Active shooter at YouTube

Actually, each year Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop criminals and mass shooters.....but thanks for not telling the whole truth.

Tell the Sandy Hook parents that. It will make feel much better about losing their babies....

And you tell them how much better it would have been if a Monster, unable to get a gun, instead mowed them down with a car.

You do understand that a homicidal maniac doesn’t care what he kills with, he just wants to kill.

I think it would be far better to discuss why he did it? Was he on mood altering prescription drugs?

Most were, likely him too.

Mass shooters aren't out to "kill" per se. They're out for carnage as a sensory input.

I'd explain that in detail but on you it would be a waste of time.

Sure, you do that pogster. Then explain how a gun is the only way to produce carnage. K?

It isn't....but the second amendment reads "well regulated"...that tells me there has to be guidelines.

Which means yur guns need to be well-oiled and maintained. Keep your powder dry.

Wow, I haven't heard anyone use the word "ary" since Andy Griffith, circa 1961.
Not even here in Appalachia.

You should get out moar. Can you play me a tune on your Jew's harp?

Ain't got one. But I do have a monster hammered dulcimer.
Chromatic too.

Most instruments are by nature, except harmonicas. Possibly some other wind instruments.

Nope. Hammered dulcimers are usually diatonic, at least in this country.
Mine is Chinese. Actually a Yangqin.

My bad, you said Dulcimer, and I was thinking Zither. You can understand that, right? Appalachia/Zither? Not a giant leap.

Aye, dulcimer is used for a couple of different instruments. So is zither, which this also is.

Pennywhistles and recorders are also made in specific keys.

Google don't make my world go 'round. Not ary a bit.

Wow, I haven't heard anyone use the word "ary" since Andy Griffith, circa 1961.
Not even here in Appalachia.

Oh, I bet you have, you just wanted to type and see if anyone cared what you’ve heard in the past 40 years.

Kind of a needy bitch, aintcha?

Actually I've never heard the word at all except that old Andy Griffith record, and Maid Marion just now. That's two occurrences over half a century. I find that noteworthy. Then again, I actually read what's in the posts, so all this i prolly way over your head.

You just keep thinking like that, Pogbitch, and I know a secret I won't tell. :banana:

People like yourself [FFI] are the ones voting to have someone invade my home, take away my rights, and possibly shoot me. That makes you my enemy and there's no difference than if you did that yourself.
Ah, hysterical ninnyism, it never gets old.

Active shooter at YouTube
Oh, another day in 'Murica. Yawn...

Actually, each year Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop criminals and mass shooters.....but thanks for not telling the whole truth.

Tell the Sandy Hook parents that. It will make feel much better about losing their babies....

And you tell them how much better it would have been if a Monster, unable to get a gun, instead mowed them down with a car.

You do understand that a homicidal maniac doesn’t care what he kills with, he just wants to kill.

I think it would be far better to discuss why he did it? Was he on mood altering prescription drugs?

You could be right. All we have to do is cure mental illness, and guns won't be an issue. Why don't you take care of that, and let us know when you're done.

People like yourself [FFI] are the ones voting to have someone invade my home, take away my rights, and possibly shoot me. That makes you my enemy and there's no difference than if you did that yourself.
You deny it but that's exactly what you are trying to bring about - people with no means to defend themselves from people who refuse to obey laws.

Rise in recorded crime is accelerating in England and Wales

Mass shooters aren't out to "kill" per se. They're out for carnage as a sensory input.

Sure, you do that pogster. Then explain how a gun is the only way to produce carnage. K?

It isn't....but the second amendment reads "well regulated"...that tells me there has to be guidelines.

There you go again, misinterpreting the phrase "well regulated."

That phrase meant nothing to do with government "regulation" or restriction. During that time, it mean some thing that worked smoothly...

"The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: “If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations.”

1714: “The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world.”

1812: “The equation of time … is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial.”

1848: “A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor.”

1862: “It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding.”

1894: “The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city.”

The phrase “well-regulated” was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people’s arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it."

"Well-Regulated" - Bearing Arms - Second Amendment, Well-Regulated

I really hope they did not grab her by the you know what to stop her

That phrase meant nothing to do with government "regulation" or restriction. During that time, it mean some thing that worked smoothly...

"The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: “If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations.”

1812: “The equation of time … is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial.”

1848: “A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor.”

1894: “The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city.”

The phrase “well-regulated” was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people’s arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it."

Indeed. So tell us, is a society where every few days another nut goes on a shooting spree, a "well-regulated society"?

You deny it but that's exactly what you are trying to bring about - people with no means to defend themselves from people who refuse to obey laws.

Rise in recorded crime is accelerating in England and Wales

Damn Mikey. You don't have to try being a gun nut like that 2guy. He's already cornered the market on whining about England anyway. Just be you. It's the only thing you are qualified to do anyway.

Indeed. So tell us, is a society where every few days another nut goes on a shooting spree, a "well-regulated society"?

The "well-regulated" part of society are the ones maintaining order. The criminal element and ones who carry out shootings like the one today are the criminal Tories and the British.

Try to wrap your head around that one.

Forum List

Back