An Interesting Graphic on What a Centrist is

What are principles of Centrism?

• Total voters
Appropriate -
/əˈprōprēət/
suitable or proper in the circumstances.
Example:

divide.jpg

The centrist position on eating poison is that a moderate amount of it is good for you.

No a centrist position is that nether brand of poison is good for you.
What's the other brand? I only mentioned one.
Partisan/Binary thinking is the poison.
When all a person does is be critical of the other party, whom they have no ability to change, then their own party, who may be just as bad in different ways... continues to do wrong because the voters only pay attention to those they can't change.
And THAT is the plan.
American Politics 101... first day of class.

Nope...Stupid stereotypes are on the dopes invoking them.
Lol, I have read with my own two little eyes libertarins defending exactly these things.

These are not stereotypes, they are typicalities.
Not any libertarians I know of....And Golfing Gonad doesn't count....But if you need a rundown, I'll indulge you...

1) "Attempts to capitalize on the opioid epidemic": Other than to somehow facilitate healing of its victims, I know of no libertarian -not one- who would want to capitalize on the opioid "epidemic"...Given that this could be seen marginally as "capitalizing on the "epidemic", it's definitely not the spirit in which the claim is made.

2) "Destroying the planet for the sake of unneeded goods": A recrimination beyond idiocy, which embraces the dueling dopey leftist memes of "destroying the planet" and "need".

3) "Puts workers in life threatening situations for the sake of marginal profit gains": So vague that it could be applied to virtually any job at any time....Throw-away statist dopiness.

4) "Doesn't want government to "tread on him" but bends over for corporations to do it.": Well-read and knowledgeable libertarians (which only encompasses about half of them, I know) understand that corporations don't exist without government sanction and approval...The behind almost every corporation "treading on him", there's a politician and/or bureaucrat facilitating the "treading"....The most glaring example of this dynamic that I often use is the FDA.

So, in conclusion, the idiotic stereotypes of libertarians in that idiotic chart are, well, idiotic.....And this is coming from someone who abandoned the big "L" libertarian philosophy years ago.

The centrist position on eating poison is that a moderate amount of it is good for you.
Eating a moderate amount of poison is not a Centrist position, as the pragmatic principle would say that there is no benefit only harm done in eating any amount of poison.

But don't let facts stop you.

Name a civilization that did not have a state.
Name a dog that has never had fleas.
This is just an example of how Libertarians are tone deaf when it comes to the need for and the role of government.

No nation can exist without a state, which is why they are often referred to as nation-states.

A nation without a state has never existed and the closest things we come to are like Somalia or some pirate hive.

No one wants chaos instead of order, dude. Your ideology blinds you.

Not any libertarians I know of....And Golfing Gonad doesn't count....But if you need a rundown, I'll indulge you...

Yeah, the no True Scotsman fallacy rephrased as No True Ideologue. I am certain you have heard some Libertarians defend some ridiculous assertions regarding no need for a government or defending the most egregious price gouging of innocent people with no other choice. It is simply not convenient for you to push your memory too hard.

1) "Attempts to capitalize on the opioid epidemic": Other than to somehow facilitate healing of its victims, I know of no libertarian -not one- who would want to capitalize on the opioid "epidemic"...Given that this could be seen marginally as "capitalizing on the "epidemic", it's definitely not the spirit in which the claim is made.

And yet some Libertarians have defended Big Pharma for as long as I can remember for anything they have ever done. Oh, and Big Tobacco too.

2) "Destroying the planet for the sake of unneeded goods": A recrimination beyond idiocy, which embraces the dueling dopey leftist memes of "destroying the planet" and "need".

Regard for decreasing pollution is not known among any Libertarians, but their insistence on people being able to sell any snake oil someone is willing to buy is well known.

3) "Puts workers in life threatening situations for the sake of marginal profit gains": So vague that it could be applied to virtually any job at any time....Throw-away statist dopiness.

How about Nike contractors in Vietnam who are given surgical masks instead of proper breathing protection as they handle toxic glues? Oh, I can hear all the Libertarians demanding action right now.....NOT.

4) "Doesn't want government to "tread on him" but bends over for corporations to do it.": Well-read and knowledgeable libertarians (which only encompasses about half of them, I know) understand that corporations don't exist without government sanction and approval...The behind almost every corporation "treading on him", there's a politician and/or bureaucrat facilitating the "treading"....The most glaring example of this dynamic that I often use is the FDA.

So, your qualification to 'well read' concedes that the rest of them are exactly this way. Thanks.

