America: “You have the RIGHT to an attorney”.....but not a doctor right guys?

Is the right to a doctor in the Constitution?

Funny.

Obamacare said 1) I could keep my plan, 2) keep my doctor and that 3) I would save at least $2500 a year.

Obamacare lied.

Now what?
Trump said his plan was going to be way better and cost less. Where is it?
The plan was to get rid of Obamacare. We were better off before Obamacare.

Funny how US LAW dictates you are entitled, have a RIGHT to the service of an attorney...when you are accused of a crime. In fact if you cant afford one the govt literally says “one will be provided to you” free of charge. Wow. Thats pretty amazing. But get sick? OOOOOHHHH NO....now you don’t have the right to someones service.

And you wonder why PRESIDENT BERNIE SANDERS is going to happen?

I get your point Peachfuzz, but understand this:
  1. Law and a legal defense is a matter of government domain. One can need a lawyer for a LOT of reasons, not just because they chose to do something wrong, and the Constitution mandates a fair trial.
  2. Taking care of an illness or injury is a matter of private practice. Your body is not the domain of the government. But yeah, we really do need to fix healthcare.
  3. There ain't an icecube's chance in hell that Bolshevik Bernie will ever be POTUS. Better wrap your head around that fact right now.
Well, all the Democrats except Kobuchar are running on universal health care, aren't they? Correct me if I'm wrong.

And one of them is going to be taking over in January 2021.

The Declaration of Independence, written by our Founding Fathers, says that certain rights are self evident, life being one of them. Now that doctors can actually save lives and improve lives on a daily basis, it seems the right to life should be considered in this argument.

On the contrary, every military action is faced with demands to know how we'll pay for it.

I guess I missed the bills to pay for them. We aren't paying for them.

so our military is doing its job with no pay? WTF is wrong with you? of course we are paying for them,

Debt. Start paying up. (You knew how stupid your point was before making it)

Oh, you want to talk about debt? Great, lets start with the FACT that obama increased our national debt from 9 trillion to almost 20 trillion in 8 years, more than all other presidents combined. Yeah, lets talk debt and which party's policies have created most of it.

Trump's military expenditures were all funded by congress and included in the budget. do you really want to get into this?

Obama did. See I do not deny that nor did I support much of anything Obama did so yours really is not a valid rebuttal.

The budget was not funded. It ran us into another trillion dollars in debt (just like Obama).

The thing is Obama didn't do that.

The bush boy took our national debt to nearly 13 trillion dollars. He kept most of his wars off the general budget. Funding for it was mostly done by "emergency" spending bills. When Obama took office that debt was added to the general budget. Over night it shot up from 10 trillion to nearly 13 trillion dollars.

Obama started with a national debt of just short of 13 trillion dollars. He took that debt up to 19. trillion.

He added 6 trillion to the national debt. He also slashed the deficit by nearly 1 trillion dollars. The bush boy left a new historic high in deficit and over 1 trillion for the first time in our history. That deficit was 1.4 trillion when Obama took office. When Obama left office it was 400 and something billion. Which is nearly 1 trillion decrease in deficit. If he had more time or the republicans had worked with him, he would have eliminated that deficit and started to work on lowering the debt, just as Clinton was doing. Then the bush boy came along and blew it all up.

Obama got at least a little control on it but trump is president now and it's back to being out of control.

I really wish people would be honest.

Funny how US LAW dictates you are entitled, have a RIGHT to the service of an attorney...when you are accused of a crime. In fact if you cant afford one the govt literally says “one will be provided to you” free of charge. Wow. Thats pretty amazing.

But get sick? OOOOOHHHH NO....now you don’t have the right to someones service.

I get it now. I can CHOOSE to commit a crime, then im entitled to someones service. But I DONT choose to get sick, but when I do, Im no longer entitled to medical services.

And you wonder why PRESIDENT BERNIE SANDERS is going to happen? This is why. And its past due.

What a horseshit OP. No one in the USA is denied medical care. NO ONE. Even those here illegally. But yes, if you get it free it may not be as convenient as if you were paying for it. tough shit.

Top 10 Reasons People Go Bankrupt | HuffPost

Nobody should have to file for bankruptcy because they get sick.

they don't. What that article fails to accurately describe is that, yes, most bankruptcies include some medical bills, but no bankruptcies occur only because of medical bills. It also does not address the FACT that unpaid medical bills are almost always written off by the hospital or medical provider. Medical providers do not take people to court for unpaid medical bills.

your article is bullshit

Of course bankruptcies are because of medical bills. Yes, if you are going to file you are going to include everything but those other things are getting paid without the medical bills.

