Abortion Survivor Melissa Ohden: "What About My Choice?"

It's the deliberate killing of a human being.
Thats not murder dummy. Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being. If you deliberately kill someone thats attacking you is that murder?

If that floats your boat.
You didnt answer my question. Are you stalling or just refusing to answer?

Legally, it's not murder. I used the wrong terminology. I should have said it's murder because it's deliberately killing an innocent human being with no justification. Does that help you?
Rape, incest, or the health of the mother is "no justification"?

What percentage of abortions are for "rape, incest, or the health of the mother"? I guarantee you that opposition to abortion would virtually disappear if they all were for those reasons.

The Daily Caller ^

Melissa Ohden, abortion survivor and author of "You Carried Me", tells Amber Athey her survival story and asks "What about my choice?"

With New York's passage of a new abortion laws, and Virginia considering them, the time for this conversation is now.

Don’t worry, they said that they would have made her comfortable before they decide wether to murder her. Sounds like a LAST MEAL, for a mass murder....and the baby did WHAT UNFORGIVABLE FELONY?....

DyfuKaaX4AAEuA-.jpg
How is abortion murder?

It's termed a developing fetus, without a developed brain.. So how can it be a full human being?

What magical brain development occurs at the moment of birth that differentiates a new born (under the full protection of the law) from an unborn (fair game for death)? Is an adult in a deep coma no longer a full human being, as their brain function is minimal and they do not respond to stimuli?

If you want to use brain development as a measure, consider that the human brain does not stop developing for quite some time after birth. If the brain is developed enough that activity can be detected and pain felt, it is barbaric to stick a saw into the uterus and cut the baby into pieces.

Then it can't be murder then. The fetus is not a fully developed human being.

He is a developing human being. You could also say a prepubescent child is not a fully developed human being until they go through puberty and stop growing.
Except science tells us that the brain has not yet fully developed enough to experience any of those tendencies until after birth. Do you have information to the contrary?

So no, you can't say that. We also know, that after birth, the human baby after birth does respond to stimulus, proving that the brain has developed enough to feel pain. That has not been proven before birth by scientists.

What miracle occurs at the moment of birth that makes a child feel pain that literally moments before does not?

Check out this link and you'll see that, contrary to your assertions, developing babies do indeed feel pain and react to it.

The Basics –
That is an unknown publication. I research known publications from scientists who aren't afraid to tell us who they are. Is that a religious anti-abortion publication spreading propaganda?

Link to your source saying a late term unborn baby can't feel pain until the magical moment of birth.

Legally, it's not murder. I used the wrong terminology. I should have said it's murder because it's deliberately killing an innocent human being with no justification. Does that help you?
Of course you used the wrong terminology since murder is a legal term. If you arent charged with murder then its not murder. Does that help you? :rolleyes:

Sounds like a distinction without a difference. Are you a murderer if you in fact murder someone but are never charged? For example, I have heard some argue that Zimmerman is a murderer, even though he was found not guilty.

It really comes down to justification, though, doesn't it?
No because murder is a legal term. In order to be a murderer you have to be convicted of murder.

What then do you call someone who kills innocent people but escapes capture and conviction?
A killer.

So we'll call abortion doctors baby killers. Okay. Glad we can agree.

Of course you used the wrong terminology since murder is a legal term. If you arent charged with murder then its not murder. Does that help you? :rolleyes:

Sounds like a distinction without a difference. Are you a murderer if you in fact murder someone but are never charged? For example, I have heard some argue that Zimmerman is a murderer, even though he was found not guilty.

No because murder is a legal term. In order to be a murderer you have to be convicted of murder.

What then do you call someone who kills innocent people but escapes capture and conviction?
A killer.

Fetuses arent babies so we dont agree.

A killer.

Meh, terminology. The unborn are humans at an early stage of development. Biologically, they are babies. Give them a different name of it makes you feel better, but it doesn't change anything.

A killer.

Meh, terminology. The unborn are humans at an early stage of development. Biologically, they are babies. Give them a different name of it makes you feel better, but it doesn't change anything.
Of course it changes everything. A baby has passed through the portal to become a human being. A fetus is still in the stomach being turned into a human while it leeches off the host that will be its mother.

A killer.

Of course it changes everything. A baby has passed through the portal to become a human being. A fetus is still in the stomach being turned into a human while it leeches off the host that will be its mother.

How neat and orderly. Just declare a group of people to be less than fully human so it's legally and morally justified to mistreat and kill them. Sound familiar? It's been done before, only using different criteria.

A killer.

How neat and orderly. Just declare a group of people to be less than fully human so it's legally and morally justified to mistreat and kill them. Sound familiar? It's been done before, only using different criteria.
Since a fetus isnt people we arent talking about the same thing but nice try. :rolleyes:

A killer.

By doing that, it can ease their conscience, just as Hitler did with Jews, homosexuals and those of color. Abortion to me is killing a live person as life begins at conception.

By doing that, it can ease their conscience, just as Hitler did with Jews, homosexuals and those of color. Abortion to me is killing a live person as life begins at conception.

