A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

I have to repeat myself a lot when talking with you, have you noticed?

The reason I posted the article is to refute the "Marriage has always been about 1 man & 1 woman" or the "The definition of marriage has been the same for 2000 years".

I never intended for the article to be about whether or not Christianity allows gay marriage. I know it does not. But the fact that Christianity doesn't allow it doesn't matter when discussing US Federal Law.

Gay marriage has never been ordained by the church

According to...??? The link I posted shows research suggesting that the catholic church did, in fact, ordain marriage between two men. And that it used the same rituals and ceremony.

If you have some evidence to the contrary, I would be glad to see it.

WTF? What in the fuck is this?

I never intended for the article to be about whether or not Christianity allows gay marriage. I know it does not. But the fact that Christianity doesn't allow it doesn't matter when discussing US Federal Law

Now are you arguing that the church does ordain gay marriage?

Gay marriage has never been ordained by the church

According to...??? The link I posted shows research suggesting that the catholic church did, in fact, ordain marriage between two men. And that it used the same rituals and ceremony.

I never intended for the article to be about whether or not Christianity allows gay marriage. I know it does not. But the fact that Christianity doesn't allow it doesn't matter when discussing US Federal Law

According to the researcher, the catholic church did ordain gay marriage.

According to the Bible the church does not ordain gay marriage

The Bible can be interpreted in many different ways, as it's a long book with many different authors compiled over a long period of time and reflected over a wide range of languages.

Some Christian churches may interpret that the Bible allows gay marriage, others (probably great majority) do not.

But unless you speak to God on a personal basis, you do not know for sure:

(a) whether or not he/she actually exists.
(b) what his/her true intentions, wants, or expectations are.

Everything is an interpretation, and there are no absolutes.

The Bible can be interpreted in many different ways, as it's a long book with many different authors compiled over a long period of time and reflected over a wide range of languages.

Some Christian churches may interpret that the Bible allows gay marriage, others (probably great majority) do not.

There is only one way to interpret this

18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Gay marriage affects no one. Let them marry. No problem. What is the big deal anyway?

I just think that some people are so incredibly smart and gifted that they know what's best NOT just for their own life, but everyone's life as well, and will stop at nothing to make sure that the entire United States population is living in accordance with what they personally designate as right or wrong.

Sure, it's a form of tyranny, but it's good tyranny because it saves the rest of us wretched souls from spending an eternity in hell.

18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

I don't see anything about marriage in those passages, nor do I see anything condemning homosexuality.

I don't see anything about marriage in those passages, nor do I see anything condemning homosexuality.

Where is the part about a man leaving his parents and cleaving to his husband and being one flesh??
What exactly is a wife in regards to a man? Is that not the term of being married?

Last edited:

I speak to God on a personal basis.

I know for sure he actually exists.
I know exactly what his true intentions are, because he outlines them in the bible.

There are absolutes.

Where is the part about a man leaving his parents and cleaving to his husband and being one flesh??
What exactly is a wife in regards to a man? Is that not the term of being married?

Whoops, I stand corrected. Kudos.

I know exactly what his true intentions are, because he outlines them in the bible.

There are absolutes.

Kosher, I'm not calling you a liar, but I seriously doubt you have reoccurring, out-loud conversations directly with god.

Also, there are millions of others who claim to be absolutely sure that their non-Christian religion is "absolutely correct", so how do we reconcile that?

I say leave all religion out of public policy making, as it's simply too controversial...

There are absolutes.

Kosher, I'm not calling you a liar, but I seriously doubt you have reoccurring, out-loud conversations directly with god.

Also, there are millions of others who claim to be absolutely sure that their non-Christian religion is "absolutely correct", so how do we reconcile that?

I say leave all religion out of public policy making, as it's simply too controversial...

If we look the other way from our morals and Gods law just to make secualrists happy are we pleasing our creator ?

Then stop making it an issue.

It's not an issue. As a straight married man I see no threat to myself or others if same-sex individuals are also allowed to partake in marriage on the public level.

As for the private institutions like churches - I believe they should be allowed sovereignty to define marriage for themselves on their own terms.

If we look the other way from our morals and Gods law just to make secualrists happy are we pleasing our creator ?

First of all, you must realize that everyone in America doesn’t share the same views as yours of (a) who the creator is and (b) what he wants for us. Some Americans are Muslims, some Americans are diests, some Americans are athiests, some Americans are Hindus, some Americans are Buddhists, some Americans are just “spiritual”, some Americans are undecided, and some Americans are Christians who simply interpret the Bible in a different way than you do. What makes your view more important than anyone elses? Why do you want to make it so that EVERYONE in America conforms to you?

