10 That slepen al the nyght with open eye-
(So priketh hem Nature in hir corages);
Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages
And palmeres for to seken straunge strondes
To ferne halwes, kowthe in sondry londes;
15 And specially from every shires ende
Of Engelond, to Caunterbury they wende,
The hooly blisful martir for to seke
That hem hath holpen, whan that they were seeke.
I don't know much about this but I do know that a lot of old English words that got translated form latin, were actually translated from other languages before. Also, the Catholic church had a lot to do with latin to English translations. And we know how much we can trust the catholics of the middle ages..
As some of the most scholarly ppl of the world, yeah, we do. Don't assume that just because the people you know are ignorant and dishonest that everybody is a shyster.
Are you saying that the catholics of that day were good people?
Are you saying they werent? If you are, you're a bigoted retard asserting stupidity. Educate yourself, you obviously have little to zero understanding of the history of the chuch, and catholicism.
They were the ISIS of the middle ages. According to historical record, they actually started "torture". They killed MILLIONS for simply having a different belief. Even catholics call that time of their history an embarrassment.
Maybe you can straighten me out on the history of the catholic church and disprove all the facts surrounding it?
And frankly, I don't appreciate you calling me a "Bigoted retard". Call me names simply because we disagree on an issue? IMO, THAT sounds bigoted :thup:
KG might be referring to the Catholic Church's role in maintaining and protecting whatever knowledge was in existence during the Dark Ages. They were the "universities," pretty much the only ones who could read and write. Yes, it is scary that only one belief system had that power, but at least when people began to think for themselves again, the libraries were there.
At least that's my understanding.

I don't know much about this but I do know that a lot of old English words that got translated form latin, were actually translated from other languages before. Also, the Catholic church had a lot to do with latin to English translations. And we know how much we can trust the catholics of the middle ages..
As some of the most scholarly ppl of the world, yeah, we do. Don't assume that just because the people you know are ignorant and dishonest that everybody is a shyster.
Are you saying they werent? If you are, you're a bigoted retard asserting stupidity. Educate yourself, you obviously have little to zero understanding of the history of the chuch, and catholicism.
They were the ISIS of the middle ages. According to historical record, they actually started "torture". They killed MILLIONS for simply having a different belief. Even catholics call that time of their history an embarrassment.
Maybe you can straighten me out on the history of the catholic church and disprove all the facts surrounding it?
And frankly, I don't appreciate you calling me a "Bigoted retard". Call me names simply because we disagree on an issue? IMO, THAT sounds bigoted :thup:
KG might be referring to the Catholic Church's role in maintaining and protecting whatever knowledge was in existence during the Dark Ages. They were the "universities," pretty much the only ones who could read and write. Yes, it is scary that only one belief system had that power, but at least when people began to think for themselves again, the libraries were there.
yea, Pope Theophilus also decreed to burn down the biggest library known to man.
I get what you are saying, but IMO, from what I have read, the catholics wanted a monopoly on knowledge. Like how it took them centuries to translate the bible so peasants could read it for themselves.
I don't have too many good things to say about ancient catholics.

Might as well be, imo.

Whan that Aprill, with his shoures soote
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote
And bathed every veyne in swich licour,
Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
5 Whan Zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
Hath in the Ram his halfe cours yronne,
And smale foweles maken melodye,
I was just pointing out that I can't figure out either of them.
Fetus/infant isn't going to solve your problem. The folks who want to dictate women's procreation are not interested in facts.
As I have been reading this morning, the history of our language is quit fascinating. Truly.
I know it isn't but im glad we(I guess just me since human being cant refrain from acting like a childish hack) discussed it. I love learning :D

Yes, it's only you. Te Human being had rather watch a rerun of Lord of the Rings.

middle English isn't actual latin, apparently.
Might as well be, imo.

Fetus/infant isn't going to solve your problem. The folks who want to dictate women's procreation are not interested in facts.
As I have been reading this morning, the history of our language is quit fascinating. Truly.
I know it isn't but im glad we(I guess just me since human being cant refrain from acting like a childish hack) discussed it. I love learning :D

Yes, it's only you. Te Human being had rather watch a rerun of Lord of the Rings.
Because you are against self improvement. Don't worry, most political hacks are.

