A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

Let them prove the nonsense that homosexual marriage is every bit as stable and "ideal" as hetero marriage for the purpose of raising children.

They have to prove that children in homosexual households have the same rate of success and stablity as those in hetero households...and they can't do it because that information doesn't exist.

And don't think the homosexual lobby wouldn't lie about it if they could. They certainly would, they are not averse to making shit up and calling it a "study"...PP and the Kinsey Institute are well known for that...

Let them prove the nonsense that homosexual marriage is every bit as stable and "ideal" as hetero marriage for the purpose of raising children.

They have to prove that children in homosexual households have the same rate of success and stablity as those in hetero households...and they can't do it because that information doesn't exist.

And don't think the homosexual lobby wouldn't lie about it if they could. They certainly would, they are not averse to making shit up and calling it a "study"...PP and the Kinsey Institute are well known for that...
True

"
Patricia Morgan, noted British sociologist and researcher, makes clear in her book Children as Trophies, the best current evidence DOES in fact show that children raised in homosexual households suffer from more problems than children raised in traditional ones. Even advocates of same-sex parenting like Rosie are forced to admit, when the question is asked, that having both a mother and a father is a better family form. Love alone does not make a family — a mother and father, committed to a life-long relationship either alone or raising their adoptive or biological children, does. Put simply, family form DOES matter. "

"We are in a situation strikingly similar to that of the no-fault divorce debates of the early 1970s. At the time, there was very little long-term data on the effects of divorce on children. Advocates of free and easy divorce jumped on any study — all of them inspired more by ideology than by sound social science — to prove their point. They won the battle, and we are now suffering from the legacy of no-fault divorce.

Thirty years later the "experts” of the 1970s have been PROVEN wrong. We know for instance, that children of divorce, in general, suffer from more social pathologies than children from traditional families. This knowledge is of little help to the generation of children that were robbed of fathers and mothers due to the myth of divorce without consequences."

Family Institute of Connecticut

You might have tried Google before you claimed the information didn't exist.

Study: Same-Sex Parents Raise Well-Adjusted Kids

"The vast consensus of all the studies shows that children of same-sex parents do as well as children whose parents are heterosexual in every way," she tells WebMD. "In some ways children of same-sex parents actually may have advantages over other family structures."

Children raised by gay couples show good progress through school

Children Raised by Lesbians Do Just Fine, Studies Show | LiveScience

Kids with Lesbian Parents May Do Better Than Their Peers - TIME

"The authors found that children raised by lesbian mothers — whether the mother was partnered or single — scored very similarly to children raised by heterosexual parents on measures of development and social behavior. These findings were expected, the authors said; however, they were surprised to discover that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression"

True

Not quite true.

"The vast consensus of all the studies shows that children of same-sex parents do as well as children whose parents are heterosexual in every way," she tells WebMD. "In some ways children of same-sex parents actually may have advantages over other family structures."

"The authors found that children raised by lesbian mothers — whether the mother was partnered or single — scored very similarly to children raised by heterosexual parents on measures of development and social behavior. These findings were expected, the authors said; however, they were surprised to discover that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression"
Are these studies like the historian that tried to rewrite the history of the Church and gay marriage?

PS..I'm still waiting for whichever imbecile made the claim that gay marriage has the exact same strengths as hetero marriages to back up that claim,

and I'm still waiting for ac to make his point about immorality et al. So far he's just asking ridiculous questions that he thinks he knows the answers to, but making no point at all.

I believe I have already stated several points which show gay marriage offers the same advantages. I asked you to give me benefits society gains from straight marriages that will not be gained from gay marriages.

But what the hell....

Society gains from marriages:

1) Stable relationships provide stable homes for children. (both gay and straight do that)

2) Married couples tend to buy homes and provide economic advantages for their communities. (both gay and straight do that)
Abnormal is not stable

Nor is it inherently unstable.

Are these studies like the historian that tried to rewrite the history of the Church and gay marriage?

You mean well written and done by competent people?

Why not research the links and argue the points instead of simply dismissing anything that disagrees with your point of view?

Why not research the links and argue the points instead of simply dismissing anything that disagrees with your point of view?
No I mean twisted too fit their agenda? Because when the abnormal is made to look all rosey something is not quite right.

That doesn't matter....besides which, you don't know, maybe I am. How many women have you met that have fallen in love with married men? Did they want to marry? Could they?

You already know the answer. So a free gay or lesbian cannot marry a married one. That should be the restriction.

No, because it isn't about what they want. It's about what we want for our society.

We want well adjusted kids who are given the best chance to be successful, and we can choose to reward, or not reward, behavior based upon our understanding of what is best for kids.

And numerous studies show children raised by gay parents are no different than children raised by straight parents.

I believe I have already stated several points which show gay marriage offers the same advantages. I asked you to give me benefits society gains from straight marriages that will not be gained from gay marriages.

But what the hell....

Society gains from marriages:

1) Stable relationships provide stable homes for children. (both gay and straight do that)

2) Married couples tend to buy homes and provide economic advantages for their communities. (both gay and straight do that)
Abnormal is not stable

Nor is it inherently unstable.

Abnormal is not nor has it ever been stable.

No I mean twisted too fit their agenda? Because when the abnormal is made to look all rosey something is not quite right.

So any study that does not fit what you want it to say is, by definition, "twisted to fittheir agenda"?

When we start only accepting that which is 'normal', you have created a nasty society full of hate and lacking individuality.

So any study that does not fit what you want it to say is, by definition, "twisted to fittheir agenda"?

When we start only accepting that which is 'normal', you have created a nasty society full of hate and lacking individuality.

No but when study after study shows this rosy color of abnormal I tend to shut them off. Why bother if the studies fit a modern day agenda supporting gays>?

Why don't straights have to prove that before they can get married.

Abnormal is not nor has it ever been stable.

You make these claims, but there are plenty of gay couples are living in a stable relationship.
I make no claim but state what is normally seen as fact abnormal is not nor has it ever been stable. Unless you are redefining what is normal and abnormal.

The problem is that you are using "abnormal" to describe one single aspect of the person, and then making the huge leap of nonsense to try and infer that makes their entire existence abnormal.

While their sexual orientation can be called abnormal, owing to the relatively small number of homosexuals compared to heterosexuals, it does not address their ability to form stable relationships.

I defy you to show any evidence that it does. (and remember, you said abnormal has never been stable)

No but when study after study shows this rosy color of abnormal I tend to shut them off. Why bother if the studies fit a modern day agenda supporting gays>?

In other words, you will ignore anything that disagrees with you.

Did you even look at the links? Or are you afraid to see any evidence contrary to your small-minded beliefs?

In other words, you will ignore anything that disagrees with you.

Did you even look at the links? Or are you afraid to see any evidence contrary to your small-minded beliefs?

I want to see facts not an agenda motivate study to support the gay life style.

You make these claims, but there are plenty of gay couples are living in a stable relationship.
I make no claim but state what is normally seen as fact abnormal is not nor has it ever been stable. Unless you are redefining what is normal and abnormal.

The problem is that you are using "abnormal" to describe one single aspect of the person, and then making the huge leap of nonsense to try and infer that makes their entire existence abnormal.

While their sexual orientation can be called abnormal, owing to the relatively small number of homosexuals compared to heterosexuals, it does not address their ability to form stable relationships.

I defy you to show any evidence that it does. (and remember, you said abnormal has never been stable)

It's not normal to want to have a sexual relationship with someone of the same sex. Never has been never will be.

Forum List

Back