Allowing conceal carry in schools

Someone made the point today that we have secured our airports, so why not our schools?

secured with trained security guards NOT teachers !!

no one is against increasing school security as long as they're not teaching spelling to second graders too ..

I don't favor arming teachers, they should focus on teaching while security focuses on security.

i really don’t see the downside of allowing teachers or even mature students carrying concealed weapons at school. In the 18th and 19th century this was a common occurrence without any issue.

I keep getting told that we can’t trust our teachers with a firearm. That makes no sense. If we can’t trust our teachers to protect our children then how can we trust them to teach our children?

Just because someone can teach calculus does not mean that they can hit the broad side of a barn with a gun.

even if they could their shooting skills abandon them if someone is shooting back if they're not VERY HIGHLY TRAINED in a firefight situation ..

Ideally they will never have to.

But if it’s a choice between protecting the students with nothing and protecting them with a gun, what is more rational?

lock the classroom door and protect your students .. shootouts aint the Fn answer.

And when the shooter pulls the fire alarm?

i really don’t see the downside of allowing teachers or even mature students carrying concealed weapons at school. In the 18th and 19th century this was a common occurrence without any issue.

I keep getting told that we can’t trust our teachers with a firearm. That makes no sense. If we can’t trust our teachers to protect our children then how can we trust them to teach our children?

Just because someone can teach calculus does not mean that they can hit the broad side of a barn with a gun.

even if they could their shooting skills abandon them if someone is shooting back if they're not VERY HIGHLY TRAINED in a firefight situation ..

But if it’s a choice between protecting the students with nothing and protecting them with a gun, what is more rational?

lock the classroom door and protect your students .. shootouts aint the Fn answer.

now you get to teacher input ... make alarms accessable with keypads .. every teacher has a code assigned to them by school admin. enter the code the alarm goes off.

end of problem.

TOTAL BULL. You obviously don't know that most people with a carry license DO get training and DO practice regularly. If someone is trying to kill you with a gun, you will be trying your damned best to get them first. Skill or no skill, better to be able to shoot back and have a chance of hitting them than NO CHANCE AT ALL, besides, while you are shooting at the attacker, he will be tied down with your fire, backing off, rather than spraying the classroom killing the school kids. Just once show a little common sense.

I have a carry license dipshit .. I can give you a third eye at 40 yards OR TAKE THE SECOND BUTTON OFF YOUR SHIRT AT 300 YARDS .. accuracy isnt the issue - mental training and applying it is .. hard core breech and neutralize teams like SWAT or SEALS train more times a year than you have IQ points.. average pukes like you change dramatically when youre being shot at .. everything but your mouth and internet bravado ..

TOTAL BULL. You obviously don't know that most people with a carry license DO get training and DO practice regularly. If someone is trying to kill you with a gun, you will be trying your damned best to get them first. Skill or no skill, better to be able to shoot back and have a chance of hitting them than NO CHANCE AT ALL, besides, while you are shooting at the attacker, he will be tied down with your fire, backing off, rather than spraying the classroom killing the school kids. Just once show a little common sense.

I have a carry license dipshit .. I can give you a third eye at 40 yards OR TAKE THE SECOND BUTTON OFF YOUR SHIRT AT 300 YARDS .. accuracy isnt the issue - mental training and applying it is .. hard core breech and neutralize teams like SWAT or SEALS train more times a year than you have IQ points.. average pukes like you change dramatically when youre being shot at .. everything but your mouth and internet bravado ..
sure --at a paper target--not the real thing
I've put out the links and stats on this before
the highly trained police notorious for being inacuurate!!
HARSH REALITY: Police Are Not Highly Trained Firearms Experts
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-police...hit-the-target-What-should-be-done-about-that
upload_2018-2-23_17-30-0.png

much more info here:
https://cops.usdoj.gov/pdf/deadly-force-statistical-analysis.pdf

•At least 2,623 bullets were fired by police in 435 shootings. In 235 of those incidents, officers struck at least one person; in another 200 shootings, officers missed entirely
92 deaths, 2,623 bullets: Tracking every Chicago police shooting over 6 years
but I guess you are inhuman

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-police...hit-the-target-What-should-be-done-about-that
View attachment 178656
much more info here:

•At least 2,623 bullets were fired by police in 435 shootings. In 235 of those incidents, officers struck at least one person; in another 200 shootings, officers missed entirely

the first thing you need to do is read the entire thread and figure out what my position is ,,,

the second thing you need to do is try and keep up from now on before you begin to look really stupid ....