No one should have to file for bankruptcy because they get sick.

no one files bankruptcy simply because they get sick. Thats a bullshit lie.

Funny how US LAW dictates you are entitled, have a RIGHT to the service of an attorney...when you are accused of a crime. In fact if you cant afford one the govt literally says “one will be provided to you” free of charge. Wow. Thats pretty amazing. But get sick? OOOOOHHHH NO....now you don’t have the right to someones service.

1. Law and a legal defense is a matter of government domain. One can need a lawyer for a LOT of reasons, not just because they chose to do something wrong, and the Constitution mandates a fair trial.
  2. Taking care of an illness or injury is a matter of private practice. Your body is not the domain of the government. But yeah, we really do need to fix healthcare.
  3. There ain't an icecube's chance in hell that Bolshevik Bernie will ever be POTUS. Better wrap your head around that fact right now.
Well, all the Democrats except Kobuchar are running on universal health care, aren't they? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Declaration of Independence, written by our Founding Fathers, says that certain rights are self evident, life being one of them. Now that doctors can actually save lives and improve lives on a daily basis, it seems the right to life should be considered in this argument.

We have that right today, no one is being denied medical care in the USA today. NO ONE !

so our military is doing its job with no pay? WTF is wrong with you? of course we are paying for them,

Oh, you want to talk about debt? Great, lets start with the FACT that obama increased our national debt from 9 trillion to almost 20 trillion in 8 years, more than all other presidents combined. Yeah, lets talk debt and which party's policies have created most of it.

Trump's military expenditures were all funded by congress and included in the budget. do you really want to get into this?

Obama did. See I do not deny that nor did I support much of anything Obama did so yours really is not a valid rebuttal.

The budget was not funded. It ran us into another trillion dollars in debt (just like Obama).

The bush boy took our national debt to nearly 13 trillion dollars. He kept most of his wars off the general budget. Funding for it was mostly done by "emergency" spending bills. When Obama took office that debt was added to the general budget. Over night it shot up from 10 trillion to nearly 13 trillion dollars.

Obama started with a national debt of just short of 13 trillion dollars. He took that debt up to 19. trillion.

He added 6 trillion to the national debt. He also slashed the deficit by nearly 1 trillion dollars. The bush boy left a new historic high in deficit and over 1 trillion for the first time in our history. That deficit was 1.4 trillion when Obama took office. When Obama left office it was 400 and something billion. Which is nearly 1 trillion decrease in deficit. If he had more time or the republicans had worked with him, he would have eliminated that deficit and started to work on lowering the debt, just as Clinton was doing. Then the bush boy came along and blew it all up.

Obama got at least a little control on it but trump is president now and it's back to being out of control.

I wish you would be honest. Obama doubled the debt, nothing you can say changes that.

Funny how US LAW dictates you are entitled, have a RIGHT to the service of an attorney...when you are accused of a crime. In fact if you cant afford one the govt literally says “one will be provided to you” free of charge. Wow. Thats pretty amazing.

I get it now. I can CHOOSE to commit a crime, then im entitled to someones service. But I DONT choose to get sick, but when I do, Im no longer entitled to medical services.

And you wonder why PRESIDENT BERNIE SANDERS is going to happen? This is why. And its past due.

The shameless premise of “give me free shit” is recognized but tell us...who has been deprived of the “RIGHT” to a doctor?

And the relevancy of that is . . . . what?

One of WHO? Taking over WHAT? You actually think one of those hapless clowns will be taking over as POTUS in November?

The Declaration of Independence, written by our Founding Fathers, says that certain rights are self evident, life being one of them.
The Right To Life. Meaning that the State cannot simply take life from you wantonly without Due Process.

That hasn't a thing to do with healthcare.

But I agree: our healthcare system isn't working for anyone but the rich.

All of it is more important than wars to prop up wall street but no one ever asks how we will pay for that.
On the contrary, every military action is faced with demands to know how we'll pay for it.

Then why haven’t Republicans forced Trump to reduce debt like they promised for eight years

If only we were running things, we wouldn’t have this debt

You have a right to a one way ticket to Venezuela

What a horseshit OP. No one in the USA is denied medical care. NO ONE. Even those here illegally. But yes, if you get it free it may not be as convenient as if you were paying for it. tough shit.