So, in conclusion, the idiotic stereotypes of libertarians in that idiotic chart are, well, idiotic.....And this is coming from someone who abandoned the big "L" libertarian philosophy years ago.

You agreed to one of them and simply denied the rest without a rhyme or reason.

The chart stands.

Yeah, the no True Scotsman fallacy rephrased as No True Ideologue. I am certain you have heard some Libertarians defend some ridiculous assertions regarding no need for a government or defending the most egregious price gouging of innocent people with no other choice. It is simply not convenient for you to push your memory too hard.

And yet some Libertarians have defended Big Pharma for as long as I can remember for anything they have ever done. Oh, and Big Tobacco too.

Regard for decreasing pollution is not known among any Libertarians, but their insistence on people being able to sell any snake oil someone is willing to buy is well known.

How about Nike contractors in Vietnam who are given surgical masks instead of proper breathing protection as they handle toxic glues? Oh, I can hear all the Libertarians demanding action right now.....NOT.

So, your qualification to 'well read' concedes that the rest of them are exactly this way. Thanks.

You agreed to one of them and simply denied the rest without a rhyme or reason.

The chart stands.
No, the idiotic stereotypes are still idiotic, your feeble attempt at carving out the exceptions notwithstanding.

Voted for the first choice, since none of the others are exact fits. The chart is rather dumb, since it shows left wingers as being opposed to bigotry and for people done whatever they want to, which is nonsense. Ideologues are just lazy simpletons who need slogans to parrot, and will never be able to find workable solutions to anything.
The guy that made the chart is a bit left of center, but I think it well illustrates the pragmatic/moderate morphology in the current two dimensional spectrum so many use.

I think a chart based on String theory would probably be necessary to get the multidimensional aspect of issues and their tensile opposites.

No, the idiotic stereotypes are still idiotic, your feeble attempt at carving out the exceptions notwithstanding.
They are not idiotic simply because you repeat yourself.
They're idiotic like all stereotypes are....Might be marginally funny when wedged into a comedy routine (which that goofy chart in the OP obviously is) but otherwise useless.

At some level, they have to know what they are.

They think you're naive for not seeing the plain evil of the other side. You can't even get them to entertain the idea of finding ways to cooperate with each other. They won't put any energy into the thought at all. They just want to lay waste to each other.
We cooperate all the time, dumbass. Every time you go to the grocery store, you're cooperating with the grocer and all his employees. How many people cooperate to build a house? A car? Your laptop computer?

Compulsion is not cooperation. Government is not cooperation. It's shear naked force.

No, it is cooperation as you can always leave, you know.

They're idiotic like all stereotypes are....Might be marginally funny when wedged into a comedy routine (which that goofy chart in the OP obviously is) but otherwise useless.
So cultures are just arbitrary sets of eccentricities? The Spanish Food aisle at Walmart is just stupid?

Madison Avenue makes billions off of stereotype because they work because they are part of reality.

Trying to judge a specific individual based on stereotypes is indeed stupid.

When all a person does is be critical of the other party, whom they have no ability to change, then their own party, who may be just as bad in different ways... continues to do wrong because the voters only pay attention to those they can't change.
And THAT is the plan.
That isn't an answer the question I asked. When I said "The centrist position on eating poison is that a moderate amount of it is good for you," you said "neither." "Neither" what? Only eating poison and not eating poison is on the table here. How can not eating poison be just as bad as eating any amount of poison?

None of the shit you want to drag into this debate is relevant.

Eating a moderate amount of poison is not a Centrist position, as the pragmatic principle would say that there is no benefit only harm done in eating any amount of poison.

But don't let facts stop you.
The centrist position is that eating something less than all the poison is the best position. That's why the centrist position if often wrong.

And THAT is the plan.
That isn't an answer the question I asked. When I said "The centrist position on eating poison is that a moderate amount of it is good for you," you said "neither." "Neither" what? Only eating poison and not eating poison is on the table here. How can not eating poison be just as bad as eating any amount of poison?

None of the shit you want to drag into this debate is relevant.

But there are two poisons on the table where you only see one.
I am a conservative. An actual one.
At the same time I am a realist. Not an idealist.
Absolutely I can see the damage being done by leftist and the liberals that either support them, or excuse them.
At the same time we have many problems on OUR side. That only WE can change.
Thanks to decades of voter precinct meandering on both sides, only we can change the problems on OUR side.
At the same time all we can do is bitch about the other side. ALl they can do is bitch about our side. And guess what - nothing changes on EITHER side.

A centrist sees this. We are the voice in the wilderness of finger pointing, misinformation, lie by omission, hypocrisy and general whine fest that gets us, as a country, NO WHERE.

Forum List

Back