A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

First of all, you must realize that everyone in America doesn’t share the same views as yours of (a) who the creator is and (b) what he wants for us. Some people are Muslims, some are diests, some are athiests, some are Hindus, some are Buddhists, some are just “spiritual”, some are undecided, and some are Christians who simply interpret the Bible in a different way than you do. What makes your view more important than anyone elses? Why do you want to make it so that EVERYONE in America conforms to you?

Secondly, isn’t this supposed to be America – home of the free? Isn’t one of the reasons our nation is SO GREAT is that we as free Americans can decide how we – as individuals – would like to live our lives? If an American female walks down the street with purple spiked hair, and a T-shirt that says “Screw Obama”, she won’t have anything to fear. If the same female did that in Iran, and the T-shirt said “Screw Ahmadinejad”, her life might be seriously at risk by the government.

First you ban Same Sex marriage because it’s against what you believe your creator wants, then what’s next? Do you ban all books that criticize the Christian faith? Do you ban music that might teach kids to dislike Christianity? Do you make Sunday Church mandatory for all US Citizens, because that’s what the creator wants? I mean, where does your big government end?

Big, I’m not going to tell you how to live your life. You can do whatever you want, and live it in accordance with your Christian views. You can teach your children those Christian views at home, and no one is going to stop you.

How about you afford everyone else that same respect, and quit telling them what to do?

No time since I have been here have I ever claimed to be a Christian.

I cannot support someones right that is abnormal and illegal can you support someones right to be a Prostitution?

Note - I think I said "big" in this post, but meant to direct at the originator, Youwerecreated. Just was a typo, sorry for the confusion.

If prostitution is legalized, you won't be forced to support it or take part in it in any way. I promise.

Also, do you consider yourself a Christian - by the way - if I might ask?

A Christian will never support anything that is a conflict with pleasing God. You can't serve two masters.

God to a Christian is bigger then our constitution and comes first even when new laws are made. If laws are made by man that conflict with Gods law which law should the Christian support ?

I am a full supporter of our constitution and our laws but there is a limit to that support,the limit is when they conflict with Gods law.

Ok I guess that made my views clear enough.

A Christian will never support anything that is a conflict with pleasing God. You can't serve two masters.

God to a Christian is bigger then our constitution and comes first even when new laws are made. If laws are made by man that conflict with Gods law which law should the Christian support ?

I am a full supporter of our constitution and our laws but there is a limit to that support,the limit is when they conflict with Gods law.

If prostitution is legalized, how are you going to be forced to “support” it exactly? Government mandates are unconstitutional – and I don’t think anyone is going to force you to give money, donate, volunteer, or provide assistance to the Brothels. You don’t have to support it one bit.

In fact, you can still live your life in total opposition to prostitution, and teach your children that the practice is wrong and immoral.

Let me ask you this, is it true that under your logic, ALL things that go against the “creator’s” wishes should be made illegal, including alcohol (getting intoxicated), playing anti-Christian music, practicing a Muslim faith, reading a book about Atheism, ect, ect should be made illegal too, right?

If no, then why do you you pick and choose?

If prostitution is legalized, how are you going to be forced to “support” it exactly? Government mandates are unconstitutional – and I don’t think anyone is going to force you to give money, donate, volunteer, or provide assistance to the Brothels. You don’t have to support it one bit.

In fact, you can still live your life in total opposition to prostitution, and teach your children that the practice is wrong and immoral.

Let me ask you this, is it true that under your logic, ALL things that go against the “creator’s” wishes should be made illegal, including alcohol (getting intoxicated), playing anti-Christian music, practicing a Muslim faith, reading a book about Atheism, ect, ect should be made illegal too, right?

Our society should be built on morals period do you agree ?

Yes many things should be changed God is clear on drunkards as well. It will never happen because there are just too many people including Christians voting that do not put Gods laws first.

This is what Jesus spoke about.

Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it.
Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Last edited:

Let me put it this way. I think we should all teach our children – privately – what is right and what is wrong based on our own personal beliefs (morals). However, I don’t want our government to force upon the entire population the morals of any ONE SINGULAR group, as it is wholly unfair.

Do you need the government to help teach your kids the difference between what you think is right and what you think is wrong?

Now I’m all for the government punishing actions that infringe on the rights of others, but when it comes to actions that have no effect on anyone else but the person(s) taking part in the action, I see no reason to make it illegal.

It’s not my job – or yours – to define social morality for everyone else. We ought to have the freedom to define that ourselves.

Let me put it this way. I think we should all teach our children – privately – what is right and what is wrong based on our own personal beliefs (morals). However, I don’t want our government to force upon the entire population the morals of any ONE SINGULAR group, as it is wholly unfair.

Do you need the government to help teach your kids the difference between what you think is right and what you think is wrong?

