A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

I will remind you being black is not the same as being gay, so stop using loving vs Va. as a case point for gay marriage.

that would be incorrect. the pertinent part of Loving isn't necessarily the issue of race... it's the fact that marriage is a fundamental right that can't be denied to someone for discriminatory reasons.

so please stop ignoring what the court said when you know full well that Loving applies to the issue of gay rights.

You know full well that it doesn't. The issue here is what is a marriage. And that is what you want to pervert.

They don't want anything from it. They want to undermine the traditional family, remove any safety nets we provide for children, and normalize depravity. That's what it's about, that's what it has always been about.

The rest is just window dressing.

Well, I disagree.

The intention is not evil, or to "undermine the traditional family." Queers don't qive a second thought to traditional families: They are completely egocentric, hedonistic behaviorial deviants who could give a flip about anything except their own obscene desires.

Not true, Most homosexuals have a deep resentment that they have been cheated out of the chance of leading a normal life. This is why they act out with "in your face" behavior.

And you know this how exactly?

Well, the story goes something like this: Once upon a time Brucy Twinkletoes was Outed. He was then Bullied. To escape the unbearableness of being called a fudgepacker, Brucy blew his brains out.

Somewhere in the story the possibility that Brucy was a nutcase and this caused him to be a fudgepacker, and eventually made him blow his brains out, is lost.

And the bullying, name-calling, and hostility had no bearing on it at all?

The sin of suicide is MUCH WORSE than the sin of bullying.

While suicide is certainly a sin, I have no particular use for ranking sins.

Well, the story goes something like this: Once upon a time Brucy Twinkletoes was Outed. He was then Bullied. To escape the unbearableness of being called a fudgepacker, Brucy blew his brains out.

Somewhere in the story the possibility that Brucy was a nutcase and this caused him to be a fudgepacker, and eventually made him blow his brains out, is lost.

Queers are not the only people being bullied.

What about Fat Kids? Skinny Kids? Redhaired Kids? Kids that wear Glasses? Etc., etc., etc.

These groups do not claim they are committing suicide at a higher rate because they are bullied.

...yet, I'm supposed to believe that bullied queers commit suicide more because they are bullied?

Gays commit suicide because they have a mental disorder. People with mental disorders commit suicide at a higher rate than normal people.

What about Fat Kids? Skinny Kids? Redhaired Kids? Kids that wear Glasses? Etc., etc., etc.

These groups do not claim they are committing suicide at a higher rate because they are bullied.

...yet, I'm supposed to believe that bullied queers commit suicide more because they are bullied?

They aren't? Do a quick Google search on teen suicide. You will see article after article on teens who committed suicide because they were being bullied.

from: Bullying and teen suicide: Q&A with crisis interventionalist Gregory Cooper, BSN, RN : Christiana Care News

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 20 percent of high school kids are being bullied, but that number is probably quite low, because bullying primarily happens in middle school. Suicide is the third-leading cause of death in 10- to-24-year-olds, and several studies show a correlation between bullying and adolescent suicide."

The highest suicide rate is Men in their 50s. Are men in their 50s bullied?

Gays commit suicide because they have a mental disorder. People with mental disorders commit suicide at a higher rate than normal people.

Most gays I know are pretty normal and balanced people. Some are a bit weird, but so are some heterosexual people I know.

I will remind you being black is not the same as being gay, so stop using loving vs Va. as a case point for gay marriage.

that would be incorrect. the pertinent part of Loving isn't necessarily the issue of race... it's the fact that marriage is a fundamental right that can't be denied to someone for discriminatory reasons.

so please stop ignoring what the court said when you know full well that Loving applies to the issue of gay rights.

You know full well that it doesn't. The issue here is what is a marriage. And that is what you want to pervert.

I keep hearing people say gays want to pervert marriage. How, exactly, will allowing gays to marry have any effect on my marriage or your marriage?

50% of marriages end in divorce. Domestic violence is rampant. What will gays do that is worse?

They aren't? Do a quick Google search on teen suicide. You will see article after article on teens who committed suicide because they were being bullied.

from: Bullying and teen suicide: Q&A with crisis interventionalist Gregory Cooper, BSN, RN : Christiana Care News

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 20 percent of high school kids are being bullied, but that number is probably quite low, because bullying primarily happens in middle school. Suicide is the third-leading cause of death in 10- to-24-year-olds, and several studies show a correlation between bullying and adolescent suicide."

Suicide is a much worse sin than bullying. Children should be taught not to commit suicide.

Suicide is a much worse sin than bullying. Children should be taught not to commit suicide.

First of all, whether it is a sin or not is irrelevant to the discussion of making gay marriages legal.

Second, the only reason suicide is seen as such a bad sin is because the sinner has no opportunity to repent.

Even if marriage is a right, homosexuals have the right to get married.

They aren't banned from marriage because they're gay. Nobody gives a shit about who they poke (despite their frantic insistence otherwise). Gay people get married all the time. Look at these guys who got married:

king-richard-lionheart-2-sized.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-05-07-at-8.28.45-AM-460x307.png

images

See, gay people get married all the time. There's your evidence that they're not being prevented from getting married.

John Travolta got married and had children.

Well, I disagree.

The intention is not evil, or to "undermine the traditional family." Queers don't qive a second thought to traditional families: They are completely egocentric, hedonistic behaviorial deviants who could give a flip about anything except their own obscene desires.

Not true, Most homosexuals have a deep resentment that they have been cheated out of the chance of leading a normal life. This is why they act out with "in your face" behavior.

And you know this how exactly?

Why, in your opinion, do they act with "in your face behavior"?

Then in your mind the sin of murder is equivalent to the sin of steeling candy? If you don't rank sins, then they are all the same.

IMO, the sin of taking a human life is the worst sin, even if it is your own life.

Last edited:

Most gays I know are pretty normal and balanced people. Some are a bit weird, but so are some heterosexual people I know.

The balanced ones do not commit suicide. Do you agree???

First of all, whether it is a sin or not is irrelevant to the discussion of making gay marriages legal.

Second, the only reason suicide is seen as such a bad sin is because the sinner has no opportunity to repent.

IMO, the sin of taking a human life is the worst sin, even if it is your own life.

I'm still waiting for the relevancy of this argument on the ranking of sins. In fact, I am still waiting for you to explain why a "sin" is relevant in a discussion of federal law.

I'm still waiting for the relevancy of this argument on the ranking of sins. In fact, I am still waiting for you to explain why a "sin" is relevant in a discussion of federal law.

Most all of our laws are based on Judea-Christian ethics. Can you think of any crimes that are not sins?

Then in your mind the sin of murder is equivalent to the sin of steeling candy? If you don't rank sins, then they are all the same.

I can actually think of worse sins. But that is besides the point.

Most all of our laws are based on Judea-Christian ethics. Can you think of any crimes that are not sins?

And most all of our laws call things crimes that are crimes in most religions.

Theft and murder were crimes before Moses got the 10 Commandments.

Also, you are looking at it backwards. Whether any crimes are not sins is not the point. Plenty of sins are not crimes. Homosexuality is one of those. To make it a crime based on religious doctrines would violate the 1st Amendment.

And most all of our laws call things crimes that are crimes in most religions.

Theft and murder were crimes before Moses got the 10 Commandments.

Also, you are looking at it backwards. Whether any crimes are not sins is not the point. Plenty of sins are not crimes. Homosexuality is one of those. To make it a crime based on religious doctrines would violate the 1st Amendment.

The point that I am making is that suicide is a worse crime (sin) than bullying.

Forum List

Back