Amazing chutzpah - New 9-11 museum never mentions WTC-7!!!

Freefall applied only to 8 stories over 2.25 seconds of the total collapse time.
That would have required the near-simultaneous buckling and breaking of the 58 perimeter columns and most of the 25 core columns over all eight floors. Your government's official explanation is "office fires."

A Scientific Theory of the WTC 7 Collapse | Foreign Policy Journal

What would the "freefall" time be to drop 8 stories (approx 90 feet)

Acceleration due to gravity is 32 ft per second squared
A falling object would take 1.67 seconds to drop 90 feet

2.25 seconds is hardly "freefall"

Kind of shoots your theory to hell doesn't it?

So what do we have in terms of "Freefall" of WTC 7?

Worst case, 8 floors took 2.25 sec. The rest of the building took over 14 sec

At freefall speeds 162 feet would be covered in 2.25 sec almost twice that which WTC experienced
Now, I'm really CONFUSED, Winger:mad:
571 feet is equal to about 174.04 meters.
According to equations on the Physics Classroom:Kinematic Equations and Free Fall, I get 5.959 seconds for an object to free fall 174.04 meters NOT feet in a vacuum.

What would the "freefall" time be to drop 8 stories (approx 90 feet)

Acceleration due to gravity is 32 ft per second squared
A falling object would take 1.67 seconds to drop 90 feet

2.25 seconds is hardly "freefall"

Kind of shoots your theory to hell doesn't it?

At freefall speeds 162 feet would be covered in 2.25 sec almost twice that which WTC experienced
According to equations on the Physics Classroom:Kinematic Equations and Free Fall, I get 5.959 seconds for an object to free fall 174.04 meters NOT feet in a vacuum.

Will you Truthers please get the lie you are trying to sell straight?

If you are talking about the WHOLE WTC 7 it took 14 SECONDS....much more than a 5.9 sec free fall

If you are talking about a tiny portion of the building which appeared to fall faster than the rest, those 90 feet took 2.25 sec, much more than the 1.67 free fall time

In either case, the building did not fall at FREEFALL speeds

If you are talking about the WHOLE WTC 7 it took 14 SECONDS....much more than a 5.9 sec free fall

If you are talking about a tiny portion of the building which appeared to fall faster than the rest, those 90 feet took 2.25 sec, much more than the 1.67 free fall time

Have you noticed how WTC7's roof line does not begin to collapse until about eight seconds into your video? No one is saying all 47 floors collapsed at free fall; however, 8 floors did which would have required 400 structural steel connections to fail evenly over all 8 floors every second.:badgrin:

Have you noticed how WTC7's roof line does not begin to collapse until about eight seconds into your video? No one is saying all 47 floors collapsed at free fall; however, 8 floors did which would have required 400 structural steel connections to fail evenly over all 8 floors every second.:badgrin:

What you saw was the internal structure of the building compromised which enabled the penthouse to drop down into it. That shows what happened to your 400 structural steel connections. They were gone.
Your eight floors fell at almost half the speed of freefalL

What you saw was the internal structure of the building compromised which enabled the penthouse to drop down into it. That shows what happened to your 400 structural steel connections. They were gone.
Half the speed of freefall?
90 feet is equal to about 27.43 meters.
Right?
I get a time of 2.365 seconds of free-fall over those 8 floors.

Right?

You could FREEFALL 160 feet in 2.365 seconds

Almost twice the distance the building actually fell

Right?

Show your math.

In a video, it appears that WTC 7 is descending in free fall, something that would not occur in the structural collapse that you describe. How can you ignore basic laws of physics?

In the draft WTC 7 report (released Aug. 21, 2008; available at WTC Disaster Study), NIST stated that the north face of the building descended 18 stories (the portion of the collapse visible in the video) in 5.4 seconds, based on video analysis of the building collapse. This time period is 40 percent longer than the 3.9 seconds this process would have taken if the north face of the building had descended solely under free fall conditions. During the public comment period on the draft report, NIST was asked to confirm this time difference and define the reasons for it in greater detail.

To further clarify the descent of the north face, NIST recorded the downward displacement of a point near the center of the roofline from first movement until the north face was no longer visible in the video. Numerical analyses were conducted to calculate the velocity and acceleration of the roofline point from the time-dependent displacement data. The instant at which vertical motion of the roofline first occurred was determined by tracking the numerical value of the brightness of a pixel (a single element in the video image) at the roofline. This pixel became brighter as the roofline began to descend because the color of the pixel started to change from that of the building façade to the lighter color of the sky.

The approach taken by NIST is summarized in Section 3.6 of the final summary report, NCSTAR 1A (released Nov. 20, 2008; available at WTC Disaster Study) and detailed in Section 12.5.3 of NIST NCSTAR 1-9 (available at WTC Disaster Study).

The analyses of the video (both the estimation of the instant the roofline began to descend and the calculated velocity and acceleration of a point on the roofline) revealed three distinct stages characterizing the 5.4 seconds of collapse:
•Stage 1 (0 to 1.75 seconds): acceleration less than that of gravity (i.e., slower than free fall).
•Stage 2 (1.75 to 4.0 seconds): gravitational acceleration (free fall)
•Stage 3 (4.0 to 5.4 seconds): decreased acceleration, again less than that of gravity

This analysis showed that the 40 percent longer descent time—compared to the 3.9 second free fall time—was due primarily to Stage 1, which corresponded to the buckling of the exterior columns in the lower stories of the north face. During Stage 2, the north face descended essentially in free fall, indicating negligible support from the structure below. This is consistent with the structural analysis model which showed the exterior columns buckling and losing their capacity to support the loads from the structure above. In Stage 3, the acceleration decreased as the upper portion of the north face encountered increased resistance from the collapsed structure and the debris pile below.
Questions and Answers about the NIST WTC 7 Investigation

Right?

