Abortion Survivor Melissa Ohden: "What About My Choice?"

It is impossible for life to begin at conception, because that is the beginning of the development process. If the zygote that becomes a Fetus does not develop to the stage of birth, and after, there never was a life. When Does a Human Life Begin? 17 Timepoints | DNA Science Blog

If there is no life, there is no development. Dead things don't change and grow.
the existence of an individual human being or animal. A fertilized zygote is not a fully developed human being.

No one said anything about a fully developed human being. We are talking on when life begins and it begins when a cell starts developing independently of it's environment. You are moving the goal posts.
Actually I'm not. I stated the definition of "Life" in the dictionary. "The existence of a human being". A zygote is not a fully developed human being.
9c579a3a-d957-4903-9395-85e5be41b748-gif.499519

IF a human zygote is not a human. What is it...just a lump of cells, says the stupid ABNORMALS!
It's a zygote with an undeveloped brain says those who wish what they want, and never read what they are afraid to read.

It is a fetus, by definition, without a functioning brain that cannot respond to emotions or pain. Until the neurology is developed after birth, scientists have never confirmed a fetus feels anything. Can you?

If the life of the mother is in jeopardy of going through the pregnancy because of complications, is the abortion still murder? Because, you can't have it both ways right? And if we let the mother die, isn't that murder too if the law says you can do nothing?

That's false. The developing baby reacts to his environment. He has a functioning brain with detectable brain activity.
Where is the science that tells us that? A reputable link please.

I notice a common tactic, leaping directly to, "the mother's dying, won't you let us help her?". The problem with that one is there would be very little resistance to abortion being used only to protect the life of the mother. It's not. By and large, it is used as after the fact birth control. There simply are not a million plus pregnancies every year that would kill the mother.
I know people personally where that happened.

That's meaningless when talking about the million or so abortions done every year. Like I've said multiple times, opposition to abortion would virtually disappear if it were only legal in those circumstances.
It would only be meaningless to you, unless it happens to you.

That said, there are always the precautions that don't work as well, that have to be taken into account, which is why abortions are legal. Every possible scenario has been taken into account, and that is why the courts ruled in favor of it.
The courts were wrong. Period.
If they were wrong, you wouldn't have presented us with a five word conclusion based on emotions, absent of any scientific facts to back up your assumption.

If there is no life, there is no development. Dead things don't change and grow.
the existence of an individual human being or animal. A fertilized zygote is not a fully developed human being.

No one said anything about a fully developed human being. We are talking on when life begins and it begins when a cell starts developing independently of it's environment. You are moving the goal posts.
Actually I'm not. I stated the definition of "Life" in the dictionary. "The existence of a human being". A zygote is not a fully developed human being.

So, when are they considered a fully developed human being, because as far as I know it isn't until the late teens when the human is fully developed. Your definition says nothing about the human being needing to be fully developed to be considered a human being.

A zygote is the beginning of a human being in as many scientist agree.
Did you say "the beginning"? That's what I thought you said. That's not what the definition of "LIfe" says. It says "human being". The beginning is a developing zygote, transforming into a fully developed human being. The definition doesn't talk about a "beginning human being"?.

A zygote is a human being, not a fully developed however it is a human being.

So, when are they considered a fully developed human being, because as far as I know it isn't until the late teens when the human is fully developed. Your definition says nothing about the human being needing to be fully developed to be considered a human being.

Did you say "the beginning"? That's what I thought you said. That's not what the definition of "LIfe" says. It says "human being". The beginning is a developing zygote, transforming into a fully developed human being. The definition doesn't talk about a "beginning human being"?.

Which a zygote in many scientists world is the beginning of life.

The paper I presented does not mention life beginning at that time. And the written definition tells us that life is a human being, not a developing zygote. We can go round and round, and the definition won't change for you. Only in your head.

The Daily Caller ^

Melissa Ohden, abortion survivor and author of "You Carried Me", tells Amber Athey her survival story and asks "What about my choice?"

With New York's passage of a new abortion laws, and Virginia considering them, the time for this conversation is now.

Don’t worry, they said that they would have made her comfortable before they decide wether to murder her. Sounds like a LAST MEAL, for a mass murder....and the baby did WHAT UNFORGIVABLE FELONY?....

DyfuKaaX4AAEuA-.jpg

She is medical waste. She doesn’t get a choice.

The paper I presented does not mention life beginning at that time. And the written definition tells us that life is a human being, not a developing zygote. We can go round and round, and the definition won't change for you. Only in your head.

Law makers need to address this and get it out of the hands of the Supreme Court. Make it law, define what it is and that will settle it once and for all.

In the beginning !!!

I agree.

There's big profit to be made in calling yourself "abortion survivor".

