A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

I am a conservative Republican and a Christian.
True conservatives want NO part of religion in government.
We are a nation OF LAW, not of men and their various and changing like the wind religous beliefs. Our nation was not Founded on Christianity or the Bible.
This great nation was founded on THE LAW and that law, the Constitution is based on keeping religous influences OUT OF GOVERNMENT.
I do not want to deny you your religion. No one does.
But when you attempt to use the power of government to force your religous beliefs on me I will see you in court.
And I will win every time.
Something about The United States Constitution.
An interesting document. I suggest you read it.

Religion has nothing to do with redefining marriage. Most people who are opposed to gay marriage are not religious, although some are.
Everyone I know opposed is because of their religous beliefs.
Why would anyone oppose it otherwise?
How does it affect anyone?
Where did you get your "they are immoral" BS if not from religous beliefs?

Most everyone I know opposes redefining marriage because it celebrates and embraces something that is abnormal, unhealthy and most of all, it mocks the institution of marriage. These are not religious beliefs, these are commonsense reasons.

Religion has nothing to do with redefining marriage. Most people who are opposed to gay marriage are not religious, although some are.

Most everyone I know opposes redefining marriage because it celebrates and embraces something that is abnormal, unhealthy and most of all, it mocks the institution of marriage. These are not religious beliefs, these are commonsense reasons.

Being normal is not a criteria for being married.

As for unhealthy, lesbians have a lower rate of AIDS than gay men, straight men, and straight women. Also, since plenty of straight couples engage in the same sexual act AND are allowed to get married, it is not a factor.

Lastly, it does not mock the institution of marriage. Gays want to JOIN in that institution, not destroy it. (we straights have done quite well at destroying it without their help)

As for unhealthy, lesbians have a lower rate of AIDS than gay men, straight men, and straight women. Also, since plenty of straight couples engage in the same sexual act AND are allowed to get married, it is not a factor.

Lastly, it does not mock the institution of marriage. Gays want to JOIN in that institution, not destroy it. (we straights have done quite well at destroying it without their help)

I think we have to agree to disagree on your last point. "Lastly, it does not mock the institution of marriage. Gays want to JOIN in that institution, not destroy it."

The LIBERAL agenda is destroying the institution of marriage. The liberal agenda includes the gay agenda, the black agenda, the women's agenda, the entitlement mentality, abortion, welfare, atheism, etc.

Last edited:

How is being a homosexual unhealthy if they are living a committed and loving honest life?
Common sense is to not to smoke.
Respectfully, the reasons you are giving are making you look very foolish.
You oppose it because you believe gays and lesbians to be 2nd class citizens.
Go ahead and admit it. Quit the bull shitting. You are not used car salesman material.

I think we have to agree to disagree on your last point. "Lastly, it does not mock the institution of marriage. Gays want to JOIN in that institution, not destroy it."

The LIBERAL agenda is destroying the institution of marriage. The liberal agenda includes the gay agenda, the black agenda, the women's agenda, the entitlement mentality, abortion, welfare, atheism, etc.

No, the me first pop culture has destroyed the institution of marriage. All heterosexual.
Gay marriage HAS NOTHING to with that whatsoever.
Amazing you lump gay agenda with welfare!:lol::lol:
Most all the gays I know are wealthy professionals. Very disciplined citizens.

Gays can join the institution. Nobody is preventing them from participating.

People who promote family-killing lifestyles are the ones who have killed the institution of marriage, not those who promote traditional family values. The people who brought you "sex without consequences" (a lie), "homosexuality is normal" (a lie), "abortion will save lives" (a lie), "children are sexual creatures so we must cater to that" (a lie), "we cannot control our sexual urges" (a lie), "no fault divorce will save families" (a lie), "promiscuity is healthy" (a lie), "single parent families are as successful as two parent families" (a lie) are killing off the family. And these are the same people who now are telling us that broadening the definition of marriage will somehow add to the richness of that institution...and they're lying now, too.

Last edited:
What I find amazing is the ignorance of those that believe the Founders had the backing of the church in their revolution.
Fact is the majority of churches DID NOT want to leave being a colony of England. MOST of the colonists, especially in the south, were against the revolution.
The Church of England, the Anglican church was the predominant denomination in the colonies and most of them WERE TORRIES, they supported the crown.
We kicked their ass and over 100,000 of them fled to Canada and back to England after the revolution.
This great nation was founded on the law.
We defeated the religous influences of divine right which the monarchs used to oppress for a thousand years. "We have the blessings of God to rule" was the monarchs creed.
We defeated divine right and the monarchs claims that the Christian religion and The Bible gave them the power they had.
Something about the Constitution. A document that does not mention God.
But of course there was support for a national religion and government support and funding for churches at the convention before the Constitution was ratified.
They lost. Sorry about that.

