A question for the pro-abortion aka pro-choice crowd

I didn't call her a nazi or downplay the holocaust, I'd never stoop to such a thing.

She didn't downplay the holocaust either. You are tossing spurious charges to distract from the content of her posts.

When someone repeatedly makes anti-semitic remarks, one would tend to think that person is an anti-semite, no?

She has made no Antisemitic remarks, and you know it.

I didn't call her a nazi or downplay the holocaust, I'd never stoop to such a thing.

She didn't downplay the holocaust either. You are tossing spurious charges to distract from the content of her posts.

When someone repeatedly makes anti-semitic remarks, one would tend to think that person is an anti-semite, no?

She has made no Antisemitic remarks, and you know it.

What content?

She's calling others on this board nazis, who she doesn't know in the slightest. That's downplaying the nazis and everything they put the victims of the holocaust through, and I know it.

Now it's more likely that it's just emotional diatribe, and she doesn't actually think of other posters as nazis, but she shouldn't stoop to such a thing.

That'd be like bashing gays for being gay or bashing muslims for being muslim, you know what I mean?

What content?

All those posts you're not interested in.

She's calling others on this board nazis, who she doesn't know in the slightest.

She is comparing the callous disregard for human life displayed by the pro-abortion faction to the disregard for human life displayed by the Nazis.

That's downplaying the nazis and everything they put the victims of the holocaust through, and I know it.

Idiotic bullshit, as you well know. You are engaging in pure ad hom for the purpose of shutting the discussion down.

Now it's more likely that it's just emotional diatribe, and she doesn't actually think of other posters as nazis, but she shouldn't stoop to such a thing.

That'd be like bashing gays for being gay or bashing muslims for being muslim, you know what I mean?

Or bashing Nazis for being Nazis.

It's called a "metaphor", although she certainly DID take it further to the literal in her next post, and he damned well asked for it, whining little putz that he is. She's obviously not saying they're members of the Nazi Party, or sharing all political beliefs and goals with them, or even that they're anti-Semitic. She's drawing a parallel regarding their disrespect for human life.

My GOD, the quality of education in America these days.

I don't give a damn if it was a metaphor. I don't care if he asked for it. You can bitch and moan about those things, but I put the relevant part of your original post in bold. Dragon did not say anything that I recall about being called a Nazi being ok so long as it is metaphorical. He did not say anything about koshergrl's use of Nazi being literal. You took it upon yourself to say that koshergrl didn't say exactly what she did say. You took it upon yourself to not only assume you know what koshergrl meant, but why Dragon was offended by it. And you accomplished it all in your usual condescending, arrogant fashion.

Was it your vast education which prepared you to (incorrectly) make claims about other people's intentions? What degree did you earn which taught you that someone makes a clear statement, the best response is to deny that statement was made?

Yo, Mr. English Professor. That's what a fucking metaphor IS, you illiterate dipshit. It's calling something something else in order to draw a comparison. Perhaps you should have looked up the word "metaphor" before opening your gob. Once again, I sincerely doubt that Kosher was imputing to Dragon membership in the Nazi Party, or all of the political and philosophical beliefs thereof (which is what literally, rather than metaphorically, calling someone a Nazi would entail). As far as his disregard for human life, THAT parallel was dead-on.

While we're on the subject of not giving a damn, I don't give a damn what Dragon's conditions are for liking something. You have obviously mistaken me for someone who considers Dragon worth a fart in a wind tunnel. In all honesty, the fact that Dragon got his panties all in a ruffle about what Kosher said is what I liked about it. So telling me how "it being a metaphor" - especially when you apparently have no idea what a metaphor is - doesn't make it less offensive to Dragon is a waste of time, because I didn't WANT it to be less offensive to Dragon.

He's a whining little bitch who wanted an excuse to flounce off in high dudgeon so he didn't have to get his pansy ass kicked any more, and this whole hyperliteral faux outrage over "Nazi is inexcusable" is just a vehicle for pretending he's not retreating. Not impressed with it from him, not impressed with it from Dr. "you're spitting on Holocaust graves!" Drock, not impressed with it from you and your "She said the word, so she literally meant he's a Nazi!" Grow up. If you pussyaching little weiners want to sound retreat, just fucking do it. Don't waste our time trying to establish some sort of moral high ground first. You're advocating baby-killing. You have no moral ground at all, high or otherwise.

In conclusion, it's damned hard not to be condescending when I'm surrounded by illiterate boobs. Perhaps if you didn't require so much dumbing-down just to make things understandable, I wouldn't feel the need to talk to you like a retarded five-year-old.

I don't know why I let your abrasive, arrogant posts draw me in like this. :lol:
Perhaps you should look up the difference between the words 'said' and 'meant'. You claimed koshergrl did not call Dragon a Nazi. She did. Now, I didn't claim that she meant he is a card-carrying, swastika-wearing, sieg-heil saluting member of the Nazi party. My comment was based solely on your claim that koshergrl didn't say he was a Nazi. She did. How she meant it is immaterial to the fact that she said it. That's the only thing I was pointing out.