Might as well be, imo.

Because you are against self improvement. Don't worry, most political hacks are.

I am beyond further improvement. I know everything that is worth knowing and I am very handsome as well.

That would be "puer". "fetus" isn't in the latin language, apparently. I just looked it up.

Latin Definitions for: fetus (Latin Search) - Latin Dictionary and Grammar Resources - Latdict
middle English isn't actual latin, apparently.
Might as well be, imo.

Who is talking about any woman procreating?

There are some nut jobs that probably think this is bad.

desk.gif
nut job reporting for duty; there are already too many fucking people on this planet, ever try to find parking at the mall on Saturday? 'nuff said
You fascists do hide in plain sight most of the time....
and telling a woman what to do with her body isn't fascism?
It's not fascist to prevent a murder, retard.

Might as well be, imo.

I think the subject of the OP is now Catholics and how many people they murdered while trying to keep knowledge out of the hands of the common folks. Apparently the Catholics didn't want the people to know that a fetus was a baby so they killed everybody.

Again, not speaking Latin... We are speaking English...

Quarantine comes from the French "qarante" for 40.

Hazard comes from the Arabic "al zahr" which means "the dice".

Lemur comes from a Latin word that means "spirit of the dead".

Nice comes from a Latin word meaning "ignorant"

Then you are claiming they are toaster ovens.

Never mentioned the word...

Do you go by "Dr. Cowboy" or "Dr. Ted"?

Knowing more than you doesn't make me a doctor...

U.S. Abortion Rate Falls To Lowest Level Since Roe v. Wade
The abortion rate in the United States fell to its lowest level since the historic Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision legalized abortion nationwide, a new report finds.
The report by the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports legalized abortion, puts the rate at 14.6 abortions per 1,000 women of childbearing age (ages 15-44) in 2014. That's the lowest recorded rate since the Roe decision in 1973. The abortion rate has been declining for decades — down from a peak of 29.3 in 1980 and 1981.
The report also finds that in 2013, the total number of abortions nationwide fell below 1 million for the first time since the mid-1970s. In 2014 — the most recent year with data available — the number fell a bit more, to 926,200. The overall number had peaked at more than 1.6 million abortions in 1990, according to Guttmacher.

Some anti-abortion groups, meanwhile, argue the Guttmacher report shows new state restrictions on abortion are working. Kristi Hamrick, a spokeswoman for Americans United for Life, said she has her doubts about the Guttmacher report — since the data come from surveys of abortion providers — but accepts the overall conclusion. She emphasized the impact of new regulations on clinics and laws requiring women seeking abortions to get an ultrasound, which she said are having a "real, measurable impact on abortion."

The Guttmacher report says abortions restrictions do appear to be a factor in the declining numbers in some states. But principal research scientist Rachel Jones, lead author of the report, said that's not the whole story. She noted that abortion declined in almost every state, and "having fewer clinics didn't always translate into having fewer abortions."
A more important driver of the declining abortion rate, Jones said, appears to be improved access to contraception, particularly long-acting birth control options like IUDs. She noted that women in the United States have been using the highly-effective devices in growing numbers for more than a decade, and said the declining birthrate suggests more women are preventing unwanted pregnancies.
I am "pro-choice" or whatever bullshit moniker you want to put on it, but less abortions are a good thing!

So we'll see a major spike in crime rates in about 16-18 years.

hadit is right though.. There are some nut jobs that probably think this is bad. Probably more than we think..
Yet neither you nor he has explained why.
Please?
They like violence and murder.
This thread is like discussing abortion at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
That would be fucking insane!
Sadly, goose is right. I once read about this women that has had multiple abortions simply because she enjoyed killing. Said all women should try it. Or something to that effect. It was a long time ago.
Lena Dunham: 'I Wish I Had' An Abortion

The abortion rate in the United States fell to its lowest level since the historic Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision legalized abortion nationwide, a new report finds.
The report by the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports legalized abortion, puts the rate at 14.6 abortions per 1,000 women of childbearing age (ages 15-44) in 2014. That's the lowest recorded rate since the Roe decision in 1973. The abortion rate has been declining for decades — down from a peak of 29.3 in 1980 and 1981.
The report also finds that in 2013, the total number of abortions nationwide fell below 1 million for the first time since the mid-1970s. In 2014 — the most recent year with data available — the number fell a bit more, to 926,200. The overall number had peaked at more than 1.6 million abortions in 1990, according to Guttmacher.