Top 10 Reasons People Go Bankrupt | HuffPost

Nobody should have to file for bankruptcy because they get sick.

they don't. What that article fails to accurately describe is that, yes, most bankruptcies include some medical bills, but no bankruptcies occur only because of medical bills. It also does not address the FACT that unpaid medical bills are almost always written off by the hospital or medical provider. Medical providers do not take people to court for unpaid medical bills.

your article is bullshit

Of course bankruptcies are because of medical bills. Yes, if you are going to file you are going to include everything but those other things are getting paid without the medical bills.

No one should have to file for bankruptcy because they get sick.

no one files bankruptcy simply because they get sick. Thats a bullshit lie.
Happens all the time
What do you think happens with overwhelming medical bills?

I wish you would be honest. Obama doubled the debt, nothing you can say changes that.
Obama cut the deficit in half
Trump has doubled it

So you're anti abortion, huh.

We have that right today, no one is being denied medical care in the USA today. NO ONE !

I gotta say Red:

Hardly no one is being denied medical INSURANCE of some kind. But some people are being denied medical CARE they need left and right. And that's a fact.

Yeah about that...Um I'm 63 and haven't needed either. If you don't do drugs or taunt cops, its amazing how far you can go.

Well good for you.

There are other people who don't taunt cops or do drugs but still need health care.

Like people who are diagnosed with cancer or Parkinson's or Alzheimers or any one of countless diseases people have the misfortune to have to fight for their lives.. Or babies born with birth defects.

How can you be such a selfish and self centered person?

This world doesn't revolve around you.
People diagnosed with cancer, Parkinson's orb Alzheimer's have the best free care. Babies born with birth defects never incur a bill of any kind. Huge charities pick up the tab. City of Hope even pays the living expenses of families. Unborn babies diagnosed with spina bifida have no less than six charities vying to pay for in utero surgery.

This is a loser argument.

Sanders isn't going to happen. That is a wet dream.

You have medical services available. You just have to pay for them.

They may refer you to a cancer specialist but they are not going to treat it.
Yes, Medicaid patients do get cancer treatment.

Government healthcare not good enough?

Next?

Not everyone qualifies for Medicaid but as you point out, taxpayers are on the hook for that. I thought that is what you are arguing against?
When we started social programs this opened up a lot of potential hornets nests. The downside was and is that medical costs have escalated into the stratosphere. It is a shame that prices went up as much as they did. Having reasonable prices with the social help would be a good thing. Somehow medical care quality would be affected if forced on providers under a government system. But we seem to be heading that way.

Your arguments are that medical costs only went up because of the governments involvement. I reject that. The governments in other countries are even more involved in their health care than ours and their costs are lower.

Medical costs did go up when reagan got our government involved.

He deregulated the insurance industry and privatized most hospitals.

Before reagan most insurance was non profit and so were most hospitals. We also had a lot of public hospitals.

That all changed in the 80s with reagan.

He also inflicted "cost shifting" on us. Which is one of the biggest reasons why our medical bills are so high. The medical bills that aren't paid, are then cost shifted to those of us who do pay our medical bills causing our bills too be many more times higher than they should be.

Reagan also inflicted the HMOs on us.

Obamacare has saved America at least 2.3 trillion dollars as of the end of 2018.

The Affordable Care Act has saved billions in health care costs - STAT

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 8.18.53 AM.png

The right to an attorney is in the Constitution. The right to a doctor isn't. The right to a doctor is simply something that the "Greatest Christian Nation" in the world should provide. After all Communist Cuba is even able to do that.

Heck what is odd is the "Greatest Christian Nation" in the world even tried to stop that from happening. Makes no sense to me.

While the right answer is out there somewhere, nobody is holding the conversation.

If you start with the conclusion....you get what you have now....nothing.

What should we provide. I have an opinion. I am willing to discuss it. When you tell me the answer.....without listening to me....I shut my hears and label you an asshole.

If you can't afford an attorney one will be provided for you...if you can't afford a doctor you get to see one anyway....ever heard of the emergency room or the free clinic?.....I don't see much difference.....

Americans are skipping medically necessary prescriptions because of the cost
Americans are skipping medically necessary prescriptions because of the cost

For many Americans, the cost of regularly taking and filling their medications is too much. So much so, 44% of respondents in a new online poll say that within the last year, they did not purchase at least one medically necessary prescription because of cost.

That’s according to an online flash poll of over 1,000 U.S. adults conducted by PawnGuru, an online marketplace that conducts regular surveys on a range of topics affecting low-income and under-banked Americans.

Forum List

Back