Affirmative Action

my solution is to get the government out of trying to enforce fairness. It was needed in the 60's-80's. It is not needed now. Right now the government has policies that are racist, but are racist against the "proper" people.

Enjoy your support of state mandated bigotry.

why the fuck do you keep saying racist?!?! White women are eating up aa more than anyone. How is that racist?

fine, Ill add sexist to the list. Feel better?

I see your game. You seem really really upset talking about blacks then when we go back to white women suddenly you change tones lol. Coincidence I'm sure.

So you are going with I'm a black male racist against whites men not white women and I hate men also. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't forget I also care more about Asians and white women than I do blacks since they get most of it. :lol:

Next youre gonna claim I hate my penis, just give it up and save face :lol:

If AA allowed a percentage of blacks to achieve jobs, why didn't it do the same for whites? In major college or pro basketball, shouldn't there be no more than 14% black? If the blacks got other jobs even though they were less qualified, shouldn't the same be true for whites in basketball?

While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action in the subsequent years, data and studies suggest women — white women in particular — have benefited disproportionately. According to one study, in 1995, 6 million women, the majority of whom were white, had jobs they wouldn’t have otherwise held but for affirmative action.

Another study shows that women made greater gains in employment at companies that do business with the federal government, which are therefore subject to federal affirmative-action requirements, than in other companies — with female employment rising 15.2% at federal contractors but only 2.2% elsewhere. And the women working for federal-contractor companies also held higher positions and were paid better.

Read more: Sally Kohn: Affirmative Action Helps White Women More Than Others | TIME.com

Stop being bitter when Black people have the least to do with Affirmative action but gets all of the blame.

Not one of you are crying about white women getting work. :eusa_boohoo: Tell me more about how its soo unfair against whites, make it believable this time :eusa_shifty:

why the fuck do you keep saying racist?!?! White women are eating up aa more than anyone. How is that racist?

I see your game. You seem really really upset talking about blacks then when we go back to white women suddenly you change tones lol. Coincidence I'm sure.

So you are going with I'm a black male racist against whites men not white women and I hate men also. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't forget I also care more about Asians and white women than I do blacks since they get most of it. :lol:

No, basically I am saying you support discrimination when it helps or suits you. It makes you no better than the racists back in the 60's or the sexists back in the early 1900's.

You just can't get it through your skull that YOU are the bad guy here. i will gladly keep hammering the point into it as long as you want to keep this up.

If AA allowed a percentage of blacks to achieve jobs, why didn't it do the same for whites? In major college or pro basketball, shouldn't there be no more than 14% black? If the blacks got other jobs even though they were less qualified, shouldn't the same be true for whites in basketball?

While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action in the subsequent years, data and studies suggest women — white women in particular — have benefited disproportionately. According to one study, in 1995, 6 million women, the majority of whom were white, had jobs they wouldn’t have otherwise held but for affirmative action.

Another study shows that women made greater gains in employment at companies that do business with the federal government, which are therefore subject to federal affirmative-action requirements, than in other companies — with female employment rising 15.2% at federal contractors but only 2.2% elsewhere. And the women working for federal-contractor companies also held higher positions and were paid better.

Read more: Sally Kohn: Affirmative Action Helps White Women More Than Others | TIME.com

Stop being bitter when Black people have the least to do with Affirmative action but gets all of the blame.

Not one of you are crying about white women getting work. :eusa_boohoo: Tell me more about how its soo unfair against whites, make it believable this time :eusa_shifty:

remind us again about the white women achievement gap

No, basically I am saying you support discrimination when it helps or suits you.

I'm not white and I'm not a women idiot lol

It makes you no better than the racists back in the 60's or the sexists back in the early 1900's.

Yeah because AA is lynching you. Lets have some perspective here

You just can't get it through your skull that YOU are the bad guy here. i will gladly keep hammering the point into it as long as you want to keep this up.

I know, I know...You think I'm a bad guy. The good news is, only you care

No, basically I am saying you support discrimination when it helps or suits you.

It makes you no better than the racists back in the 60's or the sexists back in the early 1900's.

If you are not white, then it does suit you because it helps you. Same thing whites in the south thought from 1877 to the 1960's. Thanks for making my point.

Lynching was only one part of the racism in the south. the denial of basic voting and economic rights was the main part, kind of what AA does to to whites. again, thanks for making my point.

And finally admitting your the bad guy is the first step. I think Ill start calling you Bull Conner.

If you are not white, then it does suit you because it helps you. Same thing whites in the south thought from 1877 to the 1960's. Thanks for making my point.

Lynching was only one part of the racism in the south. the denial of basic voting and economic rights was the main part, kind of what AA does to to whites. again, thanks for making my point.

Even in the private sector, the advancements of white women eclipse those of people of color. After IBM established its own affirmative-action program, the numbers of women in management positions more than tripled in less than 10 years. Data from subsequent years show that the number of executives of color at IBM also grew, but not nearly at the same rate.

And finally admitting your the bad guy is the first step. I think Ill start calling you Bull Conner.

I think I'll call you Bull Shitter

Even in the private sector, the advancements of white women eclipse those of people of color. After IBM established its own affirmative-action program, the numbers of women in management positions more than tripled in less than 10 years. Data from subsequent years show that the number of executives of color at IBM also grew, but not nearly at the same rate.

If thats the best you got, I win. I dont care who benefits most from AA, the policy as a concept if outdated and had outlived its required benefit.

Its still screwing over other people, and just because you like who it is screwing over doesnt make it right. In fact it makes you racist and sexist.