What she meant by it, why Dragon was offended by it, etc. have no effect on the words that were used. Had your post made a claim about what koshergrl meant, rather than what she said, I would not have responded as I did.

What content?

All those posts you're not interested in.

She's calling others on this board nazis, who she doesn't know in the slightest.

She is comparing the callous disregard for human life displayed by the pro-abortion faction to the disregard for human life displayed by the Nazis.

That's downplaying the nazis and everything they put the victims of the holocaust through, and I know it.

Idiotic bullshit, as you well know. You are engaging in pure ad hom for the purpose of shutting the discussion down.

Or bashing Nazis for being Nazis.

Agree to disagree. You defend calling anonymous message board posters nazis, I do not.

But then again you'll defend anything anyone says if they vote for the same party as you do, so this comes as no surprise.

Agree to disagree. You defend calling anonymous message board posters nazis, I do not.

Honestly, I think the pro-abortion stance is closer to Stalinist than Nazi - less ideological and more general disdain for human life.

But then again you'll defend anything anyone says if they vote for the same party as you do, so this comes as no surprise.

You do understand that I vote Libertarian 95% of the time, right?

Last Republican I voted for was Arnold in the Davis recall. That was a mistake.

Setting aside for the moment the specifics of Nazi-labeling, one thing I have noticed about this forum is that a number of its posters have the manners of a tantrum-throwing two-year-old and seem completely incapable of holding a civil discussion. When posts consist of nothing except gratuitous insults and sheer venomous nastiness, why bother with that poster? He or she has nothing to say that's worth bothering with.

I routinely snip personal insults from quoted posts before responding. But when I do that and nothing is left -- well, there's no reason to continue.

Honestly, it would not hurt anyone's arguments to present them without spraying bile about. Insults do nothing to support your position. There is simply no reason to engage in them, and certainly no reason to try to make them SUBSTITUTE for reason and evidence.

Honestly, I think the pro-abortion stance is closer to Stalinist than Nazi - less ideological and more general disdain for human life.

You do understand that I vote Libertarian 95% of the time, right?

Last Republican I voted for was Arnold in the Davis recall. That was a mistake.

I agree about those who are pro-abortion, luckily i've never met or heard of anyone being pro-abortion until i got on this thread and one person admitted to being pro-abortion. That was the first time I've ever seen a pro-abortion stance.

But I think most stances are mislabeled. Almost no one is 100% pro-life or pro-choice.

I agree about those who are pro-abortion, luckily i've never met or heard of anyone being pro-abortion until i got on this thread and one person admitted to being pro-abortion.

There are two sides to the abortion question, pro and anti.

That those who are pro-abortion prefer to be dishonest tells us a lot about the pro-abortion stance.

That was the first time I've ever seen a pro-abortion stance.

Dishonesty doesn't aid your position.

But I think most stances are mislabeled. Almost no one is 100% pro-life or pro-choice.

It's not a "choice," it's an abortion. Those who support it are pro-abortion, not pro-choice.

The fact that pro-aborts are dishonest, illustrates that even you know that your position is indefensible.

About 23% of Americans are pro-Abortion, with 65% being anti-Abortion. The rest are undecided.

Poll Suggests Americans Remain Divided on Abortion, Christian News

You of the pro-Abortion side are in a definite minority.

I agree about those who are pro-abortion, luckily i've never met or heard of anyone being pro-abortion until i got on this thread and one person admitted to being pro-abortion.

There are two sides to the abortion question, pro and anti.

That those who are pro-abortion prefer to be dishonest tells us a lot about the pro-abortion stance.

That was the first time I've ever seen a pro-abortion stance.

Dishonesty doesn't aid your position.

It's not a "choice," it's an abortion. Those who support it are pro-abortion, not pro-choice.

The fact that pro-aborts are dishonest, illustrates that even you know that your position is indefensible.

About 23% of Americans are pro-Abortion, with 65% being anti-Abortion. The rest are undecided.

Poll Suggests Americans Remain Divided on Abortion, Christian News

You of the pro-Abortion side are in a definite minority.

You joined the convo late, no it doesn't mean pro-abortion.

I'm pro-choice when it comes to cigarette smoking, I absolutely hate that shit and wish they didn't exist. That doesn't make me pro-cigarrettes. Same goes for abortions.

If that's your label of pro-abortion, than you yourself are pro-abortion as you say up to 6 weeks, but i disagree with the label.

And I would expect those results from a pro-life website, but here's an actual poll that gives a better understanding.

Americans Still Split Along "Pro-Choice," "Pro-Life" Lines

The more honest poll shows it's about 50/50 with minor changes to each side. Right now it's at 45% pro-choice, 47% pro-life.

The sampling error in the poll is +/- 4%, so it's pretty much 50/50.

Well let's consider the term pro-abortion:

If I said I could not ever waterboard somebody but I want it to remain legal and available, would you say that I was pro-water boarding or even pro-torture?

