A question for the pro-abortion aka pro-choice crowd

Odd that someone with the name koshergirl would be the biggest anti-semite on the board.

And you criticize others for calling people Nazis?

ROFL

I've never seen anything approaching Antisemitic from Koshergirl.

Anyone who downplays the holocaust or the evil nature of Nazis is making anti-semtic remarks. She does it repeatedly.

Uh, no, they aren't.

Fucking idiot.

Not that it matters, I haven't downplayed the holocaust OR the evil nature of nazis. I've just noted the correlation between Nazis and the revolting monsters who defend the nazi practice of aborting children seen as a drag upon the population.

I'm not downplaying the holocaust. I recognize holocaust when I see it. You and your friends have butchered more babies than Hitler ever dreamed of.

You joined the convo late, no it doesn't mean pro-abortion.

Lying doesn't alter reality.

There are two sides, pro and anti.

Yes it does.

Yep, you're pro-abortion.

Like I said, I'm a moderate.

I'm also honest. I do support abortion up to the start of life.

It says the same thing.

{Since 1994, Gallup has also asked those who think abortion should be legal under certain circumstances to say whether it should be legal in "most" or "only a few" circumstances. On this basis, Americans are rather conservative in their stance on abortion, with 61% now preferring that abortion be legal in only a few circumstances or no circumstances}

Pro-Abortion is the minority position, and declining. Medical science reveals that abortion is the killing of a human - this cannot be denied. Abortion is only supported by ignorance. As Americans become informed, they oppose abortion.

The sampling error in the poll is +/- 4%, so it's pretty much 50/50.

No, it certainly isn't. That many support abortion in the case of rape and incest is irrelevant.

{This includes 27% wanting abortion legal in all cases }

Even with Gallup, your side is only 27%

No it's not the least bit irrelevent.

50% or more of americans want abortions legal with stipulations. Whether it be before a certain time, in the cases of rape, or the cases of incest, or what have you.

Irrelevant. Abortion has always been legal in those instances. It's the baby killers who pretend it wasn't and who pretend we must have legalized abortion across the board in order to serve the few cases that fall under that description.

And you criticize others for calling people Nazis?

ROFL

I've never seen anything approaching Antisemitic from Koshergirl.

Anyone who downplays the holocaust or the evil nature of Nazis is making anti-semtic remarks. She does it repeatedly.

Uh, no, they aren't.

Fucking idiot.

Not that it matters, I haven't downplayed the holocaust OR the evil nature of nazis. I've just noted the correlation between Nazis and the revolting monsters who defend the nazi practice of aborting children seen as a drag upon the population.

I'm not downplaying the holocaust. I recognize holocaust when I see it. You and your friends have butchered more babies than Hitler ever dreamed of.

Me and my friends lol that's cute, I've performed as many abortions as you have sweetheart and we pay taxes to the same gov't if you're a U.S. citizen.

Glad to see someone who takes Jesus's Golden Rule so seriously :lol:.

Lying doesn't alter reality.

There are two sides, pro and anti.

Yes it does.

Yep, you're pro-abortion.

Like I said, I'm a moderate.

I'm also honest. I do support abortion up to the start of life.

It says the same thing.

{Since 1994, Gallup has also asked those who think abortion should be legal under certain circumstances to say whether it should be legal in "most" or "only a few" circumstances. On this basis, Americans are rather conservative in their stance on abortion, with 61% now preferring that abortion be legal in only a few circumstances or no circumstances}

Pro-Abortion is the minority position, and declining. Medical science reveals that abortion is the killing of a human - this cannot be denied. Abortion is only supported by ignorance. As Americans become informed, they oppose abortion.

No, it certainly isn't. That many support abortion in the case of rape and incest is irrelevant.

{This includes 27% wanting abortion legal in all cases }

Even with Gallup, your side is only 27%

No it's not the least bit irrelevent.

50% or more of americans want abortions legal with stipulations. Whether it be before a certain time, in the cases of rape, or the cases of incest, or what have you.

Irrelevant. Abortion has always been legal in those instances. It's the baby killers who pretend it wasn't and who pretend we must have legalized abortion across the board in order to serve the few cases that fall under that description.

What's the difference if it's rape or incest? Wouldn't in your opinion that be baby killing as well?