Some anti-abortion groups, meanwhile, argue the Guttmacher report shows new state restrictions on abortion are working. Kristi Hamrick, a spokeswoman for Americans United for Life, said she has her doubts about the Guttmacher report — since the data come from surveys of abortion providers — but accepts the overall conclusion. She emphasized the impact of new regulations on clinics and laws requiring women seeking abortions to get an ultrasound, which she said are having a "real, measurable impact on abortion."

The Guttmacher report says abortions restrictions do appear to be a factor in the declining numbers in some states. But principal research scientist Rachel Jones, lead author of the report, said that's not the whole story. She noted that abortion declined in almost every state, and "having fewer clinics didn't always translate into having fewer abortions."
A more important driver of the declining abortion rate, Jones said, appears to be improved access to contraception, particularly long-acting birth control options like IUDs. She noted that women in the United States have been using the highly-effective devices in growing numbers for more than a decade, and said the declining birthrate suggests more women are preventing unwanted pregnancies.
I am "pro-choice" or whatever bullshit moniker you want to put on it, but less abortions are a good thing!

I'm sure the black community is pleased you consider their kids future criminals who should be exterminated instead.

The abortion rate has been declining since the 80's but Black women are five times more likely than White women to terminate their pregnancy. Since the democrat party is adamantly in support of abortion at any time during pregnancy and Black women are more likely to hire a technician to kill their unborn babies than White women, doesn't it make the democrat party racist? Why would the federal government need to spend taxpayer funds to support an abortion mill (that allegedly sells human body parts from aborted babies, like Planned Parenthood if the abortion rate is declining? Another example of "eugenics"?

yea, Pope Theophilus also decreed to burn down the biggest library known to man.
I get what you are saying, but IMO, from what I have read, the catholics wanted a monopoly on knowledge. Like how it took them centuries to translate the bible so peasants could read it for themselves.
I don't have too many good things to say about ancient catholics.
And executing scientists. Yeah, I get it. At that time, the Church was basically the reigning power in the Western World, not so much a religious organization. Or at least not only religious. And that must have been a MUZZIE library, amirite?

well... that's a realistic way of looking at it.

Might as well be, imo.

I am a Catholic and I am not defending some of their actions... Hey, some of the actions up to a few years ago would be in total contradiction to what was taught...

I think the funny thing is there is a very high correlation between Anti-Abortion and Anti sex education crowds...

By them being anti sex education they are effectively promoting Abortion as the only alternative to Teen Pregnancy... So they have to take responsibility for creating conditions for Abortion to thrive....

They are pro Abortion unlike us who are Pro Choice...

hadit is right though.. There are some nut jobs that probably think this is bad. Probably more than we think..
Yet neither you nor he has explained why.
Please?
They like violence and murder.
This thread is like discussing abortion at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
That would be fucking insane!
Sadly, goose is right. I once read about this women that has had multiple abortions simply because she enjoyed killing. Said all women should try it. Or something to that effect. It was a long time ago.
Lena Dunham: 'I Wish I Had' An Abortion
I forgot about that crazy bitch

The abortion rate has been declining since the 80's but Black women are five times more likely than White women to terminate their pregnancy. Since the democrat party is adamantly in support of abortion at any time during pregnancy and Black women are more likely to hire a technician to kill their unborn babies than White women, doesn't it make the democrat party racist? Why would the federal government need to spend taxpayer funds to support an abortion mill (that allegedly sells human body parts from aborted babies, like Planned Parenthood if the abortion rate is declining? Another example of "eugenics"?
Yes. hazlnut just proved it.

I'm sure the black community is pleased you consider their kids future criminals who should be exterminated instead.
you think only black people have abortions?

Might as well be, imo.

You scared me there for a minute. I went and googled procreate just to be sure. "Got me"

Forum List

Back