AMERICANS' SENSE OF CIVIC DUTY 'SLIPPING'

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
Americans are a little less likely to ask what they can do for their country these days.

An Associated Press-GfK poll found that the sense of duty has slipped since a similar survey three decades earlier. Civic virtues such as staying informed or serving on a jury don’t seem as important as they once did ? especially among the younger generation.

Well, but..."Civic Duty" is sort of hard to get excited about when your own government has shown time and time again that it is turning against 'the people".

Civic duty? Americans today don't even think or care about each other. Consider outsourcing, money kept overseas by corporations, even the republican presidential candidate, the loss of manufacturing to communist nations, the purchase of foreign cars made by unions overseas where they already have healthcare. Wake up you live in fantasy land if you think it is only civic duty that is amiss. Too many years of comfort and pro business propaganda has made us a nation of self centered idiots. Ask yourself how many times you hear in MSM about the loss of wages here while you see a millions ads on foreign made autos among other products.

My new year resolution is call out the fools who buy foreign and then complain our workers are not doing well because of government when the problem is them. Join me.

'Dear American,'

"The German people thank you. Our Union workers thank you, and your support of our socialized medicine is very much appreciated. Our healthcare is rated very high in the world in quality. Thank you for that. We know your workers aren't as hard working as we Germans and we know image and quality matter to you, your automobile business is not nearly as fine as ours so we thank you again. Keep supporting us as our children and grandchildren need to live as nicely as we do. Thanks and danke. That's German for thanks.

Keep up the spending American consumer of our products.

Back on Topic. Since you are free to support Japan and their unions and socialized medicine and then whine about the American union worker and our healthcare, I am free to call you out on it. If you are part of the problem at least have the chutzpah to own up to your part.

Sorry, I'm not Japanese, I buy American.

Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves require we support each other, buy American.

Didn't know you were Korean!

When the Japanese support my wife, kids, and I, I'll support them, until then I'll buy American.

Quality! our Buick is number one.

If you buy Japanese [?] please don't complain about our economy or jobs.

Buy American and Thumbs up!

Why not "Made in America" bumper stickers.

Americans need to support the industrial base of this nation or they will make it a third world country.

Made in the USA Be American. Buy American.
http://www.made-in.us.com/
Made in USA Made in America US American-Made
http://www.uaw.org/uawmade/index.cfm
Union Label

UNION BUILT PC - servers desktops training software and web development
https://unionbuiltpc.com/netbook_ubu100.php

Civic duty? Americans today don't even think or care about each other. Consider outsourcing, money kept overseas by corporations, even the republican presidential candidate, the loss of manufacturing to communist nations, the purchase of foreign cars made by unions overseas where they already have healthcare. Wake up you live in fantasy land if you think it is only civic duty that is amiss. Too many years of comfort and pro business propaganda has made us a nation of self centered idiots. Ask yourself how many times you hear in MSM about the loss of wages here while you see a millions ads on foreign made autos among other products.

My new year resolution is call out the fools who buy foreign and then complain our workers are not doing well because of government when the problem is them. Join me.

'Dear American,'

"The German people thank you. Our Union workers thank you, and your support of our socialized medicine is very much appreciated. Our healthcare is rated very high in the world in quality. Thank you for that. We know your workers aren't as hard working as we Germans and we know image and quality matter to you, your automobile business is not nearly as fine as ours so we thank you again. Keep supporting us as our children and grandchildren need to live as nicely as we do. Thanks and danke. That's German for thanks.

Keep up the spending American consumer of our products.

Back on Topic. Since you are free to support Japan and their unions and socialized medicine and then whine about the American union worker and our healthcare, I am free to call you out on it. If you are part of the problem at least have the chutzpah to own up to your part.

Sorry, I'm not Japanese, I buy American.

Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves require we support each other, buy American.

Didn't know you were Korean!

When the Japanese support my wife, kids, and I, I'll support them, until then I'll buy American.

Quality! our Buick is number one.

If you buy Japanese [?] please don't complain about our economy or jobs.

Buy American and Thumbs up!

Why not "Made in America" bumper stickers.

Americans need to support the industrial base of this nation or they will make it a third world country.

Made in the USA Be American. Buy American.
http://www.made-in.us.com/
Made in USA Made in America US American-Made
http://www.uaw.org/uawmade/index.cfm
Union Label

UNION BUILT PC - servers desktops training software and web development
https://unionbuiltpc.com/netbook_ubu100.php

I couldn't agree more but sometimes its not easy to know. For example, American cars built over seas but my Toyota Rav-4 was built here or parts of things made and one country and assembled in another.

I also try to buy local, from small businesses.

Americans are a little less likely to ask what they can do for their country these days.

An Associated Press-GfK poll found that the sense of duty has slipped since a similar survey three decades earlier. Civic virtues such as staying informed or serving on a jury don’t seem as important as they once did ? especially among the younger generation.

Well, but..."Civic Duty" is sort of hard to get excited about when your own government has shown time and time again that it is turning against 'the people".

:link:

The OP is wrong. Many people feel and act through a sense of civic duty.

No surprise there...
It's more like,What has my country done "to me" these days.

I realize some foreign cars are made here and I also realize there are lots of people who buy because of the status it confers on them. The wannabes now buy Lexus rather than Cadillac. But it is critical we are at least aware of the outcome of foreign embargoes on American products and all the various tasks that go into building an auto or anything else for that matter.

The Level Field Institute

Schedule a briefing with our team to conduct a more in-depth discussion on these important issues that affect our country. Please contact us at [email protected].

"Toyota/Lexus/Scion led the pack for the second year in a row with nearly 5.3 million cars and trucks recalled, followed by the Chrysler Group at around 4.7 million and Honda/Acura with nearly 2.8 million models recalled. While these would seem to be staggering numbers, as NHTSA points out they’re no"t weighed against sales, and as such aren’t necessarily a predictor of a given model line’s inherent safety or its long-term reliability."

Automakers With The Lowest And Highest Recall Rates - Forbes

Well at least you realize overseas companies make cars here and employ 100 of thousands of jobs at the factory and all the 1st tier and 2nd tier companies

Granger now puts the place of manufacture, and was going to buy a milwaukee drill but they don't even make them here so I bought a makita instead made in Georgia

Forum List

Back