Well let's consider the term pro-abortion:

If I said I could not ever waterboard somebody but I want it to remain legal and available, would you say that I was pro-water boarding or even pro-torture?

If I said I could not ever shoot a deer--in fact I DID say that just this week--but I want hunting to remain legal and accessible for those who enjoy it or who need the meat, would you say that I am pro hunting?

If I said I would never buy a Hummer but support them being legal and available to those who want one, would you say I am pro big car/vehicle/Hummer?

So If I said I would never have an abortion for any but the most extreme reason but want abortion on demand under all circumstances to be safe, legal, accessible, and free to the poor. . . . . .

No in those situations I personally wouldn't label you pro-torture, pro-hunting or pro-hummers.

I've never talked to or met any pro-choice person who wants abortion on demand under all circumstances.

In a perfect world there'd be zero abortions.

Would you call someone who considers themself pro-life, to be pro-abortion if they have want a woman who was raped or got pregnant through incest to be able to have an abortion legally?

S/he would certainly be pro-abortion in extreme circumstances now wouldn't he or she?

I define somebody as pro abortion who doesn't see the developing baby as a human being or somebody worthy of consideration. Who thinks abortion on demand for any reason as okay at least up to a certain point (which makes absolutely no sense to me as I can't see any part of human development as somehow less important as any other part of human development.)

We are pro anything that we want to be legal no matter what it is. And if you honestly think me thinking there are circumstances in which enhanced interrogation is the moral choice is not being pro-enhanced interrogation, you are very VERY different from most leftists and even some on the right who think anybody who does not condemn such mesures is absolutely pro-torture and have accused the previous administration of being that.

Yeah that's what's really confusing to me. If someone really views it as baby killing in all instances, how can someone be ok with baby killing in the case of rape or incest?

Doesn't matter, it has always been legal to abort those babies, and it's a lie to pretend it hasn't. Kindly refrain from lying about the necessity of legalized abortion as if that's the only way women have been able to obtain medically necessary abortions or to end pregnancies that are the product of violence.

Again, please stop pretending that the rape/incest question has any bearing. It's a red herring. Plus it's just a lie.

Regarding public support for abortion rights, here is the latest poll I could find (it's from this year): Harris Interactive: Press Releases > Americans Show Rising Support for Abortion Rights: Poll

You have to do a little math to figure it out.

First, 36% of respondents said abortion should be allowed "under all circumstances."

47% said abortion should be allowed "under some circumstances," but you can't just add that together with the 36% who said always, because "under some circumstances" could mean only in the first 6 months or it could mean only to save the mother's life. Generally, those who would allow abortion only to save the mother or in cases of rape or incest are considered pro-life, not pro-choice.

So you need to scroll down further where it talks about "when should abortions be permitted" and find that 75% of the "some circumstances" people believe that abortion should be allowed at least in the first trimester, which would be considered a moderate pro-choice position. So multiply that 75% times 47% and you get 35%. Add that to the 36% who said it should always be allowed, and the pro-choice population becomes 71% of Americans.

Doesn't matter, it has always been legal to abort those babies, and it's a lie to pretend it hasn't. Kindly refrain from lying about the necessity of legalized abortion as if that's the only way women have been able to obtain medically necessary abortions or to end pregnancies that are the product of violence.

I never said a word about when and if it was legal to have an abortion in the case of rape and incest.

I thought you said whether or not abortion was legal was irrelevent? Abortion is legal now, does that stop you from talking about it? No and it shouldn't.

I see I've really struck a nerve about rape and incest with you, probably because you notice the hypocrisy when someone has no issue with abortion in those instances but has an issue with abortion in every other instance.

It strikes a nerve because it is a dishonest argument, and that frustrates me. All the pro-abortionist monsters have to support their desire to see the babies of the poor and minorities wiped off the face of teh earth are lies. You can't be honest about the reasons you think we need abortion, so you make up reasons.

You pretend we need abortion to manage the huge numbers of rape and incest babies...but that's not true. We have never needed legalized abortion to provide women with the option of ridding themselves of those chidlren, provided they report...

It strikes a nerve because it is a dishonest argument, and that frustrates me. All the pro-abortionist monsters have to support their desire to see the babies of the poor and minorities wiped off the face of teh earth are lies. You can't be honest about the reasons you think we need abortion, so you make up reasons.