View attachment 178656
much more info here:

the first thing you need to do is read the entire thread and figure out what my position is ,,,

the second thing you need to do is try and keep up from now on before you begin to look really stupid ....
so instead of being mature/sensible you act stupid--

You mean you trust immature teenagers to have, or even be around, guns in a school. Wow, you are either really trusting or really naive.

When I think of teachers having guns in schools the first thing I think is "How long till the kids make it a game to try and take the teacher's gun?"

Even if I did support this, I would demand teachers go through the most strenuous background check imaginable. If a friend the teacher knew 10 years ago says they saw the teacher showing road rage after being cut off, no gun in school for you.

Teachers ALREADY undergo strenuous background checks!

Someone made the point today that we have secured our airports, so why not our schools?

no one is against increasing school security as long as they're not teaching spelling to second graders too ..

I don't favor arming teachers, they should focus on teaching while security focuses on security.

You might be able to obtain their attention faster.

Conduct another poll, when an armed shooter enters their classroom.
`
Why? Do you think that will change a teachers mind? Teachers are barely getting paid enough to do their primary duty to teach. Now, trump wants them to carry guns, just in case? That may work in urban public schools But these child massacres are happening in suburban public schools. All of the perps have been males.
`

Why?

Well, for starters when they are standing there, defenseless and the
shooter opens up, they may want a weapon.

If there are teachers that cannot handle it, they won't be forced
to carry a weapon.

There are some in every school that want to carry a weapon. We should
let them, as long as they know what they are doing with it.

It doesn't matter that all the shooters have been males. The teacher is not going to be asked to engage in hand-to-hand combat. Just pull the
trigger and kill the sob before he kills the students.

Aside being being a total bullshit liar, you're an idiot for suggesting that a person needs a level of skill and training impractical and unattainable to nearly all before they should arm themselves and fight back to save their life and those of children in a set of situations you cannot possible even anticipate! Congrats, Moron, you've just topped your own record for dumbest possible things said ever.

so why in hell does LAW ENFORCEMENT disagree with your stupid ass ...

gawd, RW's get dumber by the F'n second ... dipshit message board members know MUCH BETTER than the people that do it for a living.

go rub one off moron.

Law enforcement who stayed safely outside when the shooting was in progress?

Not one, not two or three but four deputies outside.

When secords count, law enforcement is only minutes away...from the safe perimeter, where they will stop and wait for reinforcements.

now you get to teacher input ... make alarms accessable with keypads .. every teacher has a code assigned to them by school admin. enter the code the alarm goes off.

end of problem.

So what happens when there is a fire and teachers are busy in their classrooms unknowingly? If they are the only ones that could set off an alarm and the fire is quick spreading, it could also mean lives. If that's where we need to go, then just get rid of fire alarms and let people use their cell phone to notify the fire department.

The problem with that is security in this case failed the students. They were more worried about procedure than saving lives. That deputy stood outside listening to every gunshot, and every gunshot meant a young life and he waited for his friends instead of going in and being a hero.

An armed faculty member would not follow three pages of procedure before acting. They would react immediately. Just think of how many lives that football coach could have saved (including his own) if he were armed.

A teacher can't teach spelling to second graders and learn the techniques to save lives in the event of a school shooting?

The odds of anyone's school being shot up by a crazed fucker are not great enough for us to arm teachers.

It's stupid. It won't help and it will make schools more dangerous.

So trying to solve the problem by disarming 320 million citizens is the answer? I agree with you that such shootings are rare, so why is the left trying to destroy the NRA over it?

Forum List

Back