A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

Most all of our laws are based on Judea-Christian ethics. Can you think of any crimes that are not sins?

And most all of our laws call things crimes that are crimes in most religions.

Theft and murder were crimes before Moses got the 10 Commandments.

Also, you are looking at it backwards. Whether any crimes are not sins is not the point. Plenty of sins are not crimes. Homosexuality is one of those. To make it a crime based on religious doctrines would violate the 1st Amendment.

The point that I am making is that suicide is a worse crime (sin) than bullying.

Ok, suppose for a second that you are right. And?? Since suicide is the worse sin we should ignore bullying?

The difference is that once someone commits suicide there is nothing we can do. But we can try and do something about bullying.

And most all of our laws call things crimes that are crimes in most religions.

Theft and murder were crimes before Moses got the 10 Commandments.

Also, you are looking at it backwards. Whether any crimes are not sins is not the point. Plenty of sins are not crimes. Homosexuality is one of those. To make it a crime based on religious doctrines would violate the 1st Amendment.

The point that I am making is that suicide is a worse crime (sin) than bullying.

Ok, suppose for a second that you are right. And?? Since suicide is the worse sin we should ignore bullying?

The difference is that once someone commits suicide there is nothing we can do. But we can try and do something about bullying.

We need to teach children that suicide is not the answer. This topic is being totally ignored. They are making suicide victims into martyrs rather than weak people who make the wrong choice. Suicide is more shameful than bullying. We shame bullies, yet we say that people who commit suicide are victims. . They are NOT victims, they are perpetrators.

We need to teach children that suicide is not the answer. This topic is being totally ignored. They are making suicide victims into martyrs rather than weak people who make the wrong choice. Suicide is more shameful than bullying. We shame bullies, yet we say that people who commit suicide are victims. . They are NOT victims, they are perpetrators.

So create a thread about suicide.

In some respects suicides are the perpetrators. But you cannot ignore the other factors in the situation. The fact that there is a connection between bullying and teen suicide is very relevant.

Suicide Among Homosexuals
  • Lesbians are two times more likely to attempt suicide than straight women.
  • Attempts by gay and lesbian youth account for up to 30% of all completed suicides.
  • Gay teens are 3 times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.
  • Gay youth are 4 times more likely to make a suicide attempt requiring medical attention.
  • Gay men are six times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.

Looks to me like there's a connection between suicide and homosexuality.

Maybe it's because being openly homosexual and embracing one's homosexuality doesn't make people happy?

Maybe it's because being openly homosexual and embracing one's homosexuality doesn't make people happy?

I guess you could make that assumption. That is, if you ignore the other factors in the suicides. Like bullying, peer pressures, and the like.

I guess you could make that assumption. That is, if you ignore the other factors in the suicides. Like bullying, peer pressures, and the like.

In any case, I believe the best way to reduce teen suicides is to teach kids that suicide is WRONG.

In some respects suicides are the perpetrators. But you cannot ignore the other factors in the situation. The fact that there is a connection between bullying and teen suicide is very relevant.

Well straight people get bullied and commit suicide too.

You don't see anyone running around saying we need "special rights" for heteros that get bullied.

In any case, I believe the best way to reduce teen suicides is to teach kids that suicide is WRONG.

I agree with you here.

• Attempts by gay and lesbian youth account for up to 30% of all completed suicides.
  • Gay teens are 3 times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.
  • Gay youth are 4 times more likely to make a suicide attempt requiring medical attention.
  • Gay men are six times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.

And as usual, it will NEVER occur to liberals that maybe that's because the gay lifestyle isn't as fulfilling as they would have us believe. They will blame everyone and everything thing beside that possibility.

(Psst! There's a reason the Bible banned homosexuality and it isn't because it's all fun and giggles. Maybe God banned it because HE LOVES YOU, and knows homosexuality isn't all it's cracked up to be)

When you have all these people running around screaming homosexuality is normal and shouting down anyone who suggests otherwise, then you have a case of protesting too much, and it shows.

Well straight people get bullied and commit suicide too.

You don't see anyone running around saying we need "special rights" for heteros that get bullied.

You don't see anyone running around saying we need "special rights" for gays either.

What you see if people working to prevent these suicide, whatever the cause.

And as usual, it will NEVER occur to liberals that maybe that's because the gay lifestyle isn't as fulfilling as they would have us believe. They will blame everyone and everything thing beside that possibility.

(Psst! There's a reason the Bible banned homosexuality and it isn't because it's all fun and giggles. Maybe God banned it because HE LOVES YOU, and knows homosexuality isn't all it's cracked up to be)

When you have all these people running around screaming homosexuality is normal and shouting down anyone who suggests otherwise, then you have a case of protesting too much, and it shows.

Because a small percentage of gays commit suicide, you make a blanket statement that this shows it is wrong?

And just as an FYI, your claims about why God banned something is really not relevant to a discussion on legal issues in the USA.

And now you will see the absolute RAGE of the gay left for suggesting that.

They will scream, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, I'M HAPPY!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: SEE HOW HAPPY I AM!

Rage, RAGE RAGE!

People all the time screaming for more special rights aren't happy. They are miserable, and it shows.

From The Trevor Project - Preventing Suicide Among LGBTQ Youth | The Trevor Project​

Because a small percentage of gays commit suicide, you make a blanket statement that this shows it is wrong?

