A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

No, I don't have the privilege of marrying whomever I want.

I can't marry someone who is already married, for example.

I can't marry my child.

I can't marry my brother, my father, or my uncle.

I can't marry my dog, and I can't marry more than one person, no matter HOW much I love them.

And I can't marry a person of the same sex.

But you aren't in love with any of those people.

That doesn't matter....besides which, you don't know, maybe I am. How many women have you met that have fallen in love with married men? Did they want to marry? Could they?

PS..I'm still waiting for whichever imbecile made the claim that gay marriage has the exact same strengths as hetero marriages to back up that claim,

and I'm still waiting for ac to make his point about immorality et al. So far he's just asking ridiculous questions that he thinks he knows the answers to, but making no point at all.

I believe I have already stated several points which show gay marriage offers the same advantages. I asked you to give me benefits society gains from straight marriages that will not be gained from gay marriages.

But what the hell....

Society gains from marriages:

1) Stable relationships provide stable homes for children. (both gay and straight do that)

2) Married couples tend to buy homes and provide economic advantages for their communities. (both gay and straight do that)

That isn't confirmation, skippy. Provide some evidence to back up what you have stated.

I want to marry a goat. That way when it ages I can tell everyone that I truly AM married some some old goat. Bahahahaha

I can't marry my child.

I can't marry my dog, and I can't marry more than one person, no matter HOW much I love them.

Kosher - If same-sex adult, consenting American citizens are allowed to marry, how will this adversely affect your day to day existence?

Just wondering... trying to pick your brain...

It doesn't have to affect me, personally, day to day. The fact that there is a vibrant human trafficking industry isn't affecting my day to day existence, either.

But we protect the institution of marriage because we build our society upon it, and because that is the primary, best construct we have to support our continued success....because it provides the very best foundation for children to grow up in. A male/female headed household is the best, safest, most comfortable environment for raising children. We, as a society, protect our interests, as a society, by protecting and rewarding that behavior that is most likely to result in our continued success and excellence.

If gays want to be married, then gays can participate. If they don't want to be married, that's fine, they can do their own thing. But we are not obligated to REWARD them with those rewards we reserve for the structure that has the best chance of producing stable, high functioning, successful members of society.

This is along the lines of "everybody's a winner!" You have to reward excellence and positive behavior. If you reward everybody regardless of whether they participate in those activities and constructs that we recognize as good, then you have no winners at all, and nobody is motivated to participate in the spirit of excellence.

If you don't run the race, you have no chance of winning the trophy. And if you don't run the race, it's not our job to pretend you have, and call you a triathelete, anyway.

PS..I'm still waiting for whichever imbecile made the claim that gay marriage has the exact same strengths as hetero marriages to back up that claim,

and I'm still waiting for ac to make his point about immorality et al. So far he's just asking ridiculous questions that he thinks he knows the answers to, but making no point at all.

I believe I have already stated several points which show gay marriage offers the same advantages. I asked you to give me benefits society gains from straight marriages that will not be gained from gay marriages.

But what the hell....

Society gains from marriages:

1) Stable relationships provide stable homes for children. (both gay and straight do that)

2) Married couples tend to buy homes and provide economic advantages for their communities. (both gay and straight do that)
Abnormal is not stable

Besides which, there's no evidence they are just as stable, or the children in households with homosexual parents are just as successful.

In fact, there's evidence to the contrary..but the homosexual lobby is a powerful one, tied to PP and the Kinsey Institute, and the APA, and they scramble VERY quickly to negate any perception that being exposed to sexual deviancy is harmful to children.

I can't marry my child.

Kosher - If same-sex adult, consenting American citizens are allowed to marry, how will this adversely affect your day to day existence?

Just wondering... trying to pick your brain...

It doesn't have to affect me, personally, day to day. The fact that there is a vibrant human trafficking industry isn't affecting my day to day existence, either.

