All The News Anti-Israel Posters Will Not Read Or Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
The President is expected to announce that the US recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, but he will leave the US embassy in TelAviv.
I know very little about the troubles between Israel and Palestine, but I hear Palestine also wants to claim Jerusalem as its capital and this will be an official insult to them and slow down the hoped for peace negotiations.
Isn't Jerusalem already divided into 'zones' controlled by different religions? Doesn't Israel already have a 'zone' there, and don't the Palestinians, as well?

The President is expected to announce that the US recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, but he will leave the US embassy in TelAviv.
I know very little about the troubles between Israel and Palestine, but I hear Palestine also wants to claim Jerusalem as its capital and this will be an official insult to them and slow down the hoped for peace negotiations.
Isn't Jerusalem already divided into 'zones' controlled by different religions? Doesn't Israel already have a 'zone' there, and don't the Palestinians, as well?
Thank you for showing how little you do know about the Israel-Palestine issue.

Okay, not interested in explaining. Got it.

Did you ask for explanations? For what exactly?

You know very little about the troubles, as you say.
What hoped for Peace Negotiations? Do you see the PLO offering to sit down for any peace negotiations? Did they accept the last two offers?
What is it exactly that they want? Do you know, if you have read the PLO and Hamas charters?

Jerusalem is not "divided into zones" controlled by different religions. Israel is the sole sovereign of ALL of Jerusalem, since 1967.
What "zone" do you think the Palestinians have in Jerusalem?

What hoped for Peace Negotiations? Do you see the PLO offering to sit down for any peace negotiations? Did they accept the last two offers?
What is it exactly that they want? Do you know, if you have read the PLO and Hamas charters?

Jerusalem is not "divided into zones" controlled by different religions. Israel is the sole sovereign of ALL of Jerusalem, since 1967.
I have been hearing since before Trump was elected that he hoped his son-in-law could broker an Israeli-Palestinian peace. I didn't say I was holding my breath waiting for it.
From Wiki (I'm not as stupid as you want me to believe):
How is the Old City of Jerusalem divided?
The Old City of Jerusalem is divided into four quarters; The Jewish Quarter, The Armenian Quarter, The Christian Quarter, and The Muslim Quarter.

Is Jerusalem Palestine or Israel?
Today, the status of Jerusalem remains one of the core issues in the IsraeliPalestinian conflict. During the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, West Jerusalem was among the areas captured and later annexed by Israel while East Jerusalem, including the Old City, was captured and later annexed by Jordan.
how is jerusalem split up - Google Search

So my original question remains, why doesn't Israel use the part of Jerusalem it controls as its capital? And the Palestinians can use their half.

I have been hearing since before Trump was elected that he hoped his son-in-law could broker an Israeli-Palestinian peace. I didn't say I was holding my breath waiting for it.
From Wiki (I'm not as stupid as you want me to believe):
How is the Old City of Jerusalem divided?
The Old City of Jerusalem is divided into four quarters; The Jewish Quarter, The Armenian Quarter, The Christian Quarter, and The Muslim Quarter.

Is Jerusalem Palestine or Israel?
Today, the status of Jerusalem remains one of the core issues in the IsraeliPalestinian conflict. During the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, West Jerusalem was among the areas captured and later annexed by Israel while East Jerusalem, including the Old City, was captured and later annexed by Jordan.
how is jerusalem split up - Google Search

So my original question remains, why doesn't Israel use the part of Jerusalem it controls as its capital? And the Palestinians can use their half.
1) There is no West Jerusalem and East Jerusalem. There is only Jerusalem, which is as it had always been for 3000 years.
The Jordanians conquering the Jewish Quarter for 19 years during the 1948 war, 1948 to 1967 and it does not mean that it now belongs to any other country or people. Jordan tried to annex it but the annexation was not accepted by the British, and many other countries.
During those 19 years, Arabs did not call themselves Palestinians and made no effort to create their own State as Israel had done. They did not pressure Jordan or Egypt to give them Gaza or all of Judea and Samaria which the Jordanians had conquered.
Israel got all of it back during the Arab started war of 1967, because the Jordanians would not heed Israel's call for them not to get involved in this war. The Jordanians wanted more land, and lost what they had already conquered in 1948.

2) Jerusalem, all of it, is the Capital of Israel. There is no country called Palestine.

3) The Quarters are just that. Quarters. They do not "belong" to any different religions, those quarters are simply where Armenians, Christians, Muslims and Jews ended up. No different than Little Tokyo, Chinatown, etc.

4) The core issue for the Arabs/Muslims is that Jews have sovereignty over land the Muslims had once conquered.

There is really no other issue.

A Druze student stands up for Israel at Tel Aviv University. Here is what he writes to “The Shadow” on Facebook:

antisemitism-at-tel-aviv-u.jpg

and in English this is:

Hello Shadow, I am a Druze student at Tel Aviv University and I am sick of the contempt that goes on there . . . yesterday, to an activity for Arab students under the auspices of the Hadash Party, they brought in a Christian Arab singer, an antisemite from Nazareth, Dalal Abu Amneh, who sang the “Palestinian” anthem . . . and the entire audience and the lecturers stood and even waved the PLO flag and the truth is, as a Druze student there, I am enraged at all the contempt that goes on there . . . someone needs to wake up before it is too late. .

(full article online)

Proudly Singing Fidai And Waving PLO Flag On Tel Aviv Campus - Israel Diaries

Awww, those loveable rogues from Detroit’istan have a complaint.

Area Muslims call Trump retweets an ‘assault’

Metro Detroit Muslim leaders and activists, roiled by President Trump’s retweets of anti-Muslim videos, rebuked him Wednesday, calling the tweets nativist, exploitative and an “international assault.”

My inate sense of Multicultural Sensitivity™️ is offended by this. Really, it is. An “international assault” that “hurts Moslems’ feelings” is an issue that should be brought to UN.

Wolfe is wrong — Israel is not inventing names, but reclaiming the ancient Hebrew names for places that had had invented names attached to them by the invading Arabs following the Moslem Conquest in 650 AD and later Ottoman rule.

To compare Israel’s renaming to the way Australia replaced indigenous place-names with Anglo names is to distort history.

Just to show how this lie has taken hold, see a quote from Marcel Svirskey’s book, After Israel: Towards Cultural Transformation (2014) :

(full article online)

Israeli As A Settler-Colonial Project – Foundation Of A Theory

[Nothing changes. Everything remains the same. Mandate for Palestine, et all ]

UK Government contributes
to PA payment of salaries to terrorists
and glorification of Palestinian terrorists
  • While the world is trying to put pressure on the PA to stop paying salaries to Palestinian terrorists the UK continues to fund them
  • While UK law outlaws incitement to terrorism and glorification of acts of terrorism, the UK Government appears to be determined to fund these very same actions abroad

(full article online)

UK Government contributes to PA payment of salaries to terrorists - PMW Bulletins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back