Have a nice day Mr Connor. go aim some hoses at whitey if it makes you feel all warm and racist-fuzzy inside.

If thats the best you got, I win. I dont care who benefits most from AA, the policy as a concept if outdated and had outlived its required benefit.

Your words say otherwise

If you are not white, then it does suit you because it helps you.

Now you don't care? You sure this time? :lol:

Its still screwing over other people, and just because you like who it is screwing over doesnt make it right. In fact it makes you racist and sexist.

Waa

Have a nice day Mr Connor. go aim some hoses at whitey if it makes you feel all warm and racist-fuzzy inside.
Yes, it is true that in the same year, the University of Texas made exceptions and admitted some students with lower grades and test scores than Fisher. Five of those students were black or Latino. Forty-two were white.

Wheres your campaign against white women? LOL

Your words say otherwise

Waa

Yes, it is true that in the same year, the University of Texas made exceptions and admitted some students with lower grades and test scores than Fisher. Five of those students were black or Latino. Forty-two were white.

If we got rid of AA in general she wouldnt have had a problem. I am amazed you keep bringing up the woman angle when all it does is hurt your position.

Its either you are dense or stupid, or a combination of the two (ill go with option C).

Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone

Their successes make the case not for abandoning affirmative action but for continuing it

What this proves is a number of things:

1. AA doesn't discriminate against whites
2. AA isn't for blacks only
3. AA doesn't "destroy" the black community because the white women community Is just fine
4. You can finally stop pretending Affirmative Action is for blacks only. The 2nd group that benefits the most: Asian

Affirmative Action is a violation of the Constitution and offensive to anyone with half a brain.

Your words say otherwise

Waa

If we got rid of AA in general she wouldnt have had a problem. I am amazed you keep bringing up the woman angle when all it does is hurt your position.

Its either you are dense or stupid, or a combination of the two (ill go with option C).

According to the United States Labor Department, the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action are white women. The Department of Labor estimated that 6 million women workers are in higher occupational classifications today than they would have been without affirmative action policies.

It hurts your position of it being racist. :lol::lol::lol:

Your words say otherwise

Waa

According to the United States Labor Department, the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action are white women. The Department of Labor estimated that 6 million women workers are in higher occupational classifications today than they would have been without affirmative action policies.

I've also said it is sexist, and considering that blacks do benefit from it at the expense of whites, it is racist as well.

People who deal in absolutes make poor debaters, you are case in point.

Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone

Their successes make the case not for abandoning affirmative action but for continuing it

What this proves is a number of things:

1. AA doesn't discriminate against whites
2. AA isn't for blacks only
3. AA doesn't "destroy" the black community because the white women community Is just fine
4. You can finally stop pretending Affirmative Action is for blacks only. The 2nd group that benefits the most: Asian

In an effort to enlarge the class of those who suffered from perceived discrimination, white women were conveniently added to the list.
Case and point, many cities and states have in their laws regarding awarding of state and municipal contracts, set asides for minority and WOMEN owned businesses.
Additionally, black people have a disproportionally low participation rate. However, when applicable, blacks are shall we say, pushed to the front of the line.
Non one ever implied that AA was 'for blacks only"..BUT do not imply that blacks do not take full advantage of AA when ever possible.
Nice try though.
Troll thread. Case closed.

I've also said it is sexist, and considering that blacks do benefit from it at the expense of whites, it is racist as well.
People who deal in absolutes make poor debaters, you are case in point.

the University of Texas made exceptions and admitted some students with lower grades and test scores than Fisher. Five of those students were black or Latino. Forty-two were white.

Yeah it helps blacks out 5 out of 42 times. How unfair.

As president of the Anti-Slavery Society, Benjamin Franklin wrote the most elegant proposal for affirmative action that I’ve ever read. It was one-half of a page (the best ideas are often not complicated). He understood that ending slavery was not enough … it was the obligation of our society to provide for and nurture people restored to freedom. We have not followed his advice and pay the price to this day.

Ultimately, affirmative-action programs are necessary to provide access for people who were prevented access by reasons of racism. They are a benefit to our entire society because increasing wealth for underrepresented groups increases wealth for all. Here’s a quick fact: Black households have one-tenth the wealth of white households in this country. If our society caught black households up it would be the equivalent of injecting the entire GDP of Japan into our economy. Who would benefit the most from this? White people. A rising tide lifts all boats, and there are more “white boats” in the bay.

Ask the White Guy: Affirmative Action Benefits Whites Too ... More Than You Think - DiversityInc

Cue the angry white men!

Oh....Because the angry libs are already sounding off?
You people are once again circling the wagons around another one of your failed social engineering policies.
None of you give a rat's ass about minorities. It just looks good in your portfolio of 'causes'.

The successes of white women make a case not for abandoning affirmative action but for continuing it. As the numbers in the Senate and the Fortune 500 show, women still face barriers to equal participation in leadership roles. Of course, the case for continuing affirmative action for people of color is even greater. The median wealth of white households is 20 times that of black households. Researchers found that the same résumé for the same job application will get twice as many callbacks for interviews if the name on the résumé is Greg instead of Jamal. School districts spend more on predominantly white schools than predominantly black schools. The fact that black workers earn, on average, 35% less than white workers in the same job isn’t erased by the election of an African-American President — one who, by the way, openly praises the role of affirmative action in his life and accomplishments.

I always notice how people say AA programs aren't needed anymore because its all good. what about Women's rights programs? or is it ONLY a problem when its race?

You still have not made your case. You are simply flinging mud against a wall in the hopes that some of it sticks.
That's not debate. It's protest.

Forum List

Back