A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

So its all about semantics? As long as we don't use the WORD "marriage", its ok to give them all the benefits?

I'd like to think so, but I'm sure you are just asking for another 17 rounds of why being gay is a choice and they can already get married, derp.

It doesn't matter if it's a choice or not. The main thing is not to debase the meaning of marriage. Everyone believes that gays have the same rights as the rest of us.

Yes, same-sex unions will have the same legal benefits as traditional marriage. Under my plan, we don't have to re-define marriage to accommodate gays. Most people will find this acceptable. Only the gay activists and the religious zealots will oppose. If put on the ballot, I predict that it will pass in most all states.

Even the ancient Greeks did not call same-sex unions marriage.

So its all about semantics? As long as we don't use the WORD "marriage", its ok to give them all the benefits?

Everyone believes that gays should have equal rights. Most people are only opposed to changing the meaning of marriage.

See bolded? That's you contradicting yourself.

You have it backwards. Religous zealots are for bans on gay marriage.
Again, how does gay marriage affect heterosexual marriage.
Gay marriage is legal in some states.
Please show me ONE PERSON it has affected.
Just one. I will pay a thousand bucks a piece to every citizen that has been affected by gays getting married.
Gay marriage: undisputed NON ISSUE.

The decline of our society is the cost of celebrating and embracing homosexual behavior.

When you celebrate and embrace something that is abnormal and unhealthy, reason and common sense are turned on their heads. As a result, our popular culture has lost the ability to distinguish between, truth and deception, good and bad, right and wrong, normal and abnormal, healthy and unhealthy, constructive and destructive, considerate and rude, brave and cowardly, modest and lewd, vulgar and polite, humble and brazen, acceptable and unacceptable, respectful and contemptuous, virtuous and shameful, tolerant and intolerant, open-minded and narrow-minded, etc."

Total BS. Homosexuals have not caused any decline in society.
As a whole they are more productive than the average citizen.
Quit labeling others as 2nd class citizens. You have no evidence of it.

I didn't say that homosexuals are causing a decline in our society. I said that celebrating and embracing something that is abnormal and unhealthy is confusing our youth.

You have it backwards. Religous zealots are for bans on gay marriage.
Again, how does gay marriage affect heterosexual marriage.
Gay marriage is legal in some states.
Please show me ONE PERSON it has affected.
Just one. I will pay a thousand bucks a piece to every citizen that has been affected by gays getting married.
Gay marriage: undisputed NON ISSUE.

The decline of our society is the cost of celebrating and embracing homosexual behavior.

When you celebrate and embrace something that is abnormal and unhealthy, reason and common sense are turned on their heads. As a result, our popular culture has lost the ability to distinguish between, truth and deception, good and bad, right and wrong, normal and abnormal, healthy and unhealthy, constructive and destructive, considerate and rude, brave and cowardly, modest and lewd, vulgar and polite, humble and brazen, acceptable and unacceptable, respectful and contemptuous, virtuous and shameful, tolerant and intolerant, open-minded and narrow-minded, etc."

WE already celebrate lying and stealing, by voting the same politicians in office over and over. It has become acceptable for politicians to lie to us.

Exactly, most people can not tell truth from deception, etc.

I didn't say that homosexuals are causing a decline in our society. I said that celebrating and embracing something that is abnormal and unhealthy is confusing our youth.

Those of us with gay and lesbian family members resent the hell out of you and anyone else condeming our family members for being who they are.
Accordingly we are going to encourage them to be who they are and will never accept your BS that they are less than human because they happen to fall in love with those of the same sex.
And we are lining up along with a growing # of other fine citizens to fight you.
Get used to it and we are those with long histories of productive and honest citizens.

I'd like to think so, but I'm sure you are just asking for another 17 rounds of why being gay is a choice and they can already get married, derp.

It doesn't matter if it's a choice or not. The main thing is not to debase the meaning of marriage. Everyone believes that gays have the same rights as the rest of us.

Everyone believes that gays should have equal rights. Most people are only opposed to changing the meaning of marriage.

Nope, he didn't. What you fail to comprehend is gays already have equal rights. They just want to reap the reward of behavior they refuse to engage in. Too bad.