You pretend we need abortion to manage the huge numbers of rape and incest babies...but that's not true. We have never needed legalized abortion to provide women with the option of ridding themselves of those chidlren, provided they report...

I never said rape and incest are why abortion should be legal, that's the voices in your head. I can't be held responsible for what the many voices in your head say.

The hypocrisy is in those who say abortion should be legal up to a certain point in rape and incest cases, but illegal up to a certain point otherwise. There's lots of people who take this position. Maybe even you. That's probably the reason for you providing an even higher dose than your normal emotional diatribe.

I never said a word about when and if it was legal to have an abortion in the case of rape and incest.

I thought you said whether or not abortion was legal was irrelevent? Abortion is legal now, does that stop you from talking about it? No and it shouldn't.

I see I've really struck a nerve about rape and incest with you, probably because you notice the hypocrisy when someone has no issue with abortion in those instances but has an issue with abortion in every other instance.

LOL

You think yourself clever by engaging the same tired logical fallacies.

Abortion is the killing of a human. We kill humans at times, there are times it is justified. Many believe that killing is justified in the case of rape and incest.

Koshergirl is right, this a red herring the pro-abort side uses to create the illusion of support.

How many abortions are performed due to rape or incest?

1 in 10,000? 1 in 100,000? 1 in 500,000?

It has no bearing on the abortion debate, none at all.

So a potential for birth defects should make abortion legal? Fair enough.

You didn't address rape.

Your silly little logical fallacies go back to the 1960's. They are neither new nor clever.

Texas holds executions - so using your illogic, we MUST legalize murder in all 50 states regardless of circumstance....

After all, if anyone is killed for any reason, there can be no restraint.

I never said rape and incest are why abortion should be legal, that's the voices in your head. I can't be held responsible for what the many voices in your head say.

The hypocrisy is in those who say abortion should be legal up to a certain point in rape and incest cases, but illegal up to a certain point otherwise. There's lots of people who take this position. Maybe even you. That's probably the reason for you providing an even higher dose than your normal emotional diatribe.

You know full well that your 50% lie rests on rape and incest. 61% oppose and 27% support abortion, according to Gallup.

You rely on rape and incest to dishonestly distort the figures - as pro-aborts have done for years.

You didn't address rape.

Your silly little logical fallacies go back to the 1960's. They are neither new nor clever.

Texas holds executions - so using your illogic, we MUST legalize murder in all 50 states regardless of circumstance....

It's odd how you talk as if you're on the pro-life side, all the while being pro-choice yourself.

This is another instance where you and I agree for the most part, but you want to make everyone on the board think that you agree with fundamentalist point of view.

If rape and incest were magically done away with I'd still be pro-choice, so no I'm not trying to deflect. I just can't see how someone says they're pro life cuz they think abortion is baby killing but they have no moral issue with it in the cases of rape and incest.

You didn't address rape.

It's odd how you talk as if you're on the pro-life side, all the while being pro-choice yourself.

This is another instance where you and I agree for the most part, but you want to make everyone on the board think that you agree with fundamentalist point of view.

If rape and incest were magically done away with I'd still be pro-choice, so no I'm not trying to deflect. I just can't see how someone says they're pro life cuz they think abortion is baby killing but they have no moral issue with it in the cases of rape and incest.

It is baby killing... What will result if no action is taken? A BABY! If a child is not the result, then what is the need for an abortion? It's not 'life', right? :lol: You're completely whacked. :lol:

Uh, no, they aren't.

Fucking idiot.

Me and my friends lol that's cute, I've performed as many abortions as you have sweetheart and we pay taxes to the same gov't if you're a U.S. citizen.

Glad to see someone who takes Jesus's Golden Rule so seriously :lol:.

OMFG. I cannot believe she's still spouting the same shit, lo these many days later.

It is baby killing... What will result if no action is taken? A BABY! If a child is not the result, then what is the need for an abortion? It's not 'life', right? :lol: You're completely whacked. :lol:

So if an abortion takes place in the case of rape or incest, you view that as baby killing right? And those people who want abortions legal in those instances only, are pro-baby killing, right?

Forum List

Back