Americans Not In The Labor Force Rise To Record 93,194,000

Where_r_my_Keys

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2014
Time and time again, we hear how we've been in a six year long "ECONOMIC RECOVERY", yet by every standard, the US Economy has not recovered.

In truth, the best defense the Left has to offer against the claim that the US Economy is worse now than in the great depression, is that "THERE ARE NO SOUP LINES!".

Of course, in reality, thus in truth, the modern iteration of "The Soup Lines" are found in the Welfare Checks and YEARS of Unemployment Checks... . All of which leads to people falling out of the work force.

Below is a brilliant analysis of THAT:

In what was an "unambiguously" unpleasant April jobs payrolls report, with a March revision dragging that month's job gain to the lowest level since June of 2012, the fact that the number of Americans not in the labor force rose once again, this time to 93,194K from 93,175K, with the result being a participation rate of 69.45 or just above the lowest percentage since 1977, will merely catalyze even more upside to the so called "market" which continues to reflect nothing but central bank liquidity, and thus - the accelerating deterioration of the broader economy.

End result: with the civilian employment to population ratio unchanged from last month at 59.3%, one can easily see, on the chart below, why there will be no broad wage growth any time soon, which will merely allow the Fed to engage in its failed policies for a long, long time.

Americans Not In The Labor Force Rise To Record 93 194 000 Zero Hedge

Baby boomers retiring

ROFLMNAO!

Yes yes... only problem ya have there is the 95 million people are within the age group that is considered as being part of the work force... thus RETIREES are not being counted as 'not in the work force'.

See how that works?

Time and time again, we hear how we've been in a six year long "ECONOMIC RECOVERY", yet by every standard, the US Economy has not recovered.

In truth, the best defense the Left has to offer against the claim that the US Economy is worse now than in the great depression, is that "THERE ARE NO SOUP LINES!".

Of course, in reality, thus in truth, the modern iteration of "The Soup Lines" are found in the Welfare Checks and YEARS of Unemployment Checks... . All of which leads to people falling out of the work force.

In what was an "unambiguously" unpleasant April jobs payrolls report, with a March revision dragging that month's job gain to the lowest level since June of 2012, the fact that the number of Americans not in the labor force rose once again, this time to 93,194K from 93,175K, with the result being a participation rate of 69.45 or just above the lowest percentage since 1977, will merely catalyze even more upside to the so called "market" which continues to reflect nothing but central bank liquidity, and thus - the accelerating deterioration of the broader economy.

End result: with the civilian employment to population ratio unchanged from last month at 59.3%, one can easily see, on the chart below, why there will be no broad wage growth any time soon, which will merely allow the Fed to engage in its failed policies for a long, long time.

and to think that when Bush was President, many employers were begging for help. and the left thought the Bush years were bad?

Those goddamned lazy three year olds and their malingering grand parents!!!

You geniuses do realize that the population of America is constantly growing?

and to think that when Bush was President, many employers were begging for help. and the left thought the Bush years were bad?

LOL! Right? Remember those Bush years when the US struggled through 4% unemployment and 4.5% average annual growth in GDP.

Three-year-olds? Do you know what the labor force is?

Oh, yea, psst, it's okay if you can't explain your second line, either. I won't tell anyone.

Oh, yea, psst, it's okay if you can't explain your second line, either. I won't tell anyone.

You're a clueless idiot, but PLEASE, never change!

You guys used a big number instead of a percent.

YOU figure it out.

no wonder so many are flocking to the Naples/Fort Myers area! We Are Run By Republicans !!

Good one. It challenges every point I made. A liberal craft unmatched.

Good one. It challenges every point I made. A liberal craft unmatched.

Um ... what position in this thread have I taken that paints me as a liberal? Because I pointed out stupidity?

Unemployment drops to 7-year low in April - MarketWatch

no wonder so many are flocking to the Naples/Fort Myers area! We Are Run By Republicans !!

Been here 54 years and as far as I can tell, they run here, so that they can screw it up to better emulate what they fled. It's a never ending battle... .

and remember how fast we got back after 9/11? it was rough for a while,but by late 2002, things here in Florida started picking up again. but since the Pelosi/Reid caused crash of 2008, we have never recovered.

Forum List

Back