Geezus, dude. You have GOT to stop lying. Not even close to everyone believes that. In fact, y'all are in the minority.

I have never heard one person who denies gays the same basic civil rights under the constitution.

I don't get it. What do you mean. Is it the phrase" the rest of us"? I mean heterosexuals.

WE already celebrate lying and stealing, by voting the same politicians in office over and over. It has become acceptable for politicians to lie to us.

Horseshit. They can tell the difference. They just don't care. And that is because it has become so accepted that we actualy expect it.

Those of us with gay and lesbian family members resent the hell out of you and anyone else condeming our family members for being who they are.
Accordingly we are going to encourage them to be who they are and will never accept your BS that they are less than human because they happen to fall in love with those of the same sex.
And we are lining up along with a growing # of other fine citizens to fight you.
Get used to it and we are those with long histories of productive and honest citizens.

What are you fighting me about. I'm not fighting anyone. Why are you picking a fight?

Smoking cigarettes is also unhealthy; Do you start fights with smokers?

Why don't you "live and let live" like I do.

Last edited:

Horseshit. They can tell the difference. They just don't care. And that is because it has become so accepted that we actualy expect it.

Not really, Yesterday there was an article in the Washington Post that said that the Obama administration spends very little money compared to other administrations. Many people believe lies like that. They don't know what to believe. they have no compass.

What are you fighting me about. I'm not fighting anyone. Why are you picking a fight?

Now you are comparing gay folk with smokers.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Your eyes are brown, aren't they.

Would that the whole forum was as dim as you perceive us to be, your 'non-fight' would go a lot more smoothly.

Now you are comparing gay folk with smokers.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Being a gay man and being a smoker are both unhealthy lifestyles. The life expectancy of the average gay male is actually less than the life expectancy of a cigarette smoker.

It's funny how smokers are condemned and gays are celebrated. IMO, we should not judge either of these lifestyles. Live and let live.

Last edited:
I realize I'm showing up late in this thread but here's the reasonable solution as I see it.

"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's"

Marriage is both a religious rite and a government recognized contract.

Therefore, gays should be able to legally marry and be recognized legally, but the churches should be able to refuse to perform the ceremonies.

I realize I'm showing up late in this thread but here's the reasonable solution as I see it.

"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's"

Therefore, gays should be able to legally marry and be recognized legally, but the churches should be able to refuse to perform the ceremonies.

Gays CAN already legally marry in every state in the union. The gay activists are trying to redefine the word marriage to include same-sex couples. Most people object to altering the institution of marriage. However, I have no objection to unions between same sex couples under a different name. Garriage for example. This way the institution of marriage does not need to be altered to accommodate gays.

Last edited:

Gays CAN already legally marry in every state in the union. The gay activists are trying to redefine the word marriage to include same-sex couples. This is absurd. However, I have no objection to unions between same sex couples under a different name. Garriage for example. This way the institution of marriage does not need to be altered to accommodate gays.

Two people of the same sex are not allowed to Civilly Marry in most states.

The structure of that logic "gays can marry, just not each other" was tried during the Loving v. Virginia case "coloreds can marry, just not white people" - it failed.

>>>>

Gays CAN already legally marry in every state in the union. The gay activists are trying to redefine the word marriage to include same-sex couples. This is absurd. However, I have no objection to unions between same sex couples under a different name. Garriage for example. This way the institution of marriage does not need to be altered to accommodate gays.

Two people of the same sex are not allowed to Civilly Marry in most states.

The structure of that logic "gays can marry, just not each other" was tried during the Loving v. Virginia case "coloreds can marry, just not white people" - it failed.

>>>>

This is true. Likewise, heteros cannot marry a person of the same sex.

They have the exact same rights as we do already.

The best way to stop gay marriage is to bring back "no fault divorce" laws. Cheating on your wife or husband is a "breach of contract" and the guilty party should be held liable and forced to pay damages.

Marriage is about rights and responsibilities to each other. Modern society has taken all of the responsibility out of marriage. If people were held accountable for their actions, we would see much fewer divorces and much less gays wanting to get married.

Forum List

Back