I think you are forgetting that MOST of those who came to this country came for RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.

You act like they came here to practice atheism.

Most of the social reforms this country has had STARTED AS RELIGIOUS MOVEMENTS including abolition and civil rights.

The Divine Right of Kings was argued against ON RELIGIOUS GROUNDS

What you are saying is just what you want to be true. History is FAR different from your fantasy.

Gays can join the institution. Nobody is preventing them from participating.

People who promote family-killing lifestyles are the ones who have killed the institution of marriage, not those who promote traditional family values. The people who brought you "sex without consequences" (a lie), "homosexuality is normal" (a lie), "abortion will save lives" (a lie), "children are sexual creatures so we must cater to that" (a lie), "we cannot control our sexual urges" (a lie), "no fault divorce will save families" (a lie), "promiscuity is healthy" (a lie), "single parent families are as successful as two parent families" (a lie) are killing off the family. And these are the same people who now are telling us that broadening the definition of marriage will somehow add to the richness of that institution...and they're lying now, too.
Yep they can move to a state that allows gay marriage.

What I find amazing is the ignorance of those that believe the Founders had the backing of the church in their revolution.
Fact is the majority of churches DID NOT want to leave being a colony of England. MOST of the colonists, especially in the south, were against the revolution.
The Church of England, the Anglican church was the predominant denomination in the colonies and most of them WERE TORRIES, they supported the crown.
We kicked their ass and over 100,000 of them fled to Canada and back to England after the revolution.
This great nation was founded on the law.
We defeated the religous influences of divine right which the monarchs used to oppress for a thousand years. "We have the blessings of God to rule" was the monarchs creed.
We defeated divine right and the monarchs claims that the Christian religion and The Bible gave them the power they had.
Something about the Constitution. A document that does not mention God.
But of course there was support for a national religion and government support and funding for churches at the convention before the Constitution was ratified.
They lost. Sorry about that.

I think you are forgetting that MOST of those who came to this country came for RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.

You act like they came here to practice atheism.

Most of the social reforms this country has had STARTED AS RELIGIOUS MOVEMENTS including abolition and civil rights.

The Divine Right of Kings was argued against ON RELIGIOUS GROUNDS

What you are saying is just what you want to be true. History is FAR different from your fantasy.

And our founding fathers (many of whom were deists) wrote a constitution, and ratified the first 10 amendments, to make sure this nation was ruled by law, not by dictators, kings or religions.

They had to be removed because of the Unconstitutional "interpretation" of Separation of Church and State (words that are NO WHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION)

As I said, liberals are trying hard to rewrite history and get rid of the Christian origins of this country. That doesn't change the history of this country.

Our Founding Fathers didn't cite Hammurabi. They cited the Bible in their speeches.

Many more quotes here: WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - The Founding Fathers on Jesus, Christianity and the Bible

Liberals want to deny this, because it's evidence their agenda is wrong. But the our laws and our country was based on the Bible and Christianity. There is too much evidence to deny this.

We are a nation OF LAW, not of men and their various and changing like the wind religous beliefs. Our nation was not Founded on Christianity or the Bible.
This great nation was founded on THE LAW and that law, the Constitution is based on keeping religous influences OUT OF GOVERNMENT.
But when you attempt to use the power of government to force your religous beliefs on me I will see you in court.

Well said. The idea that the only true conservatives are the social conservatives has done more harm to conservatism than any other factor.

True conservatives do not want the US gov't legislating religion.

You guys crack me up. You always act as IF conservatives will "start a theocracy" but what really happens is the only theocracy that is being established is by zealot atheists determined that only their religion will be honored by the Constitution.

We each have a system of faith, whether we are too arrogant to admit it or not.

The idea that there was no God to create this Earth is a system of Faith. There is no scientific fact to back that up. Only theories.

There is more evidence God created this Earth than evidence it all happened as an accident.

Whatever you believe is a matter of faith and thus forcing that view on others is forcing one's religion on others.

Thus forcing the REMOVAL of articles of faith from buildings is simply forcing another faith on those buildings.

That's not backed up by the Constitution or the words of the Founding Fathers.

THANK YOU FOR ADMITTING THE AGENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!

