on 4 chan makes you an illuminati?

seasons greetings. perhaps victory in this xmas war next year.

Nonsense. Many times here and elsewhere objections to Trumps policies and actions have been listed in obscene detail. You all who worship him ignore them, downplay them, or go off on a rant about how awful Biden or Democrats are.

You all won’t discuss Trump except in the vein of his being the greatest President, Man, and American ever.

Trump didn't create anything aside from making money for himself via criminal means, misusing the naivety and desperation of "rightfully" disgruntled Americans - making an extra buck via his brand promos and ripping them of for "$ contributions".

It's a shame and frightening to see, that so many can't see through this charlatan.

And as usual the reprehensible right attempts to defend the indefensible.

Unfortunately, those who realize the truth constitute tiny minority – the majority will continue to support and defend Trump, along with his disastrous, authoritarian agenda of hatred and lies, as conservatives responding to this thread demonstrate.

Cults do that. Not physical restraint but psychological controls.

You have nothing but ignorant arguments. What Black Americans are waking up to is the fact that the wealth gap that exists between white and black families isn't going to be overcome by hard work because the wealth gap wasn't created from a lack of hard work. It was created through socio-economic injustice. That's part of what it meant to be woke before white people started adopting it.

I think enough sane republicans will stay home in November or even vote for Biden.

Yes, blind. The guy couldn’t remember or identify who dropped it off.

More like, "in a big pile of doo-doo" computer repairman. :auiqs.jpg:

I am glad the woman escaped the clutches of Trumpism.

Total global covid deaths is approximately 3.4 million. USA deaths is about a third of that. Which means China hurt other countries and themselves more than they hurt USA. What a conspiracy you got there.

This video came up in my feed yesterday, it was informative.

Seems to be as your boys haven’t been able to do anything with it. Maybe more like Republican disinformation.

The Trumpers here use the 'blanket like statement' all the time.

Man. This is a lot to unpack.

Escalator Day cemented to me that when populism prevails with the American electorate majority, political parties are no longer important anymore. Even the current democrat administration has leaned into it. I believe populism sucks. I don't support it. It is a repulsive way to run a country. Politics is not a fucking football game.

Escalator Day also cemented to me that the GOP gave up on their usual stable of milktoast political candidates because their policies were proven in the past to not be very popular with the majority electorate, and simply gave up, deciding to promote a fantasy candidate (actor) instead. A con man with a grasp on branding due to his Hollywood ties who could sell the same old said policies talking points with exciting new wrappers, from authoritarian to flat out non factual. Didn't matter to his supporters. As long as they had an as you say, 'strongman' using rough talking rhetoric distilling 'their' message, they didn't care.

If Trump is a symptom of Obama, then Biden is a symptom of Trump. 'Woke' (formerly: cultural awareness) has been introduced to the political lexicon as a way to do the opposite to one's perceived political enemies. Trump pushed the 'Biden is old' complaint, and it stuck. Biden is old, sure. He's also a career wormy professional politician, and I believe the democrats were so repelled by the prior gutting of their candidate (Hillary) as well as the previous administration that they pushed Biden only to remove themselves from it.

They probably weren't expecting the Biden administration would cause the woke dial to go to 11. There is so much unimportant shit we are now supposed to be 'aware' of. Depending on the party, we're supposed to love or hate this unimportant shit for, reasons. Completely binary, as if apathy suddenly stopped existing (hint: it didn't). You say men can have babies? Insanity. You say the democrats are grooming kids? I say no more than republicans. What are my pronouns? Go, Fuck and Yourselves. I say, get the fuck out of here with all of it.

I've been a NeverTrumper practically my whole life for good reason. Ever since he showed up on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous in the 80s. He came off as an isolated, entitled douche bag even back then. Then came Howard Stern, where he came off as a creepy, isolated, entitled douche bag. But that program launched his popularity as that program could be compared to Joe Rogen in listeners on terrestrial radio back in the day even before streaming. Even then the show was geared around the dregs of society. The kind that embraced extremism and anti-establishment types. It certainly wasn't for everyone, but it was popular in its day. I was hoping The Apprentice would keep him satisfied to stay within his station, but unfortunately, narcissist. :dunno:

His first presidential runs were fairly non-serious, but he used manipulation to run with 'Birther Gate', originally concocted by another populist, Hillary Clinton, to try and wreck Obama's campaign. A failed conspiracy in terms of facts, but entirely successful in terms of spreading a message. And on, and on and on. Because, like a mobster or a conman, Trump purposely selects bottom tier yes men to spread it, therefore isolating himself from accountability, as said yes men are expendable should shit go sideways. Never fully commit, never admit mistakes and of course, never apologise. The selective political amnesia in this country is powerful. He manipulated that to his advantage too.

The message was/is GRIEVANCE: The 'other' group/party/race/religion/identity/sexual persuasion is responsible for your lot in life, they are trying to take away all your freedoms and shit, and you'll never get ahead unless you fight and vote for ME. Only I can take back those things for you. And give me your money, please.

It's a powerful message. Powerful enough to forget one's principles should they fall out of favor in popularity. Change my mind. The way I see it, he ran a whole presidential administration that way.

Facts have no longer become important to wingers.

Just to make sure. Trump is principled and presidential. Yes or no

"It showed me the truth: That everything the party said they believed in was a lie. Every value was a lie. Because if you can stand by a man like Donald Trump, you didn't have values. You didn't have principles. Period. To me, it lifted the curtain on everything."

:thewave:
Let’s cut the bullshit…So basically she’s another one of those fucked in the head woke white quilt wackos that contracted the mind virus?
I bet she now has purple hair, nose rings and neck tattoos…She probably fucks black dudes to prove her wokeness. FUCK HER!
IMG_8144.jpeg

This is nothing but a distraction from Terrible DEMwitted policy that has the Black guy screaming in CHI city hall meeting “Mr. Trump, come fix this mess”. Almost as if snake headed James Carville had it created?

Forum List

Back