Since there is no question that biologically human life begins at conception, they have to hide behind linguistic gymnastics.

The people who write this stupidity, like the OP, fail to realize that we already have had the technology for many years to prevent this from happening. How about making birth-control available to all, with any failures being covered by very advanced technology such as Plan B or other hormonal treatments so a pregnancy never advances to the point portrayed by this ridiculous poster that the purge has come up with, which appears to illustrate a nine-month pregnancy?

Purge seems to live in some sort of greeting-card poetic syndrome.
Simple just do what the Nazi's did, and begin using government to start sterilization programs on the poor ?? I know that's what you crats will come up with next. I don't know though, with this abortion stuff, it is far more sinister than the Nazi's and a sterilization program.

What makes you think women who have abortions are poor?
Uh, I was talking about what the Nazi's done to the poor, and these Demon-crats acting like women are to poor to buy their contraception, well next they will be trying what the Nazi's were doing back then.

Keep up.

The people who write this stupidity, like the OP, fail to realize that we already have had the technology for many years to prevent this from happening. How about making birth-control available to all, with any failures being covered by very advanced technology such as Plan B or other hormonal treatments so a pregnancy never advances to the point portrayed by this ridiculous poster that the purge has come up with, which appears to illustrate a nine-month pregnancy?

Simple just do what the Nazi's did, and begin using government to start sterilization programs on the poor ?? I know that's what you crats will come up with next. I don't know though, with this abortion stuff, it is far more sinister than the Nazi's and a sterilization program.

You didn't read what I wrote. You right-wingers never explain what is wrong with using technology. Ever hear of the old cliche that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

The whole anti-abortion thing seems to be based on some weird anger at the fact that people have sex. Should all couples sleep in separate bedrooms until they want a baby? I think that most of us heterosexuals would disagree.
It would be best to plan a baby like me and the wife did, instead of acting on an animalistic impulse like so many do these days. So I guess if you're gonna act like animals having sex, then of course you need others to help you defend yourselves against unwanted pregnancies. Remember you are supposed to be responsible adults not animals, so needing others to care for you is like taking care of animals who can't seem to care for themselves. Are you people humans or animals ?

This is where you republitards go off the rails. Why would you sterilize someone that will want to have a kid at a later date when they can afford to take care of the child?
Guess I am dealing with 1st graders here. Go back and read if you must, but I was sarcastically speaking about the next step that the demon-crats will probably take if they can't get their free contraception. You know government will take care of everything right ? Hitler figured the same way, and so that is what the Germans began depending on. How did that work out for them ?

The Demon-crats are teaching that killing is ok.

As you do, hypocrite. That's why you're ignored.

PETA tells me I'm a murderer too. I don't pay attention to them or to you, for exactly the same reasons.

Tell me how I'm a hypocrite on abortion.... I gotta here this one.

You constantly support killing for your own selfish convenience, then you weep about how all killing is awful.

At least PETA is kind of consistent, which makes their arguments more sensible than yours.

You can begin your backpedal act now. You're a pro-lifer, so of course you're going to toss out dishonest emotional hyperbole, and then, after getting called on it, you'll pretend what you said wasn't what you really meant. That kind of dishonesty is a core pro-life tactic.
No need for response, because you just made a bigger dummy out of yourself with that bunch of bullcrap. And quit lying.

I advocate killing who or what innocent ?? Link please.

Thats not murder dummy. Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being. If you deliberately kill someone thats attacking you is that murder?

If that floats your boat.
You didnt answer my question. Are you stalling or just refusing to answer?

Rape, incest, or the health of the mother is "no justification"?

What percentage of abortions are for "rape, incest, or the health of the mother"? I guarantee you that opposition to abortion would virtually disappear if they all were for those reasons.
That is not the point of my question. Rape, incest, and the health of the mother all happen. For the sake of keeping abortion legal, at a minimum, you can't just go and make it illegal. Not to mention the science that no one seems to have answers for, that further reinforce the case for abortion.

This is where you republitards go off the rails. Why would you sterilize someone that will want to have a kid at a later date when they can afford to take care of the child?
Guess I am dealing with 1st graders here. Go back and read if you must, but I was sarcastically speaking about the next step that the demon-crats will probably take if they can't get their free contraception. You know government will take care of everything right ? Hitler figured the same way, and so that is what the Germans began depending on. How did that work out for them ?

Please tell me why you hate women and hate sex? You cannot be a heterosexual and yet you hate LGBTQs.Or are you one of those who can only bed someone you look down on and despise as some sort of animal, but can find yourself eagarly between her legs. You are a disgusting moron. I hope that you are not married or dating, considering your gross disrespect for female people.

A killer.

Exactly.

Please tell me why you hate women and hate sex? You cannot be a heterosexual and yet you hate LGBTQs.Or are you one of those who can only bed someone you look down on and despise as some sort of animal, but can find yourself eagarly between her legs. You are a disgusting moron.
Well looky here y'all.... I have reduced this poster to angry words instead of logical debate. Now isn't that special.... Good grief.

Forum List

Back