Secondly, isn’t this supposed to be America – home of the free? Isn’t one of the reasons our nation is SO GREAT is that we as free Americans can decide how we – as individuals – would like to live our lives (as long as it's hurting no one else)?

If an American female walks down the street with purple spiked hair, and a T-shirt that says “Screw Obama”, she won’t have anything to fear. If the same female did that in Iran, and the T-shirt said “Screw Ahmadinejad”, her life might be seriously at risk by the government.

First you ban Same Sex marriage because it’s against what you believe your creator wants, then what’s next? Do you ban all books that criticize the Christian faith? Do you ban music that could be interpreted as anti-Christian? Do you make Sunday Church mandatory for all US Citizens, because that’s what the creator wants? I mean, where does your big government end?

I’m not going to tell you how to live your life. You can do whatever you want, and live it in accordance with your Christian views. You can teach your children those Christian views at home, and no one is going to stop you. I will always fight to protect your right to believe what you want to believe, in peace.

So in exchange, how about you afford everyone else that same respect, and quit telling them what to do?

Last edited:
First of all, you must realize that everyone in America doesn’t share the same views as yours of (a) who the creator is and (b) what he wants for us. Some people are Muslims, some are diests, some are athiests, some are Hindus, some are Buddhists, some are just “spiritual”, some are undecided, and some are Christians who simply interpret the Bible in a different way than you do. What makes your view more important than anyone elses? Why do you want to make it so that EVERYONE in America conforms to you?

Secondly, isn’t this supposed to be America – home of the free? Isn’t one of the reasons our nation is SO GREAT is that we as free Americans can decide how we – as individuals – would like to live our lives? If an American female walks down the street with purple spiked hair, and a T-shirt that says “Screw Obama”, she won’t have anything to fear. If the same female did that in Iran, and the T-shirt said “Screw Ahmadinejad”, her life might be seriously at risk by the government.

First you ban Same Sex marriage because it’s against what you believe your creator wants, then what’s next? Do you ban all books that criticize the Christian faith? Do you ban music that might teach kids to dislike Christianity? Do you make Sunday Church mandatory for all US Citizens, because that’s what the creator wants? I mean, where does your big government end?

Big, I’m not going to tell you how to live your life. You can do whatever you want, and live it in accordance with your Christian views. You can teach your children those Christian views at home, and no one is going to stop you.

How about you afford everyone else that same respect, and quit telling them what to do?

No time since I have been here have I ever claimed to be a Christian.

I cannot support someones right that is abnormal and illegal can you support someones right to be a Prostitution?

First of all, you must realize that everyone in America doesn’t share the same views as yours of (a) who the creator is and (b) what he wants for us. Some people are Muslims, some are diests, some are athiests, some are Hindus, some are Buddhists, some are just “spiritual”, some are undecided, and some are Christians who simply interpret the Bible in a different way than you do. What makes your view more important than anyone elses? Why do you want to make it so that EVERYONE in America conforms to you?

Secondly, isn’t this supposed to be America – home of the free? Isn’t one of the reasons our nation is SO GREAT is that we as free Americans can decide how we – as individuals – would like to live our lives? If an American female walks down the street with purple spiked hair, and a T-shirt that says “Screw Obama”, she won’t have anything to fear. If the same female did that in Iran, and the T-shirt said “Screw Ahmadinejad”, her life might be seriously at risk by the government.

First you ban Same Sex marriage because it’s against what you believe your creator wants, then what’s next? Do you ban all books that criticize the Christian faith? Do you ban music that might teach kids to dislike Christianity? Do you make Sunday Church mandatory for all US Citizens, because that’s what the creator wants? I mean, where does your big government end?

Big, I’m not going to tell you how to live your life. You can do whatever you want, and live it in accordance with your Christian views. You can teach your children those Christian views at home, and no one is going to stop you.

How about you afford everyone else that same respect, and quit telling them what to do?

No time since I have been here have I ever claimed to be a Christian.

I cannot support someones right that is abnormal and illegal can you support someones right to be a Prostitution?

Note - I think I said "big" in this post, but meant to direct at the originator, Youwerecreated. Just was a typo, sorry for the confusion.

If prostitution is legalized, you won't be forced to support it or take part in it in any way. I promise.

Also, do you consider yourself a Christian - by the way - if I might ask?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back