And just as an FYI, your claims about why God banned something is really not relevant to a discussion on legal issues in the USA.

Look Dude you can't have it both ways. Those suicides are how gay advocacy justifies all their gay outreach into the schools. YET, you are going to tell us the same suicides aren't pause to consider maybe it ISN'T everyone else's fault all the time?

And SINCE our laws ARE based on the Bible (and if you are going to argue otherwise, you better retake the history of this country and explain such things as the 10 Commandments on the USSC building) I think I can discuss such from that context.

The libs have done a hard job of trying to wipe out that history since the 1960s, but there is too much history for them to succeed.

So try again.

Last edited:
Even if marriage is a right, homosexuals have the right to get married.

They aren't banned from marriage because they're gay. Nobody gives a shit about who they poke (despite their frantic insistence otherwise). Gay people get married all the time. Look at these guys who got married:

king-richard-lionheart-2-sized.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-05-07-at-8.28.45-AM-460x307.png

images

See, gay people get married all the time. There's your evidence that they're not being prevented from getting married.

John Travolta got married and had children.

Good cover! :D

I disagree.

Ask any queer, and they will tell you that despite 60 years of psychobabble exposure, a significant portion of the population continues to believe homosexual behaviour is abnormal, and this is causing them to commit suicide at a higher rate.

Causing who to commit suicide? How?

I'd love to see a study on "causes of suicide". Ultimately, that, too, is just a choice.

The homosexual lobby is big on avoiding the consequences of making bad decisions.

The largest group of people who commit suicide do have mental disorders. Homosexuality is a mental disorder.

And it never occurs to the advocates that they are leaving these children who question their sexuality in for a life of depression, and possibly early death from AIDS by leaving them in such a disorder.

The politics of this situation is more important to them, than these children.

I will remind you being black is not the same as being gay, so stop using loving vs Va. as a case point for gay marriage.

that would be incorrect. the pertinent part of Loving isn't necessarily the issue of race... it's the fact that marriage is a fundamental right that can't be denied to someone for discriminatory reasons.

so please stop ignoring what the court said when you know full well that Loving applies to the issue of gay rights.

Well number one, MARRIAGE IS NOT A RIGHT! Show me in the Constitution where ANYONE is accorded the right of marriage?

You're not.

And you can be blocked from marrying.

If you are already married.

If your intended isn't willing to marry YOU

If you can't afford to marry.

Hey! My oldest and her beau have wanted to get married for two years. THEY CAN'T! They can't find good jobs (THANKS TO OBAMA) to afford moving out from under Mommy and Daddy (and no they are not living together, I would never allow that under my roof) Each is living under their own Mommy and Daddy's roof.

Marriage has never been a right.

And Homosexuality is not a race. It's a choice.

Look Dude you can't have it both ways. Those suicides are how gay advocacy justifies all their gay outreach into the schools. YET, you are going to tell us the same suicides aren't pause to consider maybe it ISN'T everyone else's fault all the time?

And SINCE our laws ARE based on the Bible (and if you are going to argue otherwise, you better retake the history of this country and explain such things as the 10 Commandments on the USSC building) I think I can discuss such from that context.

The libs have done a hard job of trying to wipe out that history since the 1960s, but there is too much history for them to succeed.

So try again.

I am not having it both ways. I am saying that you cannot ignore all the relevant factors in the number of suicides.

I can explain the 10 Commandments on the US Supreme Court building quite easily. The frieze to which you refer is one of 18 on the walls of the US Supreme Court building. They represent the law givers throughout history. Moses and teh 10 Commandments are displayed no more prominantly than Hammurabi, Mohammid, Justinian, Menes or the others.

This is why the 2 ton monument of the 10 Commandments in the Alabama Supreme Courthouse lobby had to be removed and the friezes in the US Supreme Courthouse stay. The monument in Alabama was the only display allowed, while the one in Washington is one of 18. (I think it is 18, but I could be wrong)

that would be incorrect. the pertinent part of Loving isn't necessarily the issue of race... it's the fact that marriage is a fundamental right that can't be denied to someone for discriminatory reasons.

so please stop ignoring what the court said when you know full well that Loving applies to the issue of gay rights.

You know full well that it doesn't. The issue here is what is a marriage. And that is what you want to pervert.

I keep hearing people say gays want to pervert marriage. How, exactly, will allowing gays to marry have any effect on my marriage or your marriage?

50% of marriages end in divorce. Domestic violence is rampant. What will gays do that is worse?

Failing marriages is no more a reason to change the definition of marriage, than the fact we don't stop all murders is a reason to change the laws on murder.

The fact is, there has NEVER been gay marriage EVER, going as far back as Ancient Greece where homosexuality was not only touted but considered a sign of intellectualism and artistic talent. Poetry sang about homosexuality in Greece.

Yet, NEVER was there marriage. It's never existed.

But suddenly gays have to get married. Then it's obvious there is a political motivation and an attack on traditional marriage. Gays know they will never be accepted as normal as long as traditional marriage and morality exist.

This is a coordinated attack to get rid of that by completely changing the idea of what marriage is.

And people know this. That is why every time the idea has been put up on the ballot it FAILS. Even in liberal California, IT FAILS BIG TIME.

In Ohio it failed by 70%!

Forum List

Back