After SC slaps down Biden's unconstitutional student loan scheme, he is trying it again.

The same people who are ranting & raving about student loans have nothing to say about billions of $$$ in Covid relief funds which are nothing but handouts to the well connected in some cases & not a cent has to be paid back unless there is fraud involved. Some who are pissed about Biden's student loan proposals are members of Congress who benefited themselves from the Covid relief payments.
This thread is NOT about covid relief payments. Stick to the subject. I will not warn you again.

And what would Loan "Forgiveness" due to lower the cost of tuition?

Spoiler Alert: Nada. In fact, it only increases tuition costs since the Universities know they'll get paid regardless.

Stupid, left-think got us to this point - and it sure as hell ain't gonna dig us out.
Who said loan forgiveness WOULD lower the cost of tuition?

No one?

No one?
Where does Tater get the authority to appropriate funds? Show us the clause of the Constitution giving him that power.

Where does Tater get the authority to appropriate funds? Show us the clause of the Constitution giving him that power.
Why do you quote me and then not address that quote?

No one?

Um. Shouldn't that be the objective if your goal is to lower the cost of going to college?

All this is doing is moving current Borrowers' debt over to taxpayers.

It does nothing for past students, or future students, and absolutely screws the aforementioned taxpayers.

And guarantees the cost of tuition will continue to soar.

Good job Dems.

A show of hands, who thinks it's okay for Dems to offer people $2,000 or $10,000 or $20,000 cash money to vote for the Democrat? Blatantly using taxpayer money to purchase votes for the Dem party?

No one?
And why not?

I mean, if the democrats in Government want the taxpayer to bail out throngs of former students that received degrees in useless disciplines, that were charged WAY too much to begin with, by over bloated college administrations, and professor roles, not to mention endowments that range in the billions for state schools, that they refuse to dip into concerning this issue....

Why should these colleges not mitigate some of this problem?

And why not?

I mean, if the democrats in Government want the taxpayer to bail out throngs of former students that received degrees in useless disciplines, that were charged WAY too much to begin with, by over bloated college administrations, and professor roles, not to mention endowments that range in the billions for state schools, that they refuse to dip into concerning this issue....

And why not what?

You want lower tuition ? Great

So do I. This thread is not about that

And why not?

You make an excellent point about useless degrees but I might add that stupid people with great degrees are no better. I worked with a young lady who had an engineering degree from MIT. She worked as a low level production supervisor on graveyard shift. Such a waste of a 200K engineering degree.

A little more info about who is eligible for the loan forgiveness:

Borrowers receiving notifications in the coming days include those with Direct Loans or Federal Family Education Loans held by the Department (including Parent PLUS loans of either type) who have reached the necessary forgiveness threshold as a result of receiving credit toward IDR forgiveness for any of the following periods:

• Any month in which a borrower was in a repayment status, regardless of whether payments were partial or late, the type of loan, or the repayment plan;
  • Any period in which a borrower spent 12 or more consecutive months in forbearance;
  • Any month in forbearance for borrowers who spent 36 or more cumulative months in forbearance;
  • Any month spent in deferment (except for in-school deferment) prior to 2013; and
  • Any month spent in economic hardship or military deferments on or after January 1, 2013.

A little more info about who is eligible for the loan forgiveness:

Borrowers receiving notifications in the coming days include those with Direct Loans or Federal Family Education Loans held by the Department (including Parent PLUS loans of either type) who have reached the necessary forgiveness threshold as a result of receiving credit toward IDR forgiveness for any of the following periods:

• Any month in which a borrower was in a repayment status, regardless of whether payments were partial or late, the type of loan, or the repayment plan;
  • Any period in which a borrower spent 12 or more consecutive months in forbearance;
  • Any month in forbearance for borrowers who spent 36 or more cumulative months in forbearance;
  • Any month spent in deferment (except for in-school deferment) prior to 2013; and
  • Any month spent in economic hardship or military deferments on or after January 1, 2013.
Actually, none are eligible because it is blatantly uncontitutional. The SC just ruled on this with his other scheme.

Biden is conning his stupid base for votes again.

Actually, none are eligible because it is blatantly uncontitutional. The SC just ruled on this with his other scheme.

Biden is conning his stupid base for votes again.
It'll be interesting to see if any of the loans are actually discharged.

It'll be interesting to see if any of the loans are actually discharged.
Not one will be. There will be an injunction and the first court it gets to will shoot it down.

Biden is playing his moron base again. He knows he is violating his Oath of Office, but he doesn't care................neither do Bidenista Cultist idiots.

is Biden counting on young, gullible voters to think they’re getting a break on paying off their loans?

All this is - if I’m reading it correctly - is that college grads who were part of the Income-based repayment plan, where the balance of forgiven after 25 years of repayments - will get “credit” for any years they were in forbearance. So If you were out of work for a year, you’d be forgiven after year 24.

That means they are near the 25-year period after which any outstanding balance remaining is forgiven anyway. These are “kids” now in their 40s - when they are at the peak of their career - where the young ones who will still have to pay are in their early career.

And this all presupposes Biden has the constitutional right to spend $40 billion on a new student loan law without going through Congress.

Forum List

Back