But only if you're a pretty white woman.

Black males need not apply, as most conservatives would just reflexively scream about how they wish he had been aborted
You jackasses will turn ANY discussion into race when you're losing on the merits huh

There's big profit to be made in calling yourself "abortion survivor".

But only if you're a pretty white woman.

Black males need not apply, as most conservatives would just reflexively scream about how they wish he had been aborted
You jackasses will turn ANY discussion into race when you're losing on the merits huh

They automatically disqualify themselves from serious consideration when they do that.

Well I disagree with your view of when life begins, I have science that tells us that life begins within 24 hours of conception.

Well I disagree with your view of when life begins, I have science that tells us that life begins within 24 hours of conception.
Where

In the beginning !!!

I agree.
What scientists world? Can you provide us with the scientific publication from actual scientists who draw that conclusion? And, with their explanations?

"You have science"? "You"? Are you a research scientist?

The Daily Caller ^

Melissa Ohden, abortion survivor and author of "You Carried Me", tells Amber Athey her survival story and asks "What about my choice?"

With New York's passage of a new abortion laws, and Virginia considering them, the time for this conversation is now.

Don’t worry, they said that they would have made her comfortable before they decide wether to murder her. Sounds like a LAST MEAL, for a mass murder....and the baby did WHAT UNFORGIVABLE FELONY?....

DyfuKaaX4AAEuA-.jpg
All of this commotion about aborting babies is all a paid orchestrated events. You have paid protesters that are being paid to make it sounds as if there are many that supports late term abortions. And churches that are going along with the program as well, just for them not to have to pay taxes. Which years ago, they were attacking churches to start making them pay taxes so that they can control them.And the media are being paid as well.

The Daily Caller ^

DyfuKaaX4AAEuA-.jpg
All of this commotion about aborting babies is all a paid orchestrated events. You have paid protesters that are being paid to make it sounds as if there are many that supports late term abortions. And churches that are going along with the program as well, just for them not to have to pay taxes. Which years ago, they were attacking churches to start making them pay taxes so that they can control them.And the media are being paid as well.

These protesters doesn't even know what they are protesting for.

The Daily Caller ^

DyfuKaaX4AAEuA-.jpg

These protesters doesn't even know what they are protesting for.

So don't believe this illusion that everyone wants killing babies. Lot of tax payers money has went into creating it.

Massive Layoffs Triggered By Lack Of Deep State Funding

Sneaky-Obama.jpg

Since there is no question that biologically human life begins at conception, they have to hide behind linguistic gymnastics.
It is impossible for life to begin at conception, because that is the beginning of the development process. If the zygote that becomes a Fetus does not develop to the stage of birth, and after, there never was a life. When Does a Human Life Begin? 17 Timepoints | DNA Science Blog

Thats not true. Crystals grow. After you are dead your fingernails and hair continue to grow.

Actually, no, they do not. The skin around them shrinks as the body dries out, which makes them appear to grow, but they do not in fact continue growing. Crystals "grow"in the sense that they accrue more and more of the same molecules in larger lattices, but there is no differentiation or replication. A living human, OTOH, has cells that replicate themselves and vastly different kinds of cells all functioning together. So try to split linguistic hairs all you want, but an unborn baby is very much alive.

If the baby were NOT alive, the abortionist would not concern himself with making sure he was dead before pulling him out of the mother's body.
You are correct. nails and hair dont continue to grow but as I mentioned crystals do grow and they are not living. You said dead (non living) things dont grow. You were wrong. Yes a fetus is alive. Its not a person until its born.
For that matter cells can grow and reproduce in a Petri dish. That doesn’t make them a person.

Thats not true. Crystals grow. After you are dead your fingernails and hair continue to grow.

Actually, no, they do not. The skin around them shrinks as the body dries out, which makes them appear to grow, but they do not in fact continue growing. Crystals "grow"in the sense that they accrue more and more of the same molecules in larger lattices, but there is no differentiation or replication. A living human, OTOH, has cells that replicate themselves and vastly different kinds of cells all functioning together. So try to split linguistic hairs all you want, but an unborn baby is very much alive.

If the baby were NOT alive, the abortionist would not concern himself with making sure he was dead before pulling him out of the mother's body.
You are correct. nails and hair dont continue to grow but as I mentioned crystals do grow and they are not living. You said dead (non living) things dont grow. You were wrong. Yes a fetus is alive. Its not a person until its born.
For that matter cells can grow and reproduce in a Petri dish. That doesn’t make them a person.

That was a pretty stupid exchange.

It is against the law to murder an unborn child.

It is against the law to murder an unborn child.

Just imagine if the Globalist were successful on bringing down our economy. We be selling everything that belonged to us.

Forum List

Back