Accusing Israel of Genocide is an Antisemitic Trope

Oh my disagreement is that the October 7 attack wasn't genocide. It was a brutal terrorist attack.
Well, the government of one autonomous mostly-state invaded sovereign Israel, killed or abducted every single person they encountered, with the stated goal of repeating it over, and over, and over again. This demonstrates on-going intent, which is a primary distinguishing feature of genocide as opposed to war or terrorism and further demonstrates that the motivating factor was that those targeted belonged to an racial, ethnic, religious, or national group, which is another primary distinguishing feature of genocide.

Even with that aside, do you disagree that when those types of atrocities occur, that the UN should stand with the victim, rather than the perpetrators?

Well, the government of one autonomous mostly-state invaded sovereign Israel, killed or abducted every single person they encountered, with the stated goal of repeating it over, and over, and over again. This demonstrates on-going intent, which is a primary distinguishing feature of genocide as opposed to war or terrorism and further demonstrates that the motivating factor was that those targeted belonged to an racial, ethnic, religious, or national group, which is another primary distinguishing feature of genocide.

Even with that aside, do you disagree that when those types of atrocities occur, that the UN should stand with the victim, rather than the perpetrators?
The international community was in support of Israel until their brutality against civilians pissed all the goodwill away.

The international community was in support of Israel until their brutality against civilians pissed all the goodwill away.
You are not following. The international community FAILED to support a sovereign state which was subjected to a genocidal invasion (or terror attack if you insist) on October 7, 2023. The sovereign state was the victim of a crime against humanity. Why, on October 8, did the international community not fulfill its primary guiding principle?

You are not following. The international community FAILED to support a sovereign state which was subjected to a genocidal invasion (or terror attack if you insist) on October 7, 2023. The sovereign state was the victim of a crime against humanity. Why, on October 8, did the international community not fulfill its primary guiding principle?
Terror attacks happen all the time and even if one happens against Israel it's still a terrorist attack, not genocide as you claim.

So to state the situation at this time, the ICC has not charged Israel with anything and as ignored the Prosecutor's request for arrest warrants, but you continue they will someday issue those warrants.
Nutty and one of his ministers have been charged alright. That much is a fact.

Terror attacks happen all the time and even if one happens against Israel it's still a terrorist attack, not genocide as you claim.

We will agree to disagree on the genocide claim. (Though I'd be curious how you can possibly justify the claim that Israel is committing a genocide while Gaza is not).

So, is the international community not responsible for responding to terror attacks, or are they just impotent when it comes to responding to terror attacks? Shouldn't the international community be doing something to prevent future terror attacks? If so, what should they be doing?

Nutty and one of his ministers have been charged alright. That much is a fact.
No, they haven't been charged. Again, the Prosecutor has requested arrest warrants on those charges back in May but so far the ICC has ignored his request, and since ICC has accepted a deluge of briefs opposing those warrants, it will likely be many months, if at all, before the ICC responds to the Prosecutor's request.

We will agree to disagree on the genocide claim. (Though I'd be curious how you can possibly justify the claim that Israel is committing a genocide while Gaza is not).

So, is the international community not responsible for responding to terror attacks, or are they just impotent when it comes to responding to terror attacks? Shouldn't the international community be doing something to prevent future terror attacks? If so, what should they be doing?
The international community adheres to the liberal order of rules, also called the liberal world order. Putin's Russia ran afoul of the rules. Terrorists/terrorist groups are by definition outside the international community.

No, they haven't been charged. Again, the Prosecutor has requested arrest warrants of those charges back in May but so far the ICC has ignored his request, and since ICC has accepted a deluge of briefs opposing those warrants, it will likely be many months, if at all, before the ICC responds to the Prosecutor's request.
The charges stand as of today

The international community adheres to the liberal order of rules, also called the liberal world order. Putin's Russia ran afoul of the rules. Terrorists/terrorist groups are by definition outside the international community.
Do you mean that the international community shouldn't respond to terrorism? Do you mean that the international community can't respond to terrorism? But the international community can respond to acts which prevent terrorism? That seems somewhat lop-sided, don't you think?

Do you mean that the international community shouldn't respond to terrorism? Do you mean that the international community can't respond to terrorism? But the international community can respond to acts which prevent terrorism? That seems somewhat lop-sided, don't you think?
I'm saying that Israel as a member of the international community should have adhered to the rules in their response to the October attack. The indiscriminate killing of civilians and so many children has put Israel on the wrong side of the law. Israel is no different than Hamas to me

I'm saying that Israel as a member of the international community should have adhered to the rules in their response to the October attack. The indiscriminate killing of civilians and so many children has put Israel on the wrong side of the law. Israel is no different than Hamas to me
You have reached that conclusion either because of your ignorance or bigotry. Israel has rigorously followed International Humanitarian Law since day one of the Gaza operation, even exceeding the requirements of IHL in many cases, and no operation in Gaza that might produce civilian casualties can be ordered unless IDF lawyers have certified that it meets the requirements of International Humanitarian Law, so there has been no indiscriminate killing of civilians.

Okay. Here is my main point. The international community should have responded to the crime against humanity which occurred on October 7, and presented a unified, consistent, unequivocable rejection of terrorism and required Hamas to surrender, release the hostages, renounce its goal to destroy Israel and kill Jews and to cease all hostilities towards a sovereign member State, and backed that up with boots on the ground to prevent further attacks.

The international community must speak with one unified voice that attacks such as the one on October 7 are INCONSISTENT with the values and principles of humanitarian law and will be met head on and that NO State will be left alone to deal with such flagrant breaches of humanitarian law.

(I disagree with everything in your post as points of fact, but I don't want to distract from my main point.)

You have reached that conclusion either because of your ignorance or bigotry. Israel has rigorously followed International Humanitarian Law since day one of the Gaza operation, even exceeding the requirements of IHL in many cases, and no operation in Gaza that might produce civilian casualties can be ordered unless IDF lawyers have certified that it meets the requirements of International Humanitarian Law, so there has been no indiscriminate killing of civilians.
Your post doesn't even qualify as bullshit. It's steer shit.

Okay. Here is my main point. The international community should have responded to the crime against humanity which occurred on October 7, and presented a unified, consistent, unequivocable rejection of terrorism and required Hamas to surrender, release the hostages, renounce its goal to destroy Israel and kill Jews and to cease all hostilities towards a sovereign member State, and backed that up with boots on the ground to prevent further attacks.

The international community must speak with one unified voice that attacks such as the one on October 7 are INCONSISTENT with the values and principles of humanitarian law and will be met head on and that NO State will be left alone to deal with such flagrant breaches of humanitarian law.

(I disagree with everything in your post as points of fact, but I don't want to distract from my main point.)
The international community is not gonna get its hands dirty in Israel's effort to take what's left of the Palestinians land. Get that through your head.

Forum List

Back