Now I’m all for the government punishing actions that infringe on the rights of others, but when it comes to actions that have no effect on anyone else but the person(s) taking part in the action, I see no reason to make it illegal.

It’s not my job – or yours – to define social morality for everyone else. We ought to have the freedom to define that ourselves.

I believe our government are making immoral laws.

Jesus said you will love the master you serve and hate the one you don't. That is where a true Christian is we give unto caesars what is caesars and give unto God which belongs to God.

Let me ask you a question are a Christians views and life style a threat to you ?

Let me ask you a question are a Christians views and life style a threat to you ?

Of course not! Some of my favorite people are Christians, and I am actually a fan of Jesus's wise teachings of treating others with respect, and to live a life of charity and sacrifice for others.

But you want to know what is a threat to me? Christians using the government (that I am governed under) to force their Christian lifestyle upon me. I don't want to be forced to live a Christian life, as I think people ought to be able to choose what sort of life they want to live (so long as it's not hurting anyone else).

Last edited:
Except that's not happening. How exactly are you being forced to live a Christian lifestyle?

So I guess you must be threatened by them.

Except that's not happening. How exactly are you being forced to live a Christian lifestyle?

So I guess you must be threatened by them.

Kosher – Do you think the Bible is ever cited as a reason to lobby against same-sex marriage? If so, then isn’t that an example where Christians are legislating into law their own personal religious beliefs, and forcing everyone else in that society – Christian and Non-Christian – to adhere to those principles?

It's those sorts of things I feel threatened by.

Of course not! Some of my favorite people are Christians, and I am actually a fan of Jesus's wise teachings of treating others with respect, and to live a life of charity and sacrifice for others.

But you want to know what is a threat to me? Christians using the government (that I am governed under) to force their Christian lifestyle upon me. I don't want to be forced to live a Christian life, as I think people ought to be able to choose what sort of life they want to live (so long as it's not hurting anyone else).

You mean a Christian should not vote with their heart ? Or maybe a Christian should not vote at all ? All who vote are using the government to force their views on all who are governed by the government and people that vote for laws that go against Gods law are forcing their views on me as a Christian and all Christians.

The god of this world will win out for now we were warned of this.

2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ones, so that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (who is the image of God) should not dawn on them.

Rev 16:14 These evil spirits had the power to work miracles. They went to every king on earth, to bring them together for a war against God All-Powerful. But that will be the day of God's great victory.

You can clearly see by the scriptures that is what you are defending.

Last edited:

You mean a Christian should not vote with their heart ? Or maybe a Christian should not vote at all ? All who vote are using the government to force their views on all who are governed by the government and people that vote for laws that go against Gods law are forcing their views on me as a Christian and all Christians.

2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ones, so that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (who is the image of God) should not dawn on them.

Rev 16:14 These evil spirits had the power to work miracles. They went to every king on earth, to bring them together for a war against God All-Powerful. But that will be the day of God's great victory.

I'm just saying that it's my personal belief that actions that don't infringe on the rights of others shouldn't be put up for a vote. To do so is only restricting our personal liberties unnecessarily.

I'm just saying that it's my personal belief that actions that don't infringe on the rights of others shouldn't be put up for a vote. To do so is only restricting our personal liberties unnecessarily.

Laws are set for governing should laws reflect morals ?

Again, and I'm not dodging your questions, but I think the primary reason for a law is to protect one citizen from having his/her rights infringed upon by another citizen.

The purpose of government, however is not - in my view - to micromanage our morals. That job should be the job of the individual parents.

It's a question of Big Government vs Small Government. I tend to support the latter.

Again, and I'm not dodging your questions, but I think the primary reason for a law is to protect one citizen from having his/her rights infringed upon by another citizen.

The purpose of government, however is not - in my view - to micromanage our morals. That job should be the job of the individual parents.

It's a question of Big Government vs Small Government. I tend to support the latter.

But a persons right should not be protected if immoral.

A right is protected whether or not the right is immoral. The question of whether or not a right should be protected is a question of legality, not morality.

A right is protected whether or not the right is immoral. The question of whether or not a right should be protected is a question of legality, not morality.

The is no protection of rights when the acts are illegal.

I agree

But what about if the act is considered immoral. Rights can still be protected under such a condition.
You're contradicting yourself in your last post you said

The question of whether or not a right should be protected is a question of legality, not morality
Since according to you morals is not the issue.

Last edited:

Just because something is illegal now, doesn't mean it should be illegal.

Marijuana is one example. If you research why marijuana was originally criminalized, you will find that three of the primary drivers behind this (in the 1930's I believe) was (1) racism, (2) deception, and (3) personal gain. So just because Marijuana is illegal now, do you think it should remain illegal?

Forum List

Back