If I said I could not ever shoot a deer--in fact I DID say that just this week--but I want hunting to remain legal and accessible for those who enjoy it or who need the meat, would you say that I am pro hunting?

If I said I would never buy a Hummer but support them being legal and available to those who want one, would you say I am pro big car/vehicle/Hummer?

So If I said I would never have an abortion for any but the most extreme reason but want abortion on demand under all circumstances to be safe, legal, accessible, and free to the poor. . . . . .

If I said I could not ever waterboard somebody but I want it to remain legal and available, would you say that I was pro-water boarding or even pro-torture?

If I said I could not ever shoot a deer--in fact I DID say that just this week--but I want hunting to remain legal and accessible for those who enjoy it or who need the meat, would you say that I am pro hunting?

If I said I would never buy a Hummer but support them being legal and available to those who want one, would you say I am pro big car/vehicle/Hummer?

So If I said I would never have an abortion for any but the most extreme reason but want abortion on demand under all circumstances to be safe, legal, accessible, and free to the poor. . . . . .

No in those situations I personally wouldn't label you pro-torture, pro-hunting or pro-hummers.

I've never talked to or met any pro-choice person who wants abortion on demand under all circumstances.

In a perfect world there'd be zero abortions.

Would you call someone who considers themself pro-life, to be pro-abortion if they have want a woman who was raped or got pregnant through incest to be able to have an abortion legally?

Lying doesn't alter reality.

There are two sides, pro and anti.

I'm pro-choice when it comes to cigarette smoking, I absolutely hate that shit and wish they didn't exist. That doesn't make me pro-cigarrettes.

Yes it does.

Same goes for abortions.

Yep, you're pro-abortion.

If that's your label of pro-abortion, than you yourself are pro-abortion as you say up to 6 weeks, but i disagree with the label.

Like I said, I'm a moderate.

I'm also honest. I do support abortion up to the start of life.

And I would expect those results from a pro-life website, but here's an actual poll that gives a better understanding.

It says the same thing.

{Since 1994, Gallup has also asked those who think abortion should be legal under certain circumstances to say whether it should be legal in "most" or "only a few" circumstances. On this basis, Americans are rather conservative in their stance on abortion, with 61% now preferring that abortion be legal in only a few circumstances or no circumstances}

The more honest poll shows it's about 50/50 with minor changes to each side. Right now it's at 45% pro-choice, 47% pro-life.

Pro-Abortion is the minority position, and declining. Medical science reveals that abortion is the killing of a human - this cannot be denied. Abortion is only supported by ignorance. As Americans become informed, they oppose abortion.

No, it certainly isn't. That many support abortion in the case of rape and incest is irrelevant.

{This includes 27% wanting abortion legal in all cases }

Even with Gallup, your side is only 27%

Lying doesn't alter reality.

There are two sides, pro and anti.

I'm pro-choice when it comes to cigarette smoking, I absolutely hate that shit and wish they didn't exist. That doesn't make me pro-cigarrettes.

Yes it does.

Yep, you're pro-abortion.

Like I said, I'm a moderate.

I'm also honest. I do support abortion up to the start of life.

It says the same thing.

{Since 1994, Gallup has also asked those who think abortion should be legal under certain circumstances to say whether it should be legal in "most" or "only a few" circumstances. On this basis, Americans are rather conservative in their stance on abortion, with 61% now preferring that abortion be legal in only a few circumstances or no circumstances}

Pro-Abortion is the minority position, and declining. Medical science reveals that abortion is the killing of a human - this cannot be denied. Abortion is only supported by ignorance. As Americans become informed, they oppose abortion.

No, it certainly isn't. That many support abortion in the case of rape and incest is irrelevant.

{This includes 27% wanting abortion legal in all cases }

Even with Gallup, your side is only 27%

No it's not the least bit irrelevent.

50% or more of americans want abortions legal with stipulations. Whether it be before a certain time, in the cases of rape, or the cases of incest, or what have you.

No in those situations I personally wouldn't label you pro-torture, pro-hunting or pro-hummers.

I've never talked to or met any pro-choice person who wants abortion on demand under all circumstances.

In a perfect world there'd be zero abortions.

Would you call someone who considers themself pro-life, to be pro-abortion if they have want a woman who was raped or got pregnant through incest to be able to have an abortion legally?

S/he would certainly be pro-abortion in extreme circumstances now wouldn't he or she?

I define somebody as pro abortion who doesn't see the developing baby as a human being or somebody worthy of consideration. Who thinks abortion on demand for any reason as okay at least up to a certain point (which makes absolutely no sense to me as I can't see any part of human development as somehow less important as any other part of human development.)

We are pro anything that we want to be legal no matter what it is. And if you honestly think me thinking there are circumstances in which enhanced interrogation is the moral choice is not being pro-enhanced interrogation, you are very VERY different from most leftists and even some on the right who think anybody who does not condemn such mesures is absolutely pro-torture and have accused the previous administration of being that.

Forum List

Back