There you have it people! Just what I said.

THE BIGGEST THREAT TO THE GAY AGENDA IS THE FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!!!!!!!!!!

That is WHY gays want to force Gay marriage, something that has NEVER EXISTED BEFORE IN ALL RECORDED HISTORY, on the US.

It is an attack on traditional marriage and TRADITIONAL MORALITY/RELIGION.

Give someone with an agenda enough time, and they will let slip what they really want!

Last edited:

Well said. The idea that the only true conservatives are the social conservatives has done more harm to conservatism than any other factor.

You guys crack me up. You always act as IF conservatives will "start a theocracy" but what really happens is the only theocracy that is being established is by zealot atheists determined that only their religion will be honored by the Constitution.

The idea that there was no God to create this Earth is a system of Faith. There is no scientific fact to back that up. Only theories.

There is more evidence God created this Earth than evidence it all happened as an accident.

Whatever you believe is a matter of faith and thus forcing that view on others is forcing one's religion on others.

Thus forcing the REMOVAL of articles of faith from buildings is simply forcing another faith on those buildings.

When articles of faith are posted in public buildings, and no other articles from any other religion is allowed, you have a state sponsored religion.

Which was the case in the Alabama Supreme Court building.

Your contention is that atheism is a faith is false. And atheism is not the state religion. There is no state religion.

If anyone thinks that social conservatives (you are not followers of classic conservatism) will create a theocracy it is because people like you spout nonsense about all our laws being based on the Bible or trying to use your religious beliefs to shape the nation.

That is WHY gays want to force Gay marriage, something that has NEVER EXISTED BEFORE IN ALL RECORDED HISTORY, on the US.

Give someone with an agenda enough time, and they will let slip what they really want!

Nice strawman argument. He didn't say gays are threatened by religion. He said that those who oppose gay marriage typically use their religion as the basis.

They are not the same things. There are plenty of gays with very strong faith. It may not be the same as yours, but it is no less valid.

The 1st Amendment clearly states that there will be no state religion. What Roy Moore did (as chief justice) was clearly against that amendment and, therefore, unconstitutional.

Having that monument as the only display in the courthouse lobby is totally advocating one religion over all others.

What the 1st Amendment clearly states is Congress will establish no religion. The FACT is many of the States DID have State Churches at the beginning of this country.

• Most states in early America had established churches
  • Established Church: a church officially supported (and paid for) by the government
  • Dissenters from established churches were tolerated but not always treated equally
  • First Amendment originally limited only federal government, not state governments
  • First Amendment contains two clauses on religion: Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause
First, we need to remember that when the First Amendment was drafted, most of the newly independent states of the United States already had established churches. These churches were the "official" religion in their colonies and were paid for by taxes collected by the government. Dissenters, or members of churches that disagreed with the established church, were tolerated in every colony, but they had to accept certain restrictions as a result of their religious choice. Many had to pay taxes to support the established church despite their disagreements with it, and many were barred from holding public office.

Second, we need to recognize that the ratification of the First Amendment did not change any of this. It guaranteed only that the federal government would not establish an official national church or pass any laws interfering with a person’s religious practice. The states were left free to make their own rules about religion.

If we really get down to it, the First Amendment did not really do much at all in terms of altering the religious conditions of early America. It prevented the national government from creating a national church, but given all of the other contentious issues on the table during the nation’s first decades—slavery, the national debt, land policy, foreign attacks on American shipping—it is doubtful that anyone would have seriously tried to stir things up even further by seeking to impose a national religion. Similarly, while the First Amendment denied Congress all authority to interfere with the religious practices of the American people, Congress had little interest in doing this in the first place. Other issues were more pressing, and virtually everyone agreed that this sort of thing was better left to the individual states to handle.

Religion in Early America

You want to interpret "no establishment of religion" to mean "but we CAN establish the religion of atheism by suppressing all other religions."

That is NOT in the Constitution. Nor was it EVER established by the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

That only changed when justices started forcing their OPINIONS on the country instead of the actual Constitution.

No one is establishing a religon of atheism (which is a misnomer at best). No one is banning any religion. What is done is to protect those who are not Judeo-Christian from being a victim of laws based solely on that religion. For our gov't, no religion is greater than any other, and nonbelief is as protected as belief.

Okay, that was a load of double speak and crap. How is any Christian "protected" when the ACLU comes and tells a community they have to take down a Cross over their courthouse that has been there for 150+ years in Vinton County, Ohio?