But we protect the institution of marriage because we build our society upon it, and because that is the primary, best construct we have to support our continued success....because it provides the very best foundation for children to grow up in. A male/female headed household is the best, safest, most comfortable environment for raising children. We, as a society, protect our interests, as a society, by protecting and rewarding that behavior that is most likely to result in our continued success and excellence.

If gays want to be married, then gays can participate. If they don't want to be married, that's fine, they can do their own thing. But we are not obligated to REWARD them with those rewards we reserve for the structure that has the best chance of producing stable, high functioning, successful members of society.

This is along the lines of "everybody's a winner!" You have to reward excellence and positive behavior. If you reward everybody regardless of whether they participate in those activities and constructs that we recognize as good, then you have no winners at all, and nobody is motivated to participate in the spirit of excellence.

If you don't run the race, you have no chance of winning the trophy. And if you don't run the race, it's not our job to pretend you have, and call you a triathelete, anyway.

Well Kosh, that's your opinion. I happen to think that marriage isn't all about just the kids, and I also happen to think that gay parents are just as capable as straight parents to effectively raise children.

But I'm sure we could debate forever on this point and would likely never reach agreement..

I can't marry my child.

That doesn't matter....besides which, you don't know, maybe I am. How many women have you met that have fallen in love with married men? Did they want to marry? Could they?

You already know the answer. So a free gay or lesbian cannot marry a married one. That should be the restriction.

You already know the answer. So a free gay or lesbian cannot marry a married one. That should be the restriction.

No, because it isn't about what they want. It's about what we want for our society.

We want well adjusted kids who are given the best chance to be successful, and we can choose to reward, or not reward, behavior based upon our understanding of what is best for kids.

In addition to not being ‘reasonable,’ the OP’s ‘solution’ is un-Constitutional.

Besides which, there's no evidence they are just as stable, or the children in households with homosexual parents are just as successful.

In fact, there's evidence to the contrary..but the homosexual lobby is a powerful one, tied to PP and the Kinsey Institute, and the APA, and they scramble VERY quickly to negate any perception that being exposed to sexual deviancy is harmful to children.

Nonsense.

All the evidence introduced at trial demonstrated children with same-sex parents were just as healthy and well adjusted as children raised by opposite-sex parents. Indeed, supporters of Proposition 8 were unable to find any objective, substantiated evidence in support of their claim that children of same-sex couples were in any sort of ‘jeopardy.’

Everybody should swing by this thread

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...of-false-rape-allegations-twin-daughters.html

Which has 47 reads and no responses. Gee, I wonder why.

But something is not quit right with the out come. Even before they did DNA samples there should have been some kind of sign that the girls had been assault Surely there was reason they did the test, their had to be some kind of psychical damage to the little girls that would cause them to conduct DNA tests. And if that's the case those children should be taken away from him.

In addition to not being ‘reasonable,’ the OP’s ‘solution’ is un-Constitutional.

Nonsense.

All the evidence introduced at trial demonstrated children with same-sex parents were just as healthy and well adjusted as children raised by opposite-sex parents. Indeed, supporters of Proposition 8 were unable to find any objective, substantiated evidence in support of their claim that children of same-sex couples were in any sort of ‘jeopardy.’

Wrong.

Link it.

Nonsense.

Wrong.

Link your evidence that it is wrong.

I will as soon as someone links evidence that homosexual-led households are just as successful at raising well adjusted kids as hetero ones.

This is what's called affirming a negative. I don't have to affirm a negative. You prove your point, then I'll challenge it.

No, because it isn't about what they want. It's about what we want for our society.

We want well adjusted kids who are given the best chance to be successful, and we can choose to reward, or not reward, behavior based upon our understanding of what is best for kids.

And see? That's just wrong.

My nephew is a very productive, wonderful member of society, and he was raised by a lesbian mom in a committed relationship.

Good for him. That's anecdotal, and as such, doesn't count.

I know kids raised by lesbian couples who are perfectly normal as well. We're reaching for an ideal here...it doesn't mean that success can never occurr outside of the ideal. But you promote the ideal in order to stack the deck, anyway.

Forum List

Back