About voting I.d being against minorities

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
So I walk by a t.v with MSNBC on and I see a large man screaming about how the new voter i.d law is going to stop minorities from voting. I wonder why it is more likely to stop them from voting and not the whites? Honestly aren't a large percentage of southern whites poor and dumb too? :eusa_shhh:

Why is everything about race to these people? They seem to be saying that blacks aren't capable of getting a i.d to vote and somehow those whites are.

That my friends is racist!!!!

• Banned
I need a i.d to drive a car
I need a i.d to pick up a food box
I need a i.d to get food stamps
I need a I.d to sign some checks ;)
I need a i.d to get drunk

So you're saying that blacks don't take part in those things?

So I walk by a t.v with MSNBC on and I see a large man screaming about how the new voter i.d law is going to stop minorities from voting. I wonder why it is more likely to stop them from voting and not the whites? Honestly aren't a large percentage of southern whites poor and dumb too? :eusa_shhh:

Why is everything about race to these people? They seem to be saying that blacks aren't capable of getting a i.d to vote and somehow those whites are.

Illegal Aliens are still a minority, having to show an I.D. discriminates against them and the democrats depend on those votes.

Yea that's something I really don't get. It's ridiculously easy to get an i.d.

Last november in VA I just showed up at the polling place and gave my name. Didn't have to show them anything. I even brought an extra form of i.d. because I'd recently moved and I was registered in the wrong location. Didn't matter. I could've been living in L.A. for years and it wouldn't have made a difference.

The majority of people who don't have ID's are the poor, the young and the elderly. That demographic, votes primarily democrat. Which is the basic reason for these illegal voter ID laws.

I have been saying the same thing. It is really racist of the left to assume that minorities just aren't capable of doing something as simple as obtaining an ID. It's complete bullshit that a large number of them can't do that.

If a person is living in a house, they either rent or bought it. For both, you need ID.

If a person is eating, they either work or get welfare. For both, you need ID.

If a person has a car, they either paid for it or stole it. The first one requires ID.

If a person is driving a car, they either have a license or drive it illegally. The first one requires ID.

If a person is attending school, they either enrolled by filling out forms honestly and providing all necessary info. or they filled out false information, claiming to be a foreign student or something. The first one requires ID.

If a person drinks or smokes, they either purchase the items or steal the items. The first one requires ID.

If a person votes, they are either a citizen with the right to vote or an illegal alien who has no fucking business going anywhere near our polls. Neither require ID.

To discover voter fraud, you must first know who cast each ballot. If people are voting using other people's identities or falsely created registrations, just how will we know?

Unless there are more than one votes from the same individual, we have no way of telling if there was cheating. The ones who have been caught were those who voted more than once and the computer caught it.

Nothing or no one will catch cheaters who use apparent legitimate ballots only once. That is where the cheating is going on and no one has yet verified that the ballots were cast by citizens. When we have 100% or more of the votes going to a candidate - THERE WAS CHEATING. Liberals know it. Having people use IDs would prevent them from using a dead relative's ballot or a fictitious one. Many illegal registrations are turned in and no one can verify all ballots. Voter ID simply means one vote per eligible citizen. It means nothing else. Just real voters and no cheaters. Anyone who claims otherwise is so full of shit. It's sheer desperation on the part of those who know that those extra ballots are enough to sway the election. And that is more than enough reason to keep fighting those who want our system to be fair.

We've been voting the same way for how long? And now we need id's why? Sorry but I've not seen a single fraud allegation hold up. And if there was fraud you can count on republicans doing it as much as democrats. As soon as turnout goes above 100 percent we can start looking at voter id's. Till then it's clear this is ment to suppress votes.

21,000,000, that's 21 million, citizens in the USA do not have a government issued photo ID that are of legal age....that's NOT small change Matt....

And since you are a bright young man, why don't you do some research and find out what percentage of those 21 million are black...

Last edited:
sigh...there is a difference between needing an ID and needing a gvt issued photo id Clementine....

21 million citizens with no gvt issued photo id ARE living in America without a gvt issued photo id gestapo ''papers''....

what's your purpose of requiring one to vote if you have already registered to vote and have already CLEARED your own State's vetting process?

voter suppression, period! no other reason!

I am by most standard here, a very liberal person.

I do not in any way object to voter ID and think the Dems are completely and totally wrong for objecting to them.

AS LONG as voter IDs are easy to get and FREE, of course

And there is the crux of the problem. As soon as these laws get in, they will be followed by laws that make the ID's harder to get, and not free. That is the whole idea behind what the GOP is doing. Not being able to win elections legally, they are resorting to voter suppression. After all, it worked well in the South for 100 years.

The issue has noting to do with being ‘poor’ or ‘dumb.’

Many older African-Americans were never issued a birth certificate.

There is no evidence that voter ‘fraud’ by identity has changed the outcome of any election. Consequently there is no justification for this restriction of a fundamental right.

I am by most standard here, a very liberal person.

I do not in any way object to voter ID and think the Dems are completely and totally wrong for objecting to them.

AS LONG as voter IDs are easy to get and FREE, of course
What kind of voter id ed? government issued pictured id's or using id at the poll to identify yourself, as yourself, such as your last phone bill coupled with your voter's registration card, or your electric bill with your SSAN card, or your pay stub, with your electric bill....

I have no problems with those either....I don't think our government should require any of us to have to have a government photo id as a National id card that some day on this slippery slope, will be required of us to have to carry on us at all times like the Nazi's did with their required "papers"...

and may I ask, how do you think this solves any voter fraud Ed, when the fraud that takes place is via absentee ballot, or during the voter registration process?

Slippery slope indeed....

Again, none of the above are fundamental Constitutional rights, voting is.

having to present an ID has nothing to do with voting being a constitutional right.

The majority of people who don't have ID's are the poor, the young and the elderly. That demographic, votes primarily democrat. Which is the basic reason for these illegal voter ID laws.

The old on social security, which they need an i.d. to get? The poor on welfare which they need an i.d. to get. The young have no reason to not have an i.d., they will need it the rest of their life. Then there is the illegals who want, and feel entitled to vote.

21,000,000, that's 21 million, citizens in the USA do not have a government issued photo ID that are of legal age....that's NOT small change Matt....

And since you are a bright young man, why don't you do some research and find out what percentage of those 21 million are black...

21 million? you have a link? where do they live under a bridge or are you counting children?

If you walk the streets and county roads around here with out a I..D. you can bet you are going to jail for a few hours to find out who you are.You can betcha all the poor folks carry an I..D. I even remember just being a passenger in a car that got pulled over up in Chicago in the 80's a cop bitching me out because I didnt have a I.D. with me.

Apples and oranges cmparisons don't help your case.

Forum List

Back