That's not protection. That's federal interference and religious persection of private community minding it's own business.

That IS enforcing atheism, by fiat. And as I said, atheism IS a matter of faith, unless you have the stone cold evidence there is no God.

Lack of evidence is what you will cite, but BASING A BELIEF SYSTEM ON LACK OF EVIDENCE IS STILL BASING IT IN FAITH.

Example: (a sighted man) I believe the sky is blue, because I can see it and the sky is blue.

(the blind man) I believe the sky is blue, despite the fact I can't see it, but I have no evidence to tell me one way or another way the color of the sky.

Example two is what atheists base their faith on. They are the blind man. They can't see God, they don't believe he exists, but they have no hard evidence to prove one way or another. That is a sytem of faith.

Atheists are too arrogant to admit this, which is why atheism is a minority. Too many other people recognize this simple truth.

I am not having it both ways. I am saying that you cannot ignore all the relevant factors in the number of suicides.

I can explain the 10 Commandments on the US Supreme Court building quite easily. The frieze to which you refer is one of 18 on the walls of the US Supreme Court building. They represent the law givers throughout history. Moses and teh 10 Commandments are displayed no more prominantly than Hammurabi, Mohammid, Justinian, Menes or the others.

This is why the 2 ton monument of the 10 Commandments in the Alabama Supreme Courthouse lobby had to be removed and the friezes in the US Supreme Courthouse stay. The monument in Alabama was the only display allowed, while the one in Washington is one of 18. (I think it is 18, but I could be wrong)

They had to be removed because of the Unconstitutional "interpretation" of Separation of Church and State (words that are NO WHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION)

As I said, liberals are trying hard to rewrite history and get rid of the Christian origins of this country. That doesn't change the history of this country.

Our Founding Fathers didn't cite Hammurabi. They cited the Bible in their speeches.

Thomas Jefferson:

The doctrines of Jesus are simple, and tend all to the happiness of man.<A href="http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=8755#FN64">[SIZE=-2]64[/SIZE]

The practice of morality being necessary for the well being of society, He [God] has taken care to impress its precepts so indelibly on our hearts that they shall not be effaced by the subtleties of our brain. We all agree in the obligation of the moral principles of Jesus and nowhere will they be found delivered in greater purity than in His discourses.<A href="http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=8755#FN65">[SIZE=-2]65[/SIZE]

I am a Christian in the only sense in which He wished anyone to be: sincerely attached to His doctrines in preference to all others.<A href="http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=8755#FN66">[SIZE=-2]66[/SIZE]

I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ.<A href="http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=8755#FN67">[SIZE=-2]67[/SIZE]

Many more quotes here: WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - The Founding Fathers on Jesus, Christianity and the Bible

Liberals want to deny this, because it's evidence their agenda is wrong. But the our laws and our country was based on the Bible and Christianity. There is too much evidence to deny this.

Who is forcing what?

Christians are not forcing a change to the definition of marriage, gays are doing that!

All Christians are doing is VOTING AS THEY SEE FIT.

What you are suggesting is Christians not be allowed to vote, because they won't vote to agree with gay marriage.

When articles of faith are posted in public buildings, and no other articles from any other religion is allowed, you have a state sponsored religion.

Wrong.

Which was the case in the Alabama Supreme Court building.

Cite & Link, please.

Your contention is that atheism is a faith is false. And atheism is not the state religion. There is no state religion.

If anyone thinks that social conservatives (you are not followers of classic conservatism) will create a theocracy it is because people like you spout nonsense about all our laws being based on the Bible or trying to use your religious beliefs to shape the nation.

:cuckoo:

People are allowed to follow their religious beliefs, yay, even to the shaping of the nation, lol. That's what religious freedom is.

I haven't heard anyone say all our laws are based on the bible. Can you provide a quote and link?

I am sure gay folk want to get married to attack religion.
Nothing at all about they love and are committed to each other.

Who is forcing what?

Christians are not forcing a change to the definition of marriage, gays are doing that!

All Christians are doing is VOTING AS THEY SEE FIT.

What you are suggesting is Christians not be allowed to vote, because they won't vote to agree with gay marriage.

You brought up religion so you must be for the "gay agenda" and are anti religion as the poster above stated.
How about a vote on ending the wars, taxes, whatever?
How come us Christians do not get to vote on any and ALL issues?
How come you are suggesting Christians are not allowed to vote on every issue there is?
Constitutional Amendments to deny rights to folks?
When was the last time that was ever done?
Never.

Forum List

Back