a question for democrats about abortion ..

Because you are attempting to say that a child dying of, say, cancer or a serious heart issue would be "investigated". You sure about that? But of course you're not. Like I said. Stupid argument.

Yes, the cause of death would be determined. In the cases you mention the investigation would be short.

Should this same thing not happen for each and every miscarriage?

So, every law every passed by Congress was passed by the voters. If you say so.

But they are not, none of the laws passed waiting to take effect were passed via state wide referendum
I never said that all laws were passed by a vote of citizens. What I said was that the citizens send their elected representatives to act for them. In the case of a sensitive controversial issue like abortion, it only makes sense to put it to a vote of the entire electorate of each state and let the people decide. Why do leftists object to that?

Yes, the cause of death would be determined. In the cases you mention the investigation would be short.

Should this same thing not happen for each and every miscarriage?
comparing miscarriage to abortion is a diversion, typical lib tactic.

In the case of a sensitive controversial issue like abortion, it only makes sense to put it to a vote of the entire electorate of each state and let the people decide. Why do leftists object to that?

Do leftists object to that?

What states have done that?

The only difference between them is one is deliberate and one is not.

Should not every miscarriage be investigated to ensure it was not a deliberate act?

Not really. An abortion is an induced miscarriage.

All the morning after pill does is prevent a fertilized ovum from attaching to the uterine wall which induces a miscarriage.

As a nation we have done a poor job of promoting contraception. The 50s are over. Women are in the workforce and not staying home. Less are having kids. There should be no expectations on them to have kids if they make the wise decision that they cannot raise them.

As a nation we have done a poor job of promoting contraception. The 50s are over. Women are in the workforce and not staying home. Less are having kids. There should be no expectations on them to have kids if they make the wise decision that they cannot raise them.

The morning after pill is not an abortion. The two have zero in common.

The morning after pill is considered emergency contraception

There are however other drugs available that will terminate a pregnancy up to 7 weeks

Do leftists object to that?

What states have done that?
I don't know that any states have had a referendum, but they all should. Thats my point. do you find that objectionable? Many leftists insist that it must be a federal mandate, what do you think they are afraid of?

I would think there will be a huge push by the pro lifers now to tout the positives of contraception of all forms. They've done a poor job of promoting this aspect.

Not really. An abortion is an induced miscarriage.

All the morning after pill does is prevent a fertilized ovum from attaching to the uterine wall which induces a miscarriage.
an abortion is the physical removal of a living fetus, a miscarriage is a medical issue where the fetus is unable to survive for a variety of reasons. not even close to the same thing. its like comparing murder to natural death.

The only difference between them is one is deliberate and one is not.

Should not every miscarriage be investigated to ensure it was not a deliberate act?
deliberate or not is a huge difference. murder vs accidental death.

I would think there will be a huge push by the pro lifers now to tout the positives of contraception of all forms. They've done a poor job of promoting this aspect.
both sides have done a poor job of educating the public about methods of contraception.

an abortion is the physical removal of a living fetus, a miscarriage is a medical issue where the fetus is unable to survive for a variety of reasons. not even close to the same thing. its like comparing murder to natural death.
Not really as I said there are medications that can induce a miscarriage up to the 7th week of pregnancy.

That is an induced miscarriage and will occur after the dosage of the medication regardless of the state of the fetus.

both sides have done a poor job of educating the public about methods of contraception.
Not really. How many people do you know that are completely ignorant of all the available methods of contraception?

And when someone dies the cause of death is determined.

Should this not be the case with every miscarriage?

Forum List

Back