Show your math.

Equations for a falling body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Near the surface of the Earth, use g*=*9.81*m/s² (meters per second squared; which might be thought of as "meters per second, per second", or 32*ft/s² as "feet per second per second") approximately.

2.365 squared equals 5.6
5.6 Times 32 equals 159 feet

Last edited:
[
If a majority of Americans should ever become convinced elements of their government allowed 911 to happen,

Hey stupid. They didn't allow it to happen, they did it!! And we years ago passed the point where more than half of america knows it. I guarantee everyone on this thread who says they accept the official story is a liar and paid govt shill.

Show your math.

Near the surface of the Earth, use g*=*9.81*m/s² (meters per second squared; which might be thought of as "meters per second, per second", or 32*ft/s² as "feet per second per second") approximately.

2.365 squared equals 5.6
5.6 x 32 = 179.2 feet

Here's the formula I found and how it applies to a roofer dropping a pile of shingles from a roof top located 8.52 meters above the ground:

"d = vi • t + ½ • a • t2
Once the equation is identified and written down, the next step involves substituting known values into the equation and using proper algebraic steps to solve for the unknown information. This step is shown below.

-8.52 m = (0 m/s) • (t) + ½ • (-9.8 m/s2) • (t)2

-8.52 m = (0 m) *(t) + (-4.9 m/s2) • (t)2

-8.52 m = (-4.9 m/s2) • (t)2

(-8.52 m)/(-4.9 m/s2) = t2

1.739 s2 = t2

t = 1.32 s"

Kinematic Equations and Free Fall

I can't believe people here are still arguing about a simple physics formula most of us learned in 8th grade.

s = 1/2 x g x t x t

"Everyone has seen the destruction of the Twin Towers. Many people have never seen, or even heard about, the destruction of Building 7, a 47-story building across the street from the North Tower.

"For many people it was seeing Building 7 fall that brought them into the 9/11 Truth Movement. Building 7 came down at 5:20 in the evening of 9/11, even though it was not hit by an airplane and only had fires on a few floors.

"If you have ever seen a controlled demolition on TV, that is what the collapse of Building 7 looked like.

"It was a bottom-up demolition.

"It looks like the building is just sinking into the ground.

"The roof line stayed level as it fell, implying that the onset of collapse was simultaneous across the whole width of the building, and it came down in freefall, implying that it met zero resistance.

"I had heard others claim that it fell at freefall, which seemed hard to believe, so I measured the rate of collapse myself.

"I can confirm that the first 2.5 seconds of the collapse is indistinguishable from absolute freefall.

"Everything about the collapse points to controlled demolition.

"The 9/11 commission omitted any mention of Building 7, and the main NIST investigation offered no explanation for its collapse."

Why I Am Convinced 9/11 Was an Inside Job

"Everyone has seen the destruction of the Twin Towers. Many people have never seen, or even heard about, the destruction of Building 7, a 47-story building across the street from the North Tower.

"For many people it was seeing Building 7 fall that brought them into the 9/11 Truth Movement. Building 7 came down at 5:20 in the evening of 9/11, even though it was not hit by an airplane and only had fires on a few floors.

"If you have ever seen a controlled demolition on TV, that is what the collapse of Building 7 looked like.

"The roof line stayed level as it fell, implying that the onset of collapse was simultaneous across the whole width of the building, and it came down in freefall, implying that it met zero resistance.

"I had heard others claim that it fell at freefall, which seemed hard to believe, so I measured the rate of collapse myself.

"I can confirm that the first 2.5 seconds of the collapse is indistinguishable from absolute freefall.

"The 9/11 commission omitted any mention of Building 7, and the main NIST investigation offered no explanation for its collapse."

Bldg 7 was controlled demo and that's the most obvious thing in the world. All the posters here who say otherwise are paid govt shills. That's obvious too.

Show your math.

2.365 squared equals 5.6
5.6 x 32 = 179.2 feet

Here's the formula I found and how it applies to a roofer dropping a pile of shingles from a roof top located 8.52 meters above the ground:

"d = vi • t + ½ • a • t2
Once the equation is identified and written down, the next step involves substituting known values into the equation and using proper algebraic steps to solve for the unknown information. This step is shown below.

-8.52 m = (0 m/s) • (t) + ½ • (-9.8 m/s2) • (t)2

-8.52 m = (0 m) *(t) + (-4.9 m/s2) • (t)2

-8.52 m = (-4.9 m/s2) • (t)2

(-8.52 m)/(-4.9 m/s2) = t2

1.739 s2 = t2

t = 1.32 s"

Kinematic Equations and Free Fall
false equivalent.. not valid

A&E FOR TRUTH is not scientifically credible...

Bldg 7 was controlled demo and that's the most obvious thing in the world. All the posters here who say otherwise are paid govt shills. That's obvious too.
really got any evidence to back that up?
a check stub will do!

If it was controlled demo, why hasn't anybody come forward with proof of det cord and detonator remnants in the rubble??

If it was controlled demo, why hasn't anybody come forward with proof of det cord and detonator remnants in the rubble??
